It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

official canadian investigation concludes UFOs"probably extraterrestrial"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Originally posted by rickyrrr
Can it just be coincidence that all these UFO files from all these countries are being released? France, UK, Denmark, Canada, Spain, Brazil, Peru, Chile?

Only if you believe in coincidence

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
O Canada .....you rock .

Darned right we do.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Is the Examiner that trustworthy though?

Can we get another source for this so-called release?

I can't find anything.

How about the canadian government?

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

Trustworthy enough for you?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
While this does seem to be paving the road for their crippled version of disclosure, it still opens the door for a fuller disclosure as well, so this is promising. However, the part I don't like is that, they know, that we know, that they know so very much more. In view of that, this is insulting.

AGREED.

However, one of the paragon traits of the Oligarchy is supreme arrogance coupled with compulsive power mongering . . .

along with looking down haughtily and condescendingly at the serfs/slaves/useless eaters, in their view.

I certainly wouldn't expect anything nice from such evil creatures. They have been seduced into thinking that "God Almighty" is just another ET and that with their human help, satan can beat God at Armageddon.

What idiocy.

Personally, I hope disclosure delays as long as possible. When it comes, the world will never be the same and not--in the short term, for the better, by far.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hi, Inquisitive persons !!

I guess many of you know about the VRILLs ???

I NEVER though I would find a reference to those **nazzis** here:
1968 Canada GERMAN VRILLs
www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

I have seen that on YouTube: The Nazi Disks
For the URL I had, the user removed it. . .
But I DID see stuff on nazzi's vrills.

What a synchronicity ! !

Blue skies.

[edit on 09/2/16 by C-JEAN]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
Explicit = Hesitancy

Really now? Let's see what the dictionary has to say:

Explicit

1. fully and clearly expressed or demonstrated; leaving nothing merely implied; unequivocal: explicit instructions; an explicit act of violence; explicit language.
2. clearly developed or formulated: explicit knowledge; explicit belief.
3. definite and unreserved in expression; outspoken: He was quite explicit as to what he expected us to do for him.

Hesitant

1. hesitating; undecided, doubtful, or disinclined.
2. lacking readiness of speech.

You know, after reading the definitions, I can see where you would be confused.

I would be so curious to know what truth that it is you speak with such certainty about.

Insofar as the Cometa Report is concerned, the facts are not in dispute; it is not official government policy nor was it official report by the French government. That is the unequivocal truth.

Either way, the cometa report is a credible one.

I'll quote you from an earlier post...

And till this day, there doesn't seem to even be a 'complete' translation of the cometa report into any other language(specifically English).

Since it seems we only have a summary of the report and the conclusion (if I'm wrong and anyone knows where we can get a full translation, please let us know!), it is near impossible for us to say whether it is credible or not.

I've not deluded...

Of course not. Otherwise sane people are more than capable of holding delusions.

...and I never said that this was official government policy.

You did make reference to it, implicating that it was part of an official disclosure project. Further, quoting you:

on how you interpret 'official', I'd say the following high ranking officers and scientists employed, are pretty darn 'official':

Here you imply that yes, it is official.

One look at the names; says it all. Call it 'unofficial' if you please.

And here the use of quotation marks suggest that it is official and that it is just me saying that it is unofficial.

Further still, here you imply that is does represent the official position of the French government, but they are obfuscating this by releasing it through non-official channels.

They're hesitancy is a clear sign, that they wouldn't want to be 'officially' involved because of the sensitivity of the issue; on a diplomatic front. After all, the U.S are allies of the French, they would never risk compromising such an alliance. So instead, the report was allowed to be published for the public to see.. and come to their own conclusions after reading the report. And till this day, there doesn't seem to even be a 'complete' translation of the cometa report into any other language(specifically English).

It's amazing how you twist other people's words...

No one twisted your words. If anything, you were twisting your own words to worm out of position demonstrated to be wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Did a search of all of Canada take place before this announcement?
UFOs may not even be Extra Canada.

Any one search Area 51 and Bob Laraz said it was home to UFOs.
So UFOs may not even be Extra Nevada or Extra New Mexico.

They need extra brains in Canada and stop touting Illuminati BS,
not a science degree, most likely extra courage to get out of the land
of Oz.

Any one search all over earth to find UFOs that fly by.
UFOs can't be extra anything except extra suppressed.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aubryish

Do you mean, before a Brazilian could fly

Santos Dumont was the first one to manage controlled flights.

And UFO sightings were already an old thing by that time.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
The way I read the article, the Canadian Government is not "now" concluding the UFOs are ET in nature, but rather they are releasing documents from the 1950s and 1960s in which some government officials felt that UFOs are ET in origin.

Those are two totally different things.

If you asked the Canadian Government today if they think UFOs are ET in origin, they would proabably honestly say "We don't know". Releasing these old documents really doesn't change anything.

