It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if GOD is the evil one?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Krisclin

I am reading a book on this subject titled: "About The Holy Bible" by Robert G. Ingersoll. I don't know what to think now, I've been a faithful Christian for a long time now; this book points to contradictions apparent in both Old and New testaments as well as criticism of God's character traits. Its pretty convincing.

Remember, there are authors that have refuted all of what you are reading. Research the other side of these proposed contradictions. I have not found one of any significance that I could not find a logical explanation for. I did this recently on other posts and presented evidence that made the proposed contradiction precipitate back to the depths of hell.

I find it reprehensible that people make a living selling books for the purpose of destroying one's faith in the God of the Bible.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga

This creates vibrational patterning, except they are known (by those spiritually endowed, at least) to be Alive. They are referred to as the black or Mother half of the yin-yang, which is magnetic/negative; and the white or Father half of the yin-yang, which is electric/postive.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by SS,Naga]

This statement has sexist AND racist connotations.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Pizza_Nif]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by StonyJ

My 8 year old has the the perfect reply to your statement.

"Jibber Jabber"

Why are people so gullible? (Oh....with all due respect, of course)

And what names do you have for those who are seduced by the spirit of this world?

Surely you can do better than to put down people and name calling those who have faith in Christ?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The crux of this biscuit is to be found in the old Hebrew concept of Original Sin. It involves a twist on the original Sumerian tale of Man's liberation from slavery to the Gods by virtue of the Godess giving Adam a bite from the Fruit of Knowledge. In the original story it was an act of mercy on her part. In the Hebrew story the Goddess was trtansformed into Eve and the biting of the fruit was an act of rebellion against the Creator. The Hebrew narritive is inherently flawed, I believe, because it tries to maintain that we are both objects manufactured by God but also on the same level as God where our decisions are concerned. This is obvious nonsense. If the first assertion is held as true then the second one becomes ludicrous. If the second is held as fact then the first becomes untenable since it is illogical to think that God creatred other Gods that are still somehow subjegated to his rule.

If we were made as Gods then God must accept our actions and decisions as being equally as valid and righteous as his. The Bible makes it clear that he does not. If then, we are left with the notion rthat we are merely automotons, designed and built to his specifications and meant to fullfill his reasons for our existence, then it seems to me to be entirely misplaced to blame the machine for functioning outside of its design parameters. If your car screws up you don't blame the car, you blame the manufacturer! The blame for the fall logically rests on his shoulders and not ours.

Perhaps a better question to title this thread with is not "Is God Evil" so much as it is "Is God Really Stupid"?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If God were evil he wouldn't have created life. He would have just sat on his etherial throne all by himself hating and hating ... not creating.

We all get bored...he could have wanted something to mess with!

What if we were all just being controlled by the evil one (god) and were made to think he was good to follow him? Haha...a bit far, but I felt like saying it (No I do not believe that).

Life is full of contradictions. Everyone contradicts themselves one way or another. Even God.

But...you ever hear that the simplest answer is usually the right answer? Maybe we are all our own leaders and there is no upper being? That sounds pretty simple to me...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If God were evil he wouldn't have created life. He would have just sat on his etherial throne all by himself hating and hating ... not creating.

Really ?

So what or whom he would hate ?

Himself ?

He HAD to create something in order to hate it

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I put down no one.

I just see the emptiness of those that "have faith".

If you observe as an outsider, you would come to the same conclusions.

If "faith" in a higher power helps you make it through your day and explains the unexplainable, I have no issue with it.

However, don't expect everyone to have the same "faith" in the mythology.

Like I stated before, I kind of like the whole Mt. Olympus story. It served many pretty well for many generations before the next story came along.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Interesting topic. I have thought about this before. Without bad would we know good? Without black would we know white? Without day would we know night? We need opposites for agency and choice IMO.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic
Interesting topic. I have thought about this before. Without bad would we know good? Without black would we know white? Without day would we know night? We need opposites for agency and choice IMO.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by N3krostatic]

IMO, I look at my cat and I know that kicking him against the wall is the wrong thing to do. I don't need a "higher power" or a book written by hundreds of people to tell me that.

Black and white.......white and black.......what about the inherent common sense that resides in us all?

Do people really need the structure and pomp to carry on their daily lives?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Some people refute the God of the OT without selling books...they do this because they fear most of the world is being mislead by the voice of flesh...who is greedy, prideful and lusts for power....describes the OT God pretty well. But the Infinite Creator is better then that....there is a parable that runs through the pages of the Bible, and it has to do with the ages of the zodiac, just like all religions are based a pone.

