It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our real existence is in Hyperspace and we are part of the Type IV super advanced extraterrestrial c

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

I don't think you know that with any certainty, and to make such a statement and exclude the possibility of anything else is just foolish. Your post came across as very pompous, at least to me, and your response to Faiol further reinforces this.

With absolute certainty? No. Nothing is absolute.

However, if I take what I can observe and make a conclusion from that, I come to the conclusion that what we're experiencing right now is reality. I can't come to any other conclusion unless one of two things happens:

1. I observe something else that changes things, and can't be explained as a hallucination or some other form of altered perception, or;

2. I make wild assumptions that are based on nothing more than fantastical wishes and have no basis in factual observation.

Sorry, but once again, I have to stick with my idea that the world around us is reality. Anyone who spends their life waiting to go somewhere after they're dead is destined to go nowhere while they're alive.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

i've had many vivid dreams like that including my past life in the English Civil War i remember them so well and wrote the details and locations in my dream journal. sur eenough i found the exact same angle and location from my dream on Google Earth...however some of my dreams are very disturbing so vivid of future events i hope they do not happen.
but yes that is interesting.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The pot is really burning on high today... Yikes!

Just goes to show you that you can sell any baloney to people, as long as it is presented in a way they will accept. Oh boy...

(The OP should be ashamed and embarrassed, along with the people encouraging. "Starred and flagged...starred and flagged..." are you people for real?)

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

agreed..so there is nothing to fear from death then?

Well, this depends. See, if you look in the OT, you will see it talks about knowledge and wisdom being the greatest riches. It is how god rewards people.

So what knowledge and wisdom you gain on earth also carries with you into heaven. These are the true riches which are well beyond anything of material, which you can't take with you. No man can take these riches away from you.

But aside from that, I certainly don't fear death. The parts leading up to it I kind of cringe about, I figure the best I can ask for is to die in my sleep.

Maybe the true riches determine the next stop? Who knows there. Here's what Jesus had to say about this topic.

Matthew 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
www.Indiadaily has plenty of imagination but no credibility whatsoever. If we are living in some kind of simulation or holographic universe, then I would like to ask the creator if there's any good plots in the pipeline, because quite frankly the current one sucks.
Big "G" needs to hire a decent script writer,
or maybe you should just call it a day & pull the plug.

Good one, perhaps we're all inside one giant remake by a terrible director

In all seriousness there might be some credence to the idea of an illusory reality, I've always had the feeling that things aren't quite what they seem, or as they put it in the Matrix a "splinter in your mind". I always felt that perhaps we were beings that once had absolute power over all reality, the ability to make anything possible, but that in THIS reality that power is confined to our imaginations, and that when we reach a certain enlightened point and we die we pass into that infinite realm from whence we came, our power restored...

I used to get this strange feeling, like I was about to slip from reality and into another dimension and afterword I began to question everything, all the truths we think we think we know, and all authority whether it be governmental or just the societal norms and rules we live by. Because if, as Bill Hicks said, its all just a ride, then why worry, why go to war, why care what others think... it changes everything...

Many are opposed to the idea it could all be a game because they're ingrained, and dependent on the system...

Maybe in the future we become a very cold unfeeling race by necessity of survival and so we create this simulated reality to FEEL again. And then we are visited by our future selves (The Grays?)...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but the source is India Daily, which is equivalent to the American magazine National Enquirer.

They often take what scientists say and manipulate it to make a story overly sensational. No need to argue and debate over a false article.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Definitely worth S&F'ing. I have quite frequently found myself questioning theories such as this and thinking about this type of subject in great depth. I ultimately put myself into a daze when I think too hard on this subject and those like it. I feel something like this is possible. I am not saying this is the way it is but that on a much bigger and hidden level something similar to this could very well be happening.

Yeah I know it sounds like the matrix all over again but it is just so damned interesting to think about. I find myself thinking about this type of subject for hours and hours. When I forget it something always seems to pull my mind back to it like this thread.......Virtual existences always fascinated me.

Very interesting!
And now I am provided hours of thinking!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
With absolute certainty? No. Nothing is absolute.

However, if I take what I can observe and make a conclusion from that, I come to the conclusion that what we're experiencing right now is reality. I can't come to any other conclusion unless one of two things happens:

1. I observe something else that changes things, and can't be explained as a hallucination or some other form of altered perception, or;

2. I make wild assumptions that are based on nothing more than fantastical wishes and have no basis in factual observation.

