It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-15 Active

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
i dont mean to sound out of place but is it just me or does this f15 bear a strikeing resemblence to the eurofighter

No offense, it is just you, that F-15 looks nothing like the EF-2000 Eurofighter.

There are many differences between the two, the only similarity I think would have to be the canards, and that is about it.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
well thats what made me think was the wee thingy's at the front of the plane but oh well

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I love ac4. I just can't wait until Ace Combat 5 comes out this fall. Just have a look for yourself.

www.namco.com...

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Jeffrey]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
oh oh i want it please buy me it plz plz plz

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
I love ac4. I just can't wait until Ace Combat 5 comes out this fall. Just have a look for yourself.

www.namco.com...

Link doesnt work...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Originally posted by Jeffrey

www.namco.com...

Link doesnt work...

Shattered OUT...

Works for me... hot damn. Time to save up for Ace Combat 5 and Grand Theft Auto: San Andres

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Shugo]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
darn i havve a gamecube

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
darn i havve a gamecube

HAHA!

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
np, ill just play Robotech or more metroid

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
np, ill just play Robotech or more metroid

I have robotech.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
man, you guys need to get an Xbox and get HALO 2.

Back to the topic though.....
Any idea how much it would cost to upgrade all of the F-15's in the US to this state? It sounds like an expensive upgrade.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
toooo much mad man far too much
just buy a new plane
like the f23 for exsample

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

toooo much mad man far too much
just buy a new plane
like the f23 for exsample

Paying for the F-15 ACTIVE would cost less than the experimental YF-23...

The F-15 ACTIVE in my own opinion, because being outfitted with thrust vectoring, can out manuever the Black Widow.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
yeah but who needs manoverability when u have speed ,stealth ,range and most importantly looks the f15 looks nice and is a nice plane but frankly u should invest in the black widow

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

yeah but who needs manoverability when u have speed ,stealth ,range and most importantly looks the f15 looks nice and is a nice plane but frankly u should invest in the black widow

The F-15 has proven valuable to the United States Air Force for almost 10 years, 101-0 A2A kills, it is undefeated.

Plus with thrust vectoring, the F-15 ACTIVE outruns, outmanuevers, and out powers the Black widow, plus the black widow was turned down because Northrop would have gone over budget, and would have reaquired more time to make the Black widow, just like the B-2.

Shattered OUt...

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The F-15 has proven valuable to the United States Air Force for almost 10 years, 101-0 A2A kills, it is undefeated.

yeah because it has not faught any foe that can go past mach 1

Plus with thrust vectoring, the F-15 ACTIVE outruns, outmanuevers, and out powers the Black widow, plus the black widow was turned down because Northrop would have gone over budget, and would have reaquired more time to make the Black widow, just like the B-2.

the f15 active may outmanovuer it and out power the f23 but u cant hit what u cant find already been proven and the eurofighter could probably out manover the f15 i know it was turned down but it was a stupid idea to turn it down considering the f23 is better than the f22 even cause of money
y would they make it another b2 when u can have a real kick (V) fighter /bomber and have the b2 ?

[edit on 9-9-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread, thought I might get some fresh looks on it...

Shattered OUT...

E_T

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

...plus the black widow was turned down because Northrop would have gone over budget, and would have reaquired more time to make the Black widow...
Just like F-22 is now doing.

Dryden Flight Research Center is tests these aircrafts.
www.dfrc.nasa.gov...
www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Why are you getting excited over this? The F-15 ACTIVE was created, as you know many years ago, purely as a technology demonstrator in order to aid the development of new advanced programmes like the ATF. It was no more a serious attempt to build a service fighter than the F-16CCV, ACT Jaguar or EAP. It has been doing a sterling job since its creation but is no more exciting than my left foot.

There is not, nor ever was any chance of it going into production. The reason for this being that it is naturally INFERIOR to the aircraft its research is designed to lead into, in terms of current fighter technology its the same as when a car manufacturer tests the engine and chassis of a new model fitted to the old one it is going to replace, you wouldn't go "Ooh, forget the new one, just sell that!" would you? Its only half way there.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by waynos]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Here is a typical shot of the balance beam axisymmetric vectoring nozzle that Pratt developed and flew in the ACTIVE.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join