It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention! Are there Meteors Heading this Way Right Now? Pictures/Very Clear

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:
sty

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Beanhearbeefor

Yes, Italy is also mentioned on SpaceWeather.com :

Just hours before the Kentucky event, around 20:03 UT on Feb. 13th, multiple cameras in Italy recorded a fireball some 10 times brighter than a full Moon. Astronomer Diego Valeri sends this image from the town of Rieti

link with the video (DivX) here: link

The event is not strange, however what is strange is a number of simultanuous strange events. How many times we had a 2 satellites and 2 submarines colliding within days? Also , SpaceWeather.com mentions that it is bit strange to have a high number of reported fire-balls. In my opinion: we will have the response within a few more days.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I just found a good surce of info that states there was alot of fireballs over the past day:

Feb 15 2130 EST Oswego New York Zenith-W30
Feb 15 1950 EST Columbia Pennsylvania SW45-SE30
Feb 15 1745 EST Frederick Maryland ESE45-ESE20
Feb 15 1110 CST Austin Texas N90-NW45
Feb 15 1101 CST Wylie Texas SW75-S40
Feb 15 1100 CST SW Travis County Texas N50-NW20
Feb 15 1100 CST McKinney Texas NE30-N30
Feb 15 1100 CST Elgin Texas NE30-N20
Feb 15 1057 CST North Austin Texas NE25-N20
Feb 15 1055 CST Austin Texas NE45-N20
Feb 15 1028 CST North Dallas Texas SW30
Feb 15 0045 EST Concord New Hampshire 7-5
Feb 15 0039 EST Portland Maine NE45
Feb 15 0034 EST Revere Massachusetts NE45-NE30

This is just for the 15th the truth is that in total there has been over 180 total reported to them so far and that is just the reported ones. There are still those that havent been reported. And thats just for 2009, and here in the USA. So I hate to think of it world wide and all of the ones not reported.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Eventually. Hey, I get it. I'm here because I have a fascination with ideas larger than us. I still get overwhelmed by the impossibility of our existence, the implications of infinity and the complexities of the universe. I get off on the mysteries. There's just a point where trying to view the universe through the prism of our relatively short lives is absurd. It scares and disappoints us that we learn about all of these insanely exciting things, and yet we will likely not get to experience all but a few of them. So magical thinking kicks in. Rather than accept that we are part of something with statistical laws where probabilities rule, we think we are part of a bigger destiny where the climax of earth's drama will precisely intersect with the plot of our individual lives. Hate to inform you, but that's not how it works. We'll die without the satisfaction of having the narrative wrapped up in a neat bow. And the majesty will go on and on and remain just as awesome.

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

[edit on Mon Feb 16 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

and I read with bemusement

The "Let the Sunshine In" portion of the song was used as one of the official theme songs for the 2008 general election campaign of Barack Obama.

Shall we just call it coincidence ?

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

[edit on Mon Feb 16 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hey there ATSers. i just finished a webcam chat with NgcHunter, and he showed me Venus, its exactly where it was supposed to be. Uh. Yeah. Mind you i have no idea where else it could be. So for any of you saying that its not where it is, it is. Good Day.

Also, i really didn't know how bright Sirius really is. That is a bright star. and to think, i've been calling it the north star since i was little. Preposterous.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What you are seeing is the corona of the sun. The 'meteors' are most likely voids cause in the corona by the magnetic field of the sun. They are not moving toward us, just getting larger, and being pushed around a bit.

Just my guess since I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Guess it must be true...check out the news brodacast from the Dallas area..this happened on Sunday morning 02.15.09.....go to www.myfoxdfw.com... and look for the fireball in the sky story

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Just saying take a deep breath and have a more measured and scientific approach. "The sky is falling" is not way to live life.

And since you asked nicely, I'd suggest that the majority of the "data" posted is non-correlative. Trying to shove data into a theory is not scientific method. I find it funny when young, naive people like yourself criticize those who believe in Creationism while engaging in this kind of "science." (Not suggesting you personally did this.) Would you agree that there is a point where your honest attempt to delve into truth becomes trite? Perhaps the parallels between a black President in real life and one in a movie about asteroids hitting crossed that line? Or am I imposing too much on the lunacy-fest by suggesting that?

Where exactly is your line? Do you have one? Or is that just a foreign concept reserved for "the Man" or other "disinformation agents" out to kill your paranoid buzz?

[edit on 16-2-2009 by pantangele]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

If you watch the view time I'm talking about and then other view times with activity you will see what you call voids break up and disperse. These objects remain the same shape and appear to gain in size. If you watch and check out the approx 1600 pictures you see that the things remain pretty much intact.

Love your last....('
')

Rgds

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't know enough about the subject to judge or even make a staedy decision, but are these objects coming from the furthest range of detritus from the collided satellites?

I.e are these bits of hot metal, burning up in the sky?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pantangele

Er.. er... not sure.

Just the meteors... what about the meteors... is there any cause for concern? Is this normal activity?

I think the OP's leaning towards thinking something was going to hit Earth has been proved correct.

I'm open minded enough to read and accept evidence that suggests the opposite and recent meteor activity is normal. (thats why I come on this site... strangely I find doing this fun)

PS: At no point have I shouted "the end is nigh"

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Upon further watching the 30fps video, While still completely unable to see any "objects" in the upper half of the frames, I DID see 2 relatively small enigmatic objects in the lower half of the frames, moving left to right, not toward the "viewer", (which, as near as I can tell, is somewhere between 30 and 60 degrees or so out from the earth, but in our orbit, following earth).