Sorry, but once again, I have to stick with my idea that the world around us is reality. Anyone who spends their life waiting to go somewhere after they're dead is destined to go nowhere while they're alive.

You observe? How is it possible that you observe such a thing? What molecule or chemical compound is it in this universe that gives something the ability to observe? Where can one find this element of "observitanium"?

Your eyes take in light, that is converted into an electrical signal which travels to the back of your brain. To what is that image presented to? Chemicals? molecules? What does it mean to feel? To what are these feelings of pain and enjoyment presented to?

en.wikipedia.org...

The Cartesian theater is a derisive term coined by philosopher Daniel Dennett to pointedly refer to the defining aspect of Cartesian materialism, which he considers to be the often unacknowledged remnants of Cartesian dualism in modern materialistic theories of the mind.

Descartes originally claimed that consciousness involves an immaterial soul, which observes a representation of the world in the pineal gland of the brain. Under this notion, the soul plays the role of a homunculus, a creature with self-directed will power.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic
Definitely worth S&F'ing. I have quite frequently found myself questioning theories such as this and thinking about this type of subject in great depth. I ultimately put myself into a daze when I think too hard on this subject and those like it. I feel something like this is possible. I am not saying this is the way it is but that on a much bigger and hidden level something similar to this could very well be happening.

Yeah I know it sounds like the matrix all over again but it is just so damned interesting to think about. I find myself thinking about this type of subject for hours and hours. When I forget it something always seems to pull my mind back to it like this thread.......Virtual existences always fascinated me.

Very interesting!
And now I am provided hours of thinking!

Are you aware that this is actually what the bible and Jesus talks about? It actually is, although it is never presented to people in such a manner that shows it. All in the bible, no joke.

Neo in the movie the matrix actually plays a Christ role.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

However, if I take what I can observe and make a conclusion from that, I come to the conclusion that what we're experiencing right now is reality.

Sorry, but once again, I have to stick with my idea that the world around us is reality.

Well sure this is reality, I don't see how that makes it unfeasible that there can also be many other realities, perhaps coexisting right along with ours. In a sense, that's exactly what people are; your reality is different from my reality, although we exist in the same reality.

Also, the definition of what constitutes reality is constantly changing, that's why theories like in the OP are ever emerging. Quantum physics and string theory have also redefined that which we consider real. Just ask Pinocchio.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
very good post!! in my opinion and as i said, its MY opinion, our entire lives could just be a huge and sophisticated version of a "video arcade" where a alien, could actualy see what it would be like to live as a human.
i have read on a few websites that the grey aliens dont have feelings or emotions, that they actualy thrive on violence and the emotions of what a human can feel.

thats the serious part of my reply........now the lighter side

maybe our lives are just part of a huge arcade of the future, where you can put a dollar coin in a machine, (well, whatever a dollar coin would be worth in the future) sit down, put a head set on and in, lets say a few hours, live somebodys entire life from birth to death, feel what they went through, love who they loved, pay the price for the misteaks they made...............sortof like a futuristic version of "going to the movies" and i can picture guys in lab coats montoring your life, throwing things in your way, giveing you hard choices to make, letting you fall in love

it could happen!!!, what i want to know is,,,, why would somebody WANT to live my life!!!!LOL, i mean...adolph hitler....george washington...even george bush........or the pope!!! but why my life!!! i am just a nobody......or maybe i wont be a "nobody" in a short time!!

very good post, realy makes you think and for those of you asking the question right now about me...........no, i dont smoke pot!!! (imagine what id be like if i did!!LOL)

be safe people

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
are you people for real?

That is precisely what we are discussing.

And for your information there has been exactly one person in this thread to say "Starred and Flagged". One. The OP should be ashamed? For bringing forward an interesting article for us to read? I think it is you sir that have embarrassed yourself by bringing nothing of value to the discussion, and I have informed the mods accordingly.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is as good an explanation of souls, NDE's, and the question of why we are here as I have ever seen. Interesting indeed.

Perhaps send ourselves here intentionally without prior knowledge of anything beforehand. Thus it's like a very advanced ride at an amusement park. Bill Hicks anyone?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but that just sounds like a bunch of wishful thinking from lesser three dimensional beings who wish they were something more than that.