I'm sure you can find that there were U.S. government officials in the 1950s and 1960s who felt that UFOs could possibly be flown by ETs. That was not an unusual opinion to have back then -- not even for an educated opinion.
[edit on 2/16/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

Like many other people, I dream of the day that government's will turn over a new leaf and start to demonstrate some honesty on the issue. I think it is good that these documents are being put online, but I'd be surprised if any of these documents were not already available in Canada's National Archives. I know that many have been viewed by researchers on visits to Ottawa.

Back in the first years of UFO investigation there were two pronounced schools of thought, one of which acknowledged that some UFOs were extraterrestrial and not natural phenomena. That "glausnost" or "openness" ended when the "Silence Group" gained the upper hand and that was the end of the "official UFO story".

The Canadian government has shown ZERO interest in pursueing the truth on the origin of UFOs. There is NO OFFICIAL INVESTIGATION of ANY UFO incidents in Canada. Generally, the only incidents you hear reported in the media are meteors which the CBC always feigns such dumbstruck disbelief "Oh, Reaaallly, that UFO is just anouther meteor!!" when the obvious meteor/bolide is determined as such.

The Canadian government got out of the UFO investigation business decades ago. You will find some of the pertinent documents if you read through the National Defense files. The Canadian government follows the policy of NORAD on UFOs which is that they are all hoaxes, hallucinations, yada, yada, and all the unexplained are "Santa Claus" which if observed and recorded are kept safely hidden away from all prying eyes totally secret. Like a loyal and obedient dog, the Canadian government will sit when told and lay over and play dead until the US changes its policies - that is assuming the elected government has any say in this matter.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

The Cometa Report was credible without being official, they aren't mutually exclusive. You mentioned earlier that no English version exists, this isn't an outcome of secrecy. It's just that French Government sees no reason to do others' work for them
Somebody else would need to translate it.

There's a good and lengthy summary here. It makes interesting reading. Unfortunately they use the inconclusive Twining Memo to support their conclusions...and the Eisenhower Briefing Document
At the very least, it shows that the Committee were less than fastidious in checking their sources. Any doubts about provenance of documents should see them left out. For me, their inclusion undermines the report.

Despite this the Report is interesting and goes over familiar ground e.g. Radar tracking, witness reports, etc.

In its final recommendations, it stresses again the need to:
1) inform all decision-makers and persons in position of responsibility;
2) reinforce means of investigation and study at SEPRA;
3) have UFO detection taken into account by agencies engaged in of space surveillance;
4) create a strategic cell at the highest state level;
5) undertake diplomatic action toward the Unites States for cooperation on this "capital question";
6) study measures which might be necessary in case of emergencies.

SEPRA was closed in the early 90s, I think.

Regarding the English report? The second half is available here. Any revelations would be found in the first half. If you read the bibliography, you'll see another reason why the document wasn't official

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by Aubryish
Before Americans could fly....
S & F

What about the rest of us?

The Wright Brothers were Americans

The rest of you don't count

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
oops

[edit on 17-2-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
LOL, I went to the files and found a report by my mom and dad, very interesting. The office said they had been reading some articles on UFO's, and let their imagination get away from them. However I know it was real, but they found any excuse to ignore them then.

I read one account in my home town, and the person saw three blue lights traveling in formation, possibly as part of a triangle, back in 1973. It was stamped, "POSSIBLY A METEOR". LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Wow!!!!!!!! I knew this was coming though. As a pilot, born and raised in British Columbia Canada I have seen many unexplainable things in the sky. I have been living in WA state for five years now and I get the feeling the US Gov't will never disclose anything!

I dont mean to offend anyone in America but I notice that there are more "closed minded" people here who always totally deny the fact ET's exist and probably wouldnt be able to handle full disclosure! IM NOT SAYING ALL!! probably close to 50% of the population though!

The rest of the world is following suit with at least SOME disclosure... Im sure technologies will be kept secret for a while but at least Canada and other countries admit to the fact that most UFO's are most probably ExtraTerrestrial. I wish everyday the United States Gov't will quit being so paranoid more so the "Shadow Gov't" and give the poeple what they deserve to know. Proud to be Canadian!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

Then move please, I can assure you we wont miss you.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Speak for yourself buddy.... We? you are on your own

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
O Canada, disclosure's close at hand.
From above, they may well very soon land.

With glowing hearts we see them rise,
The EBE's strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our Earth glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Well done guys, that nearly makes up for Alanis Morissette.

I really think this disclosure stuff is getting interesting. Really exciting.

One of the Project Camelot interviewees said it was going to be as early as this spring!?!?!? Who knows? He said other governments were going to shame the U.S. into disclosing. "If you don't do it soon, the French will."