Hard to tell what they were, maybe asteroids. They get lost in the noise going frame to frame, but show up pretty well when it's all strung together at high speed. They don't come from the sun, but somewhere off to the left of the field of view of the camera. At 30 fps. the noise cancels out, and the continuity of the object trails is evident.

Their brightness varies, sometimes with sudden "flares", like an intermittent strobe. That could be an artifact of the processing of the original images for brightness and contrast. Or not.

nenothtu out

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pantangele

Yes! I agree that you should not live your life as if the sky was falling...

I don't like it either. BUT... Big BUT...

IF Chicken Little had as many coincidences going as this story line then I'd have to say that nobody would have been pissed at Chicken Little. Hence Chicken Little would be greeted as one of the community, instead of an outcast. Simply because he loves his fellow chickens.

That's where everyone doesn't seem to understand, I'm not saying that I've idented something 100%. Nothing seems to be 100% on this board anyways. Even when its been proven hundreds of times by documents from the governments own mouth. What I am saying is that most of the things happening in the world within this last two months can be linked closely to this meteor theory.

If true, it could link these
the Satellites that dropped,
the submarines that collided,
the dolphins/whales, birds,
the meteors/fireballs lately,
Obama going to dallas,
the star sign, maitraya coming,
Clarke's book 2001 space odessey and sequels,
Speculation of the demise of the Galileo SpaceProbe,
speculation of the Shoemaker-Levy Meteor having been sent to jupiter via shuttle flights,
Project lucifer: the making of a Sun, and
Even the recent surge of UFO sightings. Someone earlier posted that aliens have informed earth already that they will not let something happen to us. Maybe this is why the sudden increase of UFO sightings. Also this may be why all the meteors I've heard of have been not hitting anything. All the footage of meteors seem to have a UFO somewhere in the picture.

Who knows? The PTB. That's who knows and they are not telling you and I because we are squat to them.

I may be wrong but I may be right

and I really hope I'm wrong...

But what is wrong with waking up people, to ask them to verify if the sky really is falling. If they come back in pain and with sky on their heads then I hope they will pass the info on a friend who may also have had been hit. This may help them to duck and get some cover so they don't get sky on them anymore....

Rgds

[edit on 16-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
See now our economey is so bad planets are exploding! Whats going to happen next our pets heads start falling off!

Great thred Op! SF

I also would like to say some of the replies to the op's thread have been great as well.

This is some good ATS stuff. It is way above me though!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I asked you a specific question: Where is your line? Was the connection between Morgan Freeman and Obama, presented in earnestness, seem reasonable?

I am vaguely aware of what HAARP is but from the threads I've read here you'd think it's responsible for everything from Global Warming to body odor. I simply presented a rational theory of my own, which is in this era of mass communication and infinite information it simply hurts some to accept that reality is not a movie in which they star and where all amazing things must occur while they are alive. The ego people have and the delusion that they are the center of existence is pervasive. Your generation (I assume you're in your 20s) is screwed unless you learn to connect with reality.

The same kind of deluded thought leads crazed kids to show up to American Idol auditions without talent. They can't fathom why the world doesn't anoint them with fame and fortune... After all, culture and fantasy teaches us that none of us is normal and a big destiny will unfold for us. It's easy to get caught up in delusion and in many ways its the norm. God knows that insanity can get enough positive reinforcement on the Internet. I'm just suggesting that some here have a talk with themselves and learn the process of rational thought and how scientific method works. That way it will be easier to discern what is meaningful and what you want, hope or force to be meaningful.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lightinthedark33

Thank you!

And this is why I came to ATS, the head butting that goes on coming up with answers to problems that someone already knows...

I love it... but I wish it was less scary...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

Ugh. This is what I mean. You're listing a bunch of things and then trying to find the through line. That is not science. Yes, there could be correlations. I'm not disputing that. But I could list twelve variables such as the Pope taking a dump, the polar ice caps melting, Sam Shepherd writing a play about a monk, the Steelers winning the Super Bowl and a car crash in North Dakota and connect them to some theory and that's not science either.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank you!

I spotted those too but wasn't going to mention it because that would make me look like I'm seeing things. I saw alot of activity on most of the telescopes they had available to look from. Some of the movement just didn't make sense and did not travel in a straight line as one would expect space debris.

Unless we have intelligent space debris... Nano tech in space...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
Speculation of the demise of the Galileo SpaceProbe,

I'd say that provides convincing evidence that nothing unusual is going on, actually.

speculation of the Shoemaker-Levy Meteor having been sent to jupiter via shuttle flights,

That's quite a new claim for me. I have a hard time believing anyone actually honestly believes that theory.

The 6 cargo vessels didn't all have the same size: 4 of the vessels contained 3 module-bombs each; the 2 others, being much larger held 6.

They never say where they get any of this so-called info. Please don't trust the information there, I know for a fact that amateurs tracked the payloads of every one of these military shuttle flights and none of them left earth orbit. Furthermore, comets look nothing like bombs.

But what is wrong with waking up people, to ask them to verify if the sky really is falling.

If you're going to ask for verification you should be prepared to accept refutation.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by ngchunter]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join