It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention! Are there Meteors Heading this Way Right Now? Pictures/Very Clear

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

Well, like I said... Jan 20th. was the Presidential Inauguration, not a warning word. As for astrologers, I know nothing with that. As for astronomers, I'm sure they all have looked at it, considered it nothing, and moved on with their business. Considering how many telescopes are out there (including independent ones not controlled by any government) it would seem as if that these photos are taken for what people guess them to be, without having any real background to understanding what they are. But, that's just IMHO.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

A sunspot is emerging near the sun's eastern limb. The spot's low latitude and magnetic polarity identify it as a fossil from old Solar Cycle 23. This breaks a string of 23 consecutive spotless days beginning on Jan. 20th. Readers, if you have a solar telescope, take a look. From the 12th

and this from the 11th feb
The source of the explosion appears to be a collapsing (or erupting) magnetic filament. The filament was present before the flare, absent afterward. Higher-cadence imagery from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) may confirm or refute this idea; however, those images have not yet been beamed back to Earth. Stay tuned for updates.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm not going to pretend I know what the photos mean they could well be normal but I'm of the opinion if there was a meteor/asteroid from the direction of the sun we wouldn't even see it till it hit us.

I think I'm right as it takes about 8 minutes or so for even the suns light to reach us so I personally don't think we would see them till they impacted.

And since they haven't.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Teknikal]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Like I said earlier.... This may be from jupiter and if it jettisoned on the 20th then given its path it could possibly be in the current view of venus... maybe in its current path... It may separate in our view in the next couple of days, showing both venus and jupiter side by each...

If that's what it is....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I've got to nap... Let's not let this die so we can have more look at it.... the more the better...

what would be good is a simulator to show what the path would be if we suspect that the current bright light in front of venus is an object heading towards us and where it path originated....

Any astronomers with a program available like that??/

Got to nap...

Thanks guys.. Keep up the good work...

Rgds

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
All I see is Solar flares and Coronal discharge.
Like many other pictures of the sun ive seen over 20 years.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is something we just have to keep an eye on.

Just now on the news they were having a segment on the fireball that crashed into Texas and started a fire and they say it isn't from the collision that happened last week.

They said ufo but not in the context we would take it, shameful in one way but attention getter for sure.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
I noticed this while checking on the possibility that jupiter exploded as noted in another thread.....

Not true. It's still there.

Since you're interested in things from the sky, you might trot down to a bookstore (or a used book store) and get a guide to the night sky and learn to identify constellations and planets. Easy and fun and the next time someone who couldn't tell Orion from a street lamp says "Jupiter has exploded" you can walk outside, look at the planet, and come back in and start Denying Ignorance.

There was a movie about a meteor heading to earth with a black president.

Meteors are ALWAYS heading toward Earth. They're different sizes (most are meteorites and micrometeorites) and they hit the Earth many times a day. Most burn up in the atmosphere and don't produce any sort of flare.

The universe is a huge place. It doesn't wait breathlessly for something to happen on Earth and then start forming stars and meteors out of nothingness to throw at this planet.

There was a comment from biden that something big would happen on the 20/21 jan.

Yes. The inauguration of Barak Obama as 44th president of the United States.

Some of the more panicky ultra-right-wing conservatives would have felt vindicated if something horrible happened then, but all that seems to be going on is a new President pushing through bills started by his predecessor (stimulus package) and getting his cabinet together.

If you want to ask a real astronomer (a bunch of them) questions, hop over to the Bad Astronomy forum: www.bautforum.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

If you really believe there's some asteroid or object coming to get us in front of Venus right now, or if you don't believe it's Venus at all, you'll want to tune in to my live webcast of "the bright star" Venus tonight. I'm planning to start the broadcast at 7:00pm eastern and go until 8:00 or my free bandwidth on my server runs out, whichever happens first (it can go to 8:00 unless I have a crazy number of takers, like 50 or more). I'll post a link to the webcast here and in chat at 7. See you there!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The U.S. Strategic Command said there was no connection to the sightings over Texas and Tuesday's collision of satellites from the U.S. and Russia.

"There is no correlation between the debris from that collision and those reports of re-entry," said Maj. Regina Winchester, with STRATCOM.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.foxnews.com...

Ok so unfortunately I've been watching this thread and I am not an astronomer and I actually greatly lack any kind of astronomical knowledge so I cannot productively comment in any way. But all I can add while I watch these great ATS minds sort this out for me is that now the offical media release is saying it has absolutely nothing to do from the satellite. Interesting turn on events I say.....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Where are Blaine and Phage?????

Second line!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
2 Big meteor's caught on tape in less than a month!! the second is bad ass lol its huge check it out.

Monday, 16 February 2009
Mystery fireball captured on film
news.bbc.co.uk...

Mysterious debris said to look like a meteor or fireball in the sky has been captured on film over Austin, Texas.

A television station was filming a marathon at the time.

The footage, also shown in slow motion, coincides with numerous sightings of falling debris in the area.

The American Strategic Command has said there is no connection with the debris from a recent collision of satellites.

'Meteor' streaks across Sweden (CHECK THIS BAS ASS OUT)
Sunday, 18 January 2009
news.bbc.co.uk...

Footage shows what appears to be a meteor streaking across the night sky in southern Sweden on Saturday.

Emergency services were bombarded with calls from mystified observers who witnessed the huge ball of light travelling across the sky.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Fox News Reporting Fireball not Satellite

Check it out, according to US Strategic Command, the fireball is not related to the space collision. Interesting indeed!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
i saw this story(also from texas) sorry if it's a repost.

Texas repport fireball in the sky:

edition.cnn.com...

love reading through theese post, can't share much since we got so many great people on this.

sorry if it's a bit off topic but if there's a thread on this(the video) please enlighten me, cant seem to find one. Just found it fascinating.

cheers

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yeah it does make me wonder with the Texas stuff and, The rocket in Canada and the Sats. and all this activity around the sun just what the heck is going on.Lordy. All I can say is watch your heads when you go outside just in case. Because the government is not going to warn us believe me.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I want to add one photograph here. I also wonder about that round thing Down/Left in the image inside the green, anyone know what that is ?

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Mon Feb 16 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Redsteam

i suggest you read previous posts
that texas incident is the one im refering to lol

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Want another coincidence?

I just read Lucifer's Hammer.

So... I read the first couple pages, and the last one here... any one make a mention of just how long we have before "impact"?

AND, has it been explained how something traveling AWAY from the sun will still hit us as we circle around it?

Ehh, I'll read it later, must... get... sleep...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

that round thing you are refering to is the lens of the camera! it has been proven many times on pictures. Its not a ufo
but good observation never the less

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
"The source of the explosion appears to be a collapsing (or erupting) magnetic filament."

"Filaments are formed in magnetic loops that hold relatively cool, dense gas suspended above the surface of the Sun," explains David Hathaway, a solar physicist at the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. "When you look down on top of them they appear dark because the gas inside is cool compared to the hot photosphere below. But when we see a filament in profile against the dark sky it looks like a giant glowing loop -- these are called prominences and they can be spectacular."

www.spaceweather.com...

As i quoted earlier it seems we have the answer to the massive flare. The filament was there before the flare and not afterwards, its just a coincidence that Jupiter was passing close by. Jupiter has nothing to do with the recent avtivity on the sun.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join