It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

official canadian investigation concludes UFOs"probably extraterrestrial"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
And the "Cometa Report" was not an official report of the French government, nor did it represent official French policy. It was hardly a step towards the mythical disclosure.

It depends on how you interpret 'official',

I'd say the following high ranking officers and scientists employed, are pretty darn 'official':

* General Bruno Lemoine, of the Air Force (FA of IHEDN)
* Admiral Marc Merlo, (FA of IHEDN)
* Michel Algrin, Doctor in Political Sciences, attorney at law (FA of IHEDN)
* General Pierre Bescond, engineer for armaments (FA of IHEDN)
* Denis Blancher, Chief National Police superintendent at the Ministry of the Interior
* Christian Marchal, chief engineer of the national Corps des Mines and Research Director at the National Office of Aeronautical Research (ONERA)
* General Alain Orszag, Ph.D. in physics, armaments engineer

And I find this pretty interesting too;

It is interesting to recall here that, twenty years ago, it was a report of that same Association which led to the creation of GEPAN, the first unit for UFO study, at CNES.

Source

CNES is the French equivalent to NASA.

[edit on 16/2/09 by Majorion]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't get too excited about it.

It might make the cheeks flush red and get some people excited, but Disclosure will not occur unless they provide PROOF, rather than conjecture.

These reports maintain the status quo. Nothing can be proven or denied and it still shrouds the topic in mystery.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
It depends on how you interpret 'official'

The 'COMETA Report' was not solicited by the French government..."By letter dated 23 February General Bastien, of the Special Staff of the President of the Republic, wrote: 'To answer your question, this ‘report’ compiled by members of an association organised under the law of 1901 (ruling most non-commercial private associations in France) did not respond to any official request and does not have any special status'."

I'd say the following high ranking officers and scientists employed, are pretty darn 'official':

Who were not working in any official capacity for the French government when they produced the report.

Although members of COMETA consisted mostly of ex-members of IHEDN, IHEDN made it clear that it had nothing to do with this report. As Claude Maugé wrote in his article: "According to Lieutenant-Colonel Pierre Bayle, head of the Communication Service of IHEDN, 'The Institute for Advanced Studies in National Defence wishes to make it clear that statements made by these individuals only engage them, and them alone, and are in no way a reflection of the thoughts of IHEDN, which has no special element of information on this topic.'"

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is a good find. I "hope" for disclosure but it needs to be on a bigger level. I am excited for this step towards disclosure but ultimately think that our governments might never just come into the open with all of the information as their secrets can be used for control. I think they might slowly leak it out and who knows maybe they will blow open the doors to all that's been hidden with this subject one day. I don't need any proof UFO's exist because I've seen my own but to know from our governments standpoint on what they are is more intriguing. Anyway good find and I hope this keeps up.

And just a thought. I wonder if this could possibly be stepping stones toward project Blue Beam if that is real and ever happens.......

[edit on 16-2-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

So the French government were hesitant for the report to represent 'official' policy; foreign or otherwise.

They're hesitancy is a clear sign, that they wouldn't want to be 'officially' involved because of the sensitivity of the issue; on a diplomatic front. After all, the U.S are allies of the French, they would never risk compromising such an alliance. So instead, the report was allowed to be published for the public to see.. and come to their own conclusions after reading the report. And till this day, there doesn't seem to even be a 'complete' translation of the cometa report into any other language(specifically English).

Either way, I never said that this report represents, as you say 'mythical disclosure'.. but the report is intriguing nonetheless. And you can try to discredit this report all you want. One look at the names; says it all. Call it 'unofficial' if you please.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think the fact that Canadian Defense Minister Paul Hellyer endorses Col. Philip Corso pretty much says it all.

This is probably a media opportunity Hellyer's office sees as attention getting without involving any work or expense.

If there was anything of the least value it would be treated very differently.

Expect documentation long on double talk and short on substance.

The big question has always been how do you could you cover up the biggest event in scientific and human history?

Maybe they employ sworn to secrecy aliens to extricate the alien technology for them.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The way I read the article, the Canadian Government is not "now" concluding the UFOs are ET in nature, but rather they are releasing documents from the 1950s and 1960s in which some government officials felt that UFOs are ET in origin.

Those are two totally different things.

If you asked the Canadian Government today if they think UFOs are ET in origin, they would proabably honestly say "We don't know". Releasing these old documents really doesn't change anything.

I'm sure you can find that there were U.S. government officials in the 1950s and 1960s who felt that UFOs could possibly be flown by ETs. That was not an unusual opinion to have back then -- not even for an educated opinion.

[edit on 2/16/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Was there anything else or was this it? It only seems to go from 1946-1978 which is kind of disappointing; better than nothing, I guess.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertPaulsim

And what has come of all this?
NOTHING!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
this is awesome, i'm going to be all over this site for days now!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
these are just table scraps tho guys

the military industrial complex which hides the truth, is kind of funny as an "entity"

they have lied so much about this subject, that now they are sacrificing old lies, in order to preserve and strengthen today's relevant lies

on the one hand, we are getting tidbits of truth trickling down

but they Are in fact table scraps

this is limited disclosure, and by no means complete

i guess we should feel lucky they admitted a few things lol

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

What do you expect? Your precious Obama steps out on the white house lawn, his green buddy by his side??

Nah, at first one country, then the next and at last the whole world.

