It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirror-like uniforms for camouflage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
one time, on the discovery channel, they showed a new prototype camo that the army will be using soon. it's a whole outfit made of some reflective material. in a dense area, they looked practically invisible! i couldn't even see them until they moved! does anybody have any more information about this?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'd imagine it would be like that ship from Star Wars epidsode 2. I actually think I have heard something about this.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I also seen this,I remember saying that it only works if.
1)You dont move.
2)You not to close.
3)The surrounds are VERY dense or look the same.

So they are quite flawed,Maby good for a sniper.

Also Hello everyone, Ive just join,first post.Been reading though everything for a day decided to join today.

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Vowles]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This sounds ineresting. So the mirror will be covering their uniform? There unifom has to be bullet proof too. They should of thought about this a long time ago, but whatever. Many people have died at war already.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"They should of thought about this a long time ago, but whatever. Many people have died at war already."

?? as if they could've made this during WWII. *cure to cancer is found* "oh they should've invented it sooner"

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I sent old man simon gray video of how these units work several years ago. I also did a thread on it a long time ago. There are several prototypes with coad names but how the units work can be under stood by understanding how a video camera works. To make somthing appear invisible you need to take 2 video cameras for a expirement. Once you have them you take camera A. and take camera a's reciver and wire it into camera b's transiver. Then you take camera b's reciver and wire it into camera a's transiver. By doing this you can make the forground appear to be the background and the background appear to the the foreground.

The ones devolped by the army work off of small mirror transiver units that function both as a transiver and a revicer the units orgianly were about 1 billion to develop prototypes. It has been found that you can also use plasma screen to create the same effect with less cameras but the suit will not be as invisible.

Hope that helps.

Falcon

top topics

join