It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another so called Bolid!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
For the second time in a short period south of Sweden is hit by a big Bolid.

Night turned into day!

English : Confused readers were in contact with the newspaper Barometern on Sunday night, after a few seconds witnessing a light phenomenon on the sky, attached to the phenomenon was a load sounding roar.

Chris Allen living in Ferrytown member of the greenhavens astronomical society also became a witness to the to the odd phenomenon a believed so called BOLID meteor.

Allen say to the newspaper that a Bolid is a unusual light strong meteor and describes the sound like a sort of sputter / spit sound. It is caused when gravel or small rocks coming into atmosphere in high speed and burns up.

- I have during thousands of hours of observations never seen such a light strong bolid meteor. For a short time the night were light up to daylight says Allen to The Barometer News on the web.

Translation : Kukulcangod

Swedish : Förbryllade läsare hörde på söndagskvällen av sig till tidningen Barometern sedan de under några sekunder bevittnat ett ljussken på himlen och hört något de beskrev som ett buller.

Chris Allen i Färjestaden, medlem i Grönhögens astronomiska förening, blev också vittne till det udda fenomenet, en så kallad bolid.

Allen säger till tidningen att en bolid är en ovanligt ljusstark meteor och beskriver ljudet som ett slags fräsande. Fenomenet orsakas när grus eller småsten med hög hastighet kommer in i atmosfären och förbränns.

- Jag har under tusentals timmar av observationer aldrig sett en så ljusstark bolid. För en kort stund lystes natten upp till dag, säger Allen till Barometern på nätet.

svt.se...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
So called Bolide Meteor? Are you suggesting that it's something other than what's being reported? Perhaps I missed that in your Op but I can't seem to find any alternate theory to back up your Thread Heading.

IRM

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Maybe ? hehe funny you caught that!
Because that's what they said in both news and in the paper? Don`t ask me why they put it like that, exactly : " so called Bolid" is what they use?

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Kukulcangod]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kukulcangod

Hey you're right. That's quite mysterious isn't it! I wonder what they think it is? Keep an eye out to see if they present their own theory and post back in this thread.

IRM

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Guys,

A bolide is just another name for a bright fireball/meteor. It could be artificial, but usually the term refers to a natural event.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

LOL! I'm aware of that Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller! I'm just curious why they are saying "So Called" - as though they're somewhat skeptical of the explanation.

IRM

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Oh, OK IRM...

I think they are just trying to say that 'bolide' is another name for a bright meteor, not that they think that the event is being purposely called something other than what it is to try and obscure the truth. That would be my interpretation anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So many fireballs from the sky recently, satellite crash. A very severe space weather nowadays. I am beginning to feel that there is something up.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yes and thx for the feedback, but it really makes you wonder if it is " so called Bolid" as THEY call it or " so called Bolid" as we call it?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kukulcangod
Yes and thx for the feedback, but it really makes you wonder if it is " so called Bolid" as THEY call it or " so called Bolid" as we call it?

Maybe a "so called Bolid" as in that they don't know exactly, but say it so that it would seem as they do.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The way this "so called" term is used, does not suggest anything dishonest in the scandinavian languages.

it is more like "as they are called with this special word".

The disturbed meaning comes from a direct translation, and from putting the word another in front

top topics

join