I fear for those that will have to relearn that those happeneings of a intervening powerful prideful God is not Thee. I fear, this is why, few understand. They take the book too literal....I think its really a deeper parable...showing how all religions follow a star prophecy belief and it just keeps getting made anew. Show me a religion that doesnt involve the stars. To go a bit deeper, I think its a telling of how to follow the ages of time that we are in and showing, inbetween ages, people have a hard time readjusting to the new knowledge and wisdom that comes. So we alwasy see a people refusing the new age and new wisdom.

It was Jesus who talked of the man carrying the buckets of water. I believe this to be a warning of the age of Aquarius. The Sun will rise again, in a new house. Jesus was born at the beginning of the age Pieces....and then warns of the next age Aquarius.

And the whelp that comes out of the Lion...well I would keep my eyes on the movements within Leo...and a movement that goes from Leo into the Virgo (Virgin).

Call me crazy, its ok, I am prepared for the masses to not agree on this.

LV

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The Creation reflects the work of the Creator. "The invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead," etc.

"Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

Dare I throw this in here?

Sex Is Life. Here's a picture of it: X

Your post should be deeply contemplated by everyone.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hello again John

Rereading my posts today, I wanted to point out that I do agree with you more so then what my post led on to. It was late and I was ramblen a bit

I do agree...about selling books to debunk beliefs with just another belief. If one believes for the right reasons, they are going to share their point of view for free like many of us find ourselves doing through forums like ATS>

I wasnt trying to pull you out on something, but I feel that all people that are humble seekers share their faith because they care about others (some do not do this for this humble reason) and I feel you are one of those that do generally care. As do I. I care that the masses might be mistaken just as you care about your belief and believes it will bring someone wisdom.

My only small point was, not all share things for selfish reasons, not all share their thoughts that someone might be wrong just to debate or debunk. I hope you see that some that have beliefs other then your really are here for the same reasons you are...because we care about the others/selves.

I think I took a small point and made it something more then it was...apologies. Why some things strike nerves with me sometimes...when I agree more so then disagree, Ill never know...mabey that is the female in me

Peace,
LV

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveMe

I think you should become a Freemason!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Krisclin

I am reading a book on this subject titled: "About The Holy Bible" by Robert G. Ingersoll. I don't know what to think now, I've been a faithful Christian for a long time now; this book points to contradictions apparent in both Old and New testaments as well as criticism of God's character traits. Its pretty convincing.

Negatives on faith are what you get when you read a book written by an atheist. I would do some more research on the subject before taking the word on faith by an atheist as truth.

I found that reading the Bible is very helpful, don't take the word of any religion you may belong to either. I used to be a Catholic, and they don't encourage the reading of the Bible, and no wonder, since the Bible specifically says, DON'T DO many of the things the pope, priests and Catholicism says DO!

Such as, the bible calls anyone who believes in Jesus, saints. It says the hierarchy of the church should be small. It says the leader of the church should be MARRIED to one wife only. It says the leader of the church should be more of a servant as far as attitude. It makes comments AGAINST forbidding to eat certain things (meat on fridays.) AND, it says call no MAN,
FATHER (not including your parent) call no man RABBI, call no man MASTER
except, God our Father.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveMe

AboveMe:

Why would God want to make his creations like puppets? And it is you that say that free will was a mistake. The Lord does not want his children to love him because they have to. He wants his children to love him because they choose to. The bible says he created man in his own image, so therefore the Creator must have free will.

He also created the angels and they have free will, as the bible tells us what happened to Lucifer and his band of followers.

God didn't make a mistake. Man makes their own choice.

John 1:1-4

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it."

Christ was with God when he created man. How much love does it take for a man to lay down his life for another? Jesus came to show us the light, how to find the light. It is so sad that there is still so much darkness in this world. Man and woman make their choice to choose the light or the darkness. Christ came to make a pathway out of the darkness to the Father, the light. You choose!

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I recommend anybody to read or watch "Conversations with God" It might not be really God hes talking to but its a beautiful story none the less.

What gets me is that if someone knowingly caused someone else to become evil through drugs if it was no fault of their own, why would God still send them to hell?

God knows people will praise him if he showed himself. So why make us strive for his love and be invisible to his creation?

If God was love then we are not the creation of this Earth but already created in spirit and experiencing this Earth. Could our real home be in the spirit world and this is an earth for experience?

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ok whoa everyone...

This is like every extreme possible fighting for a perspective.

What if we were all right?

Could that be possible?

I can see it.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If you wanted to control people and you had competition you would say that your opponent was evil and the things they allowed would leading to punishment. One the other hand if you didn't want to control people you would allow people to decide their own destiny and remove limitations. Makes you wonder who is the one promoting freedom and free will and who is promoting obedience.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join