We aren't any part of a Type IV civilization. We're not even a Type I civilization. You can approach life one of two ways: You can accept that we have a long way to go, and help work towards that... or you can hide from the truth and immerse yourself in delusions of grandeur, accomplishing absolutely nothing in the meantime.

Your choice.

One should wonder though as the reason we strive for the long journey is to find the meaning to our existance and the meaning of all other existences.

That is why we have science, but just think.... Something had to create everything, or could the infinite multi-verse be so large that its always been in existence infinitly?

All we see is for ever action there is a reaction, so does this mean that there had to be an action for the reaction (Our existence).

This says there is a "God" but if there is who created "God", for it surely had to be something.

I think humans, even einstein, may have been off for everytime we learn something there is less we know.

-Psycho

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
jesus christ!

thats freaking me out reading that!

i have allways from as far back as i can remember and im 27, thought this was allways how things worked i dont know why i just did just though linking things up that never made sense to me,

i allways belived were only here to learn, and when we truly understand life & how to act & be civil we die... look how far computer games have come over the years from tetris to COD, imagine if humans lived for another 1000 years wot would we have by then, ??? well you know how teachers allways try to make things in school more fun to get them to pay attention & learn, dont you think one day it could be possible to use simulation games like real life everything rolled into one, for one perpose TO LEARN and learn fast,

wot if you could plug in like the matrix go to sleep for 24hours and wake up having expirianced a life time of knolage in just that time, wot if we really are just asleep and learning for when we awake young again into a perfect world because we have learnt allready from are mistakes in simulated life that we created for that reason, WOULDNT IT BE PERFECT LIKE HEAVEN the real world is, after all heaven is suppst to be called that for that reason!

nothing makes more sense to me, its allmost like religions are diffrent software to run you lifes by like bibels telling you the fundemental rules to run your life by just like windows xp and wot not ,

who knows but my moneys on that because i can acept we just live & die.. were much more than that! i also belive that ghosts are nothing but the real world interfearing with ares the the parallel univese/other side etc

sorry about the terrible spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

except that life and death is not real and is just an illusion.

Could it not be the case that life is the illusion and death is just the end of that illusion, a transition/awakening back to the reality, a remembering of what we really are ?

Could it be that fear is a device that would prevent us from remembering, fear being yet another illusion?

Are we in the xbox so to speak, continuity moving through the levels having forgotten that we wrote the game?

Your ball

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
While very interesting, there is also an even greater possibility that our soul is part of a multidimensional HS soul body that lives outside this matrix and we are but a part of our whole. Too many ndes and experiences from too many people speak of this as more than illusion, or the shadow of something else.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Titen-Sxull
Good one, perhaps we're all inside one giant remake by a terrible director.

yeah,
out of all the billions of possibilities, why create a reality with so much pain and suffering. I sincerely hope all this pain & suffereing counts for something, or the joke is truly on us,
or maybe it's just rotten bad luck.

I think most people have enough common sense to see that the original article isn't a credible source, but when it comes to reality, what is credible? No one knows the answer, so until we do any theory is plausible.

Well as I've mentioned in many other similar threads, I think it's highly plausible that we are living in a simulation, but even then, what type of simulation is it and what's it's purpose. Does it even have a purpose. Like viperdave said, it might just be entertainment. There's literally billions of possibilities. Whatever created us might also be part of a simulation and so and so on. Just how many simulations are there?
Inner space, outer space, other dimensions etc. My head hurts just thinking about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The only thing that really exists is consciousness.

Our 3d physical reality, is consciousness in it's most dense form.

Everything comes from the same, one consciousness, IMO.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

That was really dumb to read. Something like Ron Paul says in less time and effort. Physical life is an illusion? However here on earth, hyperspace is just a figment of our imagination in the illusionary world that we live in. Face it. Your a living breathing organism. When you grow older your age will depend on your very existence. You will then die and rot into the filth that the rest of the world thrives on. It's just the sad truth. Imagination is a very powerful force and many do not understand how to grasp its power. Your perception will come into play here. You and everyone view each other at a much slower pace than you perceive. If you look beyond this barrier you will see everything moves and distorts to the rhythm of life. You emit this pulsation but it is not recognizable to anyone. And of course it always ends in due time after you fascinate your whole life of that distant place beyond where your life will never take you in the flesh.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join