Great News

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
While this does seem to be paving the road for their crippled version of disclosure, it still opens the door for a fuller disclosure as well, so this is promising. However, the part I don't like is that, they know, that we know, that they know so very much more. In view of that, this is insulting.

Full disclosure to me will be the revealing of all of their joint meetings and programs with ets, including releasing all of the technological gains from such deals, and revealing the nature of their agreements to "hand the experiencers over" and all other related materials. It will be a complete knowledge upgrade that will be amazing, though thoroughly incriminating for them. And will involve interaction with our cosmic visitors. With plans to mentor this planet into becoming civilized with beneficial ets, not renegades. Anything other than that is a joke. Of course, considering that they are probably working with renegades, or possibly even are renegades going all the way back to Sumeria and Enki, this kind of disclosure may be messy and only take place after those who need to be served justice are served.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

So the French government were hesitant for the report to represent 'official' policy.

And you can try to discredit this report all you want. One look at the names; says it all. Call it 'unofficial' if you please.

There was no hesitancy on the part of the French government; they were explicit this report was neither commissioned by the government nor stated official government policy.

And yes, you can continue to refuse to accept the truth, but the Cometa Report was not an official report by the French government. It was commission by a private group by people who were former members of the government, who were in no way working for the government in the writing of the report.

So yes, it was unofficial, no matter how much you want to delude yourself in to believing somehow represented official government policy on some level.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

There was no hesitancy on the part of the French government; they were explicit this report was neither commissioned by the government nor stated official government policy.

Explicit = Hesitancy

And yes, you can continue to refuse to accept the truth

I would be so curious to know what truth that it is you speak with such certainty about.

Either way, the cometa report is a credible one. your attempts to belittle and discredit the report, will do you no good. Be it; "official" or otherwise.

no matter how much you want to delude yourself in to believing somehow represented official government policy on some level.

I've not deluded, and I never said that this was official government policy. It's amazing how you twist other people's words, then complain when someone debates you the same way. You were the one who said, "last time, Majorion"..so I left you be..and now you're here telling me about truth, and that I'm deluded? .. back to name calling are we again?

Just stick to your 'HP Lovecraft' bible, and remain in your bubble.

[edit on 16/2/09 by Majorion]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

Full disclosure to me will be the revealing of all of their joint meetings and programs with ets, including releasing all of the technological gains from such deals, and revealing the nature of their agreements to "hand the experiencers over" and all other related materials. It will be a complete knowledge upgrade that will be amazing, though thoroughly incriminating for them. And will involve interaction with our cosmic visitors. With plans to mentor this planet into becoming civilized with beneficial ets, not renegades. Anything other than that is a joke. Of course, considering that they are probably working with renegades, or possibly even are renegades going all the way back to Sumeria and Enki, this kind of disclosure may be messy and only take place after those who need to be served justice are served.

This is sounds like 50s pulp Science Fiction. Do the bug-eyed aliens grab blondes in brass brassieres and fight muscular guys in tights wit ray guns?

Give the extraterrestrial illegal immigrant some credit for originality beyond that of a sub-par SF hack writer.

MF

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

Originally posted by reject
this is starting to look a lot like disclosure, isn't it?

Not particularly. Didn't France release a good amount of their UFO document's a while back? For there to be anything even resembling what ATS members would call disclosure, there would need to be a major impetus on the world governments to do so. Although I believe we are drawing closer to that point, I don't think this represents any kind of major step.

It does look like a process of acclimation though don't you think?

Can it just be coincidence that all these UFO files from all these countries are being released? France, UK, Denmark, Canada, Spain, Brazil, Peru, Chile? all within the space of a few years, and seemingly accelerating? (Denmark was just a few days ago)

Something is up...

-rrr

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i looked thru the timeline map feature

nothing much there, what i found there is already online somewhere,

seems flashy and all, but, there was not that much there

the search feature kind of made me wonder

-----

Document Title:
Sighting Date (text):
Document Date (mm/dd/yyyy):

-----

seems one has to know the name of the document?
how am i supposed to know the name of a document that i had no idea of its existence? and then, well... the one thing that was Good

the minutes of a meeting in '52, and how by then, there were starting to be numerous reports of UFO's.... they decided to set up an official way of reporting and investigating... Observer Corps? apparently, citizens hired to 'watch the skies'......

but overall, kinda boring

oh and them two fellers who jokingly admitted they made crop circles, haha, what about the one in '67 in Alberta?

oh well, my eyes need to see a movie, too many words now

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
The way I read the article, the Canadian Government is not "now" concluding the UFOs are ET in nature, but rather they are releasing documents from the 1950s and 1960s in which some government officials felt that UFOs are ET in origin.

Those are two totally different things.

If you asked the Canadian Government today if they think UFOs are ET in origin, they would proabably honestly say "We don't know". Releasing these old documents really doesn't change anything.

I'm sure you can find that there were U.S. government officials in the 1950s and 1960s who felt that UFOs could possibly be flown by ETs. That was not an unusual opinion to have back then -- not even for an educated opinion.

[edit on 2/16/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

If it doesn't change anything, why do you think they bother? It costs taxpayer's money to declassify documents. Seven different countries have done the same in the last year or two. Do you have a guess as to why they're doing it if it doesn't change anything?

-rrr

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Absolutely NOTHING will come of this.

There will be vague details, weak stories and NO evidence.

It is just supposed to look nice. "Window Dressing".

Mark my words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join