[edit on 17-2-2009 by HiAliens]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
these are just table scraps tho guys

the military industrial complex which hides the truth, is kind of funny as an "entity"

they have lied so much about this subject, that now they are sacrificing old lies, in order to preserve and strengthen today's relevant lies

on the one hand, we are getting tidbits of truth trickling down

but they Are in fact table scraps

this is limited disclosure, and by no means complete

i guess we should feel lucky they admitted a few things lol

That's a good point. I don't know how many times our own military has been caught lying with regards to UFO's. The Stephenville Texas UFO's come to mind too..

US Military Flip Flops on the Stephenville UFO Story

There are many other examples. Our military will always initially lie about UFO's but they will never admit to it even when such lies are pretty much wide open for all to see. It was only when FAA radar reports were released in response to the MUFON investigation FOIA requests that the military decided to change its story. And that was only because the FAA radar reports contained proof of multiple military aircraft in the area after the military publicly stated there were no such aircraft in the area on the night in question.

Some People think that the Stephenville MUFON investigation/report indicated some broad new trend involving openness regarding UFO's.. It is actually quite the opposite if you actually read the report in its entirety. The military is as secretive as ever about UFO's.

Meanwhile, the military sais it doesn't know anything when they literally put up a brick wall when they're caught with their pants down.. And when they're caught in the lie they won't even admit it. All the military secrecy and unwillingness to cooperate with MUFON investigations alone throws up a giant red flag saying we aren't being told the whole truth. And the military is one of the only organisations these days that can get away with not cooperating with official FOIA requests.. They don't even HAVE to lie most of the time because they usually don't respond to such requests in the first place.. You're meaning to tell me that FAA radars caught all these military aircraft flying around that night in Stephenville and no military radar stations picked any of it up? The FAA radar even picked up the friggin UFO for a short period!

Most of these releases of documents seem more like governments trying to get people off their backs. Government throws a bone.. People calm down. Thats their whole mentality. Anything of substantial national security significance (and I guarantee you pretty much all of the most amazing UFO events are) will never be released by such governments.

It's like a secret UFO crash.. Say a UFO crashes in Russia.. Russia would want all the event and any information it learned from the UFO to itself. The same goes for pretty much any significant UFO wave/event in which those same governments have actually learned something about the phenomenon. Therefore, pretty much any significant "UFO Documents" would never be released because they contain information that these countries aren't willing to share.

Sometimes UFO events make countries look bad too. UFO's around nuclear facilities, UFO's flying around at will in controlled military air-space, etc.. They probably wouldn't want it out in the open that they can't even protect their own sovereign territory against such a threat. Especially when their allies (the U.S. for example) are still a brick wall of UFO secrecy. What these countries are probably doing is filtering out all the important UFO reports/documents and then releasing all the stuff that is just elusive and raises more questions than answers. It makes sense!

-ChriS

[edit on 17-2-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens

One of the Project Camelot interviewees said it was going to be as early as this spring!?!?!? Who knows? He said other governments were going to shame the U.S. into disclosing. "If you don't do it soon, the French will."

Except this wasn't disclosure of anything. We're known for years that various governments at various times have investigated UFOs or at least kept some record of sightings. This is not disclosure of any secrets or a change in official policy regarding the phenomenon. It's nothing but a file-dump of material the Canadian government does not deem necessary to national security.

Originally posted by Fireball69
I dont mean to offend anyone in America but I notice that there are more "closed minded" people here who always totally deny the fact ET's exist and probably wouldnt be able to handle full disclosure! IM NOT SAYING ALL!! probably close to 50% of the population though!

Actually, opinion polls show that 70-80% of the US population (depending on the poll) believe extraterrestrials have or are visiting the planet.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by HiAliens

Except this wasn't disclosure of anything. We're known for years that various governments at various times have investigated UFOs or at least kept some record of sightings. This is not disclosure of any secrets or a change in official policy regarding the phenomenon. It's nothing but a file-dump of material the Canadian government does not deem necessary to national security.

I have to agree. If this is "disclosure" all Obama has to do is have some government agency post a bunch of 40 year old reports that are already in the public sphere on a website along with the contents of one of the fifty year old studies that concluded that some UFOs originate from other planets and voila, disclosure!! Maybe Podesto and company should just add a link on a government website to one of the online UFO databases and presto! The mob will hail this as the dawn of a new and long awaited era of contact with extraterrestrial civilization.

We are living in the dark ages as far as government and military secrecy and I see little to no evidence that this will change soon. It will take years or decades to erode away at all the walls upon walls of secrecy and denial. Unless there is some sort of revolutionary uprising - which could yield an even more repressive, exploitive and indifferent ruling class.

From ,my point of view, we are probably getting further away from making any sense of UFO phenomena. The internet is flooded with hoaxes and photographs and videos of blurry insects, birds and pulsating stars and planets that are being passed off as alien spaceships. Everytime there is a bolide sighting, all kinds of people jump up and down thinking it is evidence the aliens are going to land. And need I add but the cases and incidents that generate the most discussion and interest on this board seem to ALWAYS be hoaxes like Serpo and the "Chad drones".

It is all very pathetic really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join