It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

official canadian investigation concludes UFOs"probably extraterrestrial"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Canada releases UFO X-Files to the World

The Canadian Government has just authorized open public access to thousands of federal government documents concerning UFOs. A total of 9500 digitized documents spanning the years 1947 to the early 1980s are now available through the Library and Archives Canada website. Titled “Canada's UFOs: The Search for the Unknown” the files include correspondence, reports, memos and procedures, some of which specifically deal with UFOs. The files come from Canada’s National Defense Department, the Department of Transport, the National Research Council, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Canada’s release of its UFO X-Files follows closely upon the release at the end of January of Denmark's UFO files. Britain continues to release thousands of UFO files through a program of gradual releases it began in May 2007 through its national archives with the most recent being on October 2008. The French Space Agency had earlier announced on March 22, 2007, that it was making public its secret UFO files through a government website.

The important difference between the released Canadian UFO files with other country releases is the inclusion of departmental analyses rather than simply reports of UFO sightings. According to Victor Viggiani from Exopolitics Toronto, “The Canadian files do not simply list UFO sightings; they describe actions, meetings and inter-departmental memoranda generated by Canadian officials that attempt to make sense of the considerable onslaught of UFO sightings as well as referencing American problems with keeping abreast of UFO sightings.”
this is starting to look a lot like disclosure, isn't it?

"… it is difficult to reconcile this performance with the capabilities of our technology, and unless the technology of some terrestrial nation is much more advanced than is generally known, we are forced to the conclusion that the vehicles are probably extra-terrestrial, in spite of our prejudices to the contrary."

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Send me the documents and I'll read through them

Seems our Canadian friends are releasing some tantalising information surrounding the UFO field. The most shocking evidence is within the hands of NATO - dozen of documented sites from the United Kingdom, West Germany and the Netherlands.

Including drawings, photo's, film recordings and "materials" gathered from the site.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
O Canada .....you rock .

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
UFOs do exist people
Before North Americans could fly there were sightings of spaceships in our skies!!!

I believe Anyway just by the Canadian government acknowledging UFOs that means they are here.

S & F

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Aubryish]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aubryish
Before Americans could fly....
S & F

What about the rest of us?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
defnetly looks like its a trend now. Make sure everyone is familiar with the Disclosure act 2001 Google it if your not. Flagged

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yes everyone too
How could I be so Americanized.....

Thanks for pointing that out(star for you)

Yes Canada you do Rock
and roll

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Start digging here:
www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

AWESOME

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This part is interesting...

“The Canadian files do not simply list UFO sightings; they describe actions, meetings and inter-departmental memoranda generated by Canadian officials that attempt to make sense of the considerable onslaught of UFO sightings as well as referencing American problems with keeping abreast of UFO sightings.”

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yet another reason to want to move to Canada...HONESTY!

Unfortunately if anything, the U.S. will continue to ignore this issue (especially now as the world is essentially crumbling before our eyes).

Interesting to see that UFO news is everywhere it seems this year.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Canada rocks. Starred and Flagged. Will start digging. Thanks!
Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh no! OHHH NOOOOO ! ! I can't beleive it ! ! !

My eyes are wet. . . ! B,-)

I was already VERY glad to see many countries open their archives.
And now ???? It's MINE ! ! HI I I I I HAAAAAAAAA !!!

Now, all we NEED is: OFFICIAL elected in 2008-9 persons, that say :
" YES, we have met and TALKed or TELEPATHYzed with ETs,
that came here in that *ship* ( photo showed ). and they
told us that : ___insert_ET_words_here___". . .

Blue skies.

[edit on 09/2/16 by C-JEAN]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
this is starting to look a lot like disclosure, isn't it?

Not particularly. Didn't France release a good amount of their UFO document's a while back? For there to be anything even resembling what ATS members would call disclosure, there would need to be a major impetus on the world governments to do so. Although I believe we are drawing closer to that point, I don't think this represents any kind of major step.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'd like to join in on this positive reaction you guys have going here, but I know better. I know that nothing substantial will ever come of these UFO related materials that's being declassified around the world.

The real truth will probably never see the light of day.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
I'd like to join in on this positive reaction you guys have going here, but I know better. I know that nothing substantial will ever come of these UFO related materials that's being declassified around the world.

Bingo. These governments are throwing a bone to the believers and they think it is a steak. There has been little in the way of substance in the releases (so far) more just a collection of sightings. The report saying UFOs may be extraterrestrial craft is intriguing, but it is one report; there will be others saying they are not extraterrestrial craft and the conclusions of that lone report do not seem to represent the official government policy.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Is the Examiner that trustworthy though?

Can we get another source for this so-called release?

I can't find anything.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The Cometa Report seems to conclude that some ufos represent extraterrestrial craft. And that was in 99

Are we any closer to some sort of disclosure? .. Not really.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
The Cometa Report seems to conclude that some ufos represent extraterrestrial craft. And that was in 99

And the "Cometa Report" was not an official report of the French government, nor did it represent official French policy. It was hardly a step towards the mythical disclosure.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Seems like much ado about not much if you ask me. But hey... at least it's something.... i think...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hi reject,
I hope it’s no problem, but regarding the subject of your thread I thought this video of former Canadian Defence Minister fit's in a way in the discussion.

Paul Hellyer, former Canadian Defence Minister endorses the validity of Colonel Philip J Corso's Book "They Day After Roswell" and agrees with Alfred Webre's Proposal of "A Decade Of Contact" with Extra-terrestrials, rather than interplanetary War.

video.google.com...

[edit on 16/2/09 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 16/2/09 by spacevisitor]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join