It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention! Are there Meteors Heading this Way Right Now? Pictures/Very Clear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by el_bloom

I thought it had to do with the star and maitraya... I guess this could be the link... They blow up jupiter when its behind the sun and days later we see some objects possibly heading on the same alignment/trajectory as venus which would be why we seem to be seeing Venus getting brighter... they told us that the sign would happen.... lets hope that these things miss us...

Please I hope I'm wrong...

'

Its not venus and it's getting closer...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
somthing abnormal is happening and looking at the sun the far side is alarming if that data is correct

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Giant Jupiter returns to view in the morning sky low above the southeast horizon, and gets more conspicuous each morning. The planet spans 33" this week and grows to 47" by the time it reaches opposition in July. The telescopic view of Jupiter will improve markedly as it climbs higher in the coming months, but you can still practice observing this planet and training your eye to see detail.

www.nightskyinfo.com...

You can all see jupiter for yourselves with the naked eye if you like, have a look and tell us what you see.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

I saw the farside data and it was unbelievable the activity on the other side...

I'm sure something big.... alot of the views seem to be down...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
i know i wasnt sure if it was my crappy dongle internet connection. But lets put it this way if we was facing the side of all the activity (and theres alot) we would be in store prob for some bad ass solar storm! maybe the equipment is faulty lets hope so because that isnt "normal" by any standard.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If this is true I would expect a solar storm of big proportions...

Probably enough to knock NA out again like it did in 2003...

I hope I'm wrong

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The end of the world is nigh.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Good we haven't had a asteroid/imminent death thread in a while. Wouldn't anything on opposite side of sun be subject to intense gravitational pull of the sun..thus if near it would be pulled into the sun?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
i found this bit to

On occasion, solar events on the Sun can trigger energy waves across much of its surface. STEREO (Behind) observed three of these waves on Feb. 8, 2009. They all originated from one active region that had just come into view of the spacecraft (which would not be able to be observed from Earth). Two waves of lighter material can be seen spreading to the right across part of the Sun's face, early in the day, with another fainter wave following a small outburst near the end of the day. Energetic motion and interconnections can be seen in the active region the entire time. All of these events were accompanied by radio bursts detected by the STEREO WAVES instrument. This same active region blew out a small (B-class) flare on Feb. 11.

ttp://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/pickoftheweek/

and this too

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Where is all this current activity

[edit on 16-2-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
the "activity" on the far-side of the sun began EXACTLY on 4th of feb. !
Before this date it was long quiet, veeeery quiet ! it´s awesome !!!

For me the correlation between the flaring object and the sun reacting is pretty clear.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Here's a link to a view on the 20thjan... it shows something moving behind the sun but they block it out with a black box...

If you take alook at these two slideshows, they show what happens on the other side of the sun on the 24jan. Jupiter comes from behind the sun and is visible.

Link
Link

[edit on 16-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Well first off, Jupiter did not explode, the theory is that it ignited.

If it did, the shockwave would probably have destroyed some of the moons around Jupiter and could fling those debris our way.

Tho I dont necessarily buy into the ignition theory, I dont dismiss the possibility that it could by some means we do not understand yet.

Perhaps Hyper-D might have something to do with it igniting, but under normal circumstances of nuclear fusion...na..its too small for that.

So they say.

Cheers!!!!

You know whats funny is that just the other day here in Northern Texas people heard a loud bang in the sky all the way up to Nebraska. Havent looked into that yet though this morning.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Coincidentally, this year's Tu B'Shvat (A Hebrew day in the calendar referring to new beginnings, an awakening and a King and his Bride getting ready for marriage) fell on Feb. 8.

Natural phenomena and the Hebrew calendar are often linked.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Is there any way possible that the youtube video of the SOHO footage is lens flare? I remember there was a sequence of nasa picts stitched together which showed a moon of jupiter leaving the view of the telescope and it flared up simular to that. (there was a thread about it being a ship, blasting off, as that's kind of what it looked like)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ok then, i agree there is something odd there but then i look at the current images of the sun from soho which as i understand shows the farside aswell and there is nothing strange, so has it been drastically changed cover up style. Its clear i know very little about this but it is interesting. Im just not to sure whats going on

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Contacting NASA for real facts?

Good luck with that...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Here a view of what it the alignment was like on the 20thjan...

So it appears that it was jupiter we saw go behind... the view of it passing venus may be from glare...

The stereo image which looks right at the sun with a cover shows the object coming towards us and then disappearing on the 30th jan..

The view of the object went down and is not up now...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I couldn't agree with you more. I can't believe how bad it's been, but yeah...

First, the "big thing that Biden would have to deal with" on Jan 20th? That was his inauguration. As for The Onion, they wrote that article because one of the few times that the USA has been depicted of having a black president was in the movie Deep Impact. Not because they were trying to say something.

Finally, we have to remember that NASA isn't the only one with telescopes who can detect things such as, I dunno.. the largest planet in the solar system igniting into a fireball?

Plus, there's the fact that many people have pointed out... with those "meteors" being so close to the sun, they would indeed be effected.

While this whole case scenario is bull, along with the igniting planet "theory", I do give props to the OP and all of you... This is some pretty nice critical thinking. Well done to you all.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by ekhodust]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I really hope I'm wrong but some of these things don't look right. I know there are other telescopes but I haven't seen too many astronomers talking about the bright light either and that's been causing quite the stir and being ref'd as the sign of maitraya... you would think they'd say something and show something...

Maybe someone could get an idea of time wise if it is something heading this way from jupiter if it hit on the 20th.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Jupiter is 318 the mass of earth. The sun is 332,950 the mass of the earth.

The smallest known star is 93 times the mass of Jupiter.

The required minimum mass for a star is 75 times the mass of Jupiter theoretically, but one has never been recorded that small.

As such, Jupiter doesn't have near enough mass to become even the smallest star.

A comet hit the Jupiter and it didn't ignite. That has the energy of tons of nukes. And nukes don't ignite the atmospheres and cause chain reactions, which they feared way back when.

So the theory of Jupiter igniting and 2nd sun such can't be true. The sun makes up like 99% of the mass in the solar system or something.

The whole Biden thing is just political talk. When is there not something going on. You see them using terms like emergency bills which are clearly unpopular.

The whole black guy and movie thing is also a pretty big stretch. As if that kind of thing would actually matter.

I don't know whats going on in the images, looks cool. But I checked out the whole Jupiter igniting into a star thing a long time ago and the entire idea seems bunk to me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join