It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico is Angry! You gotta read this!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The truth about food stamps. So please make sure to go and visit the link instead of posting all this trash.

Truth link

news link

[edit on 17-2-2009 by pmbhuntress]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

While most Americans welcome immigration by the law they do not agree with the invasion that is going on right now under our noses while politicians turn a blind eye.

Yup - the politicians are making a fortune off this. Profiteers like walmart and mcdonalds pay our congressgangsters millions to let the illegals run wild.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here is something interesting if you all want some good reading.

The immigration bill before Congress would cost the federal government roughly $18 billion over the next decade, largely because of the huge costs of additional border control and law enforcement measures, according to an analysis released yesterday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

The analysis found that over the next decade, newly legalized immigrants and guest workers would generate $48 billion in additional tax and Social Security revenues, while using about $23 billion worth of tax credits and social services. Thus, the newly legal immigrant population would contribute a net of about $26 billion over the decade, the report said.

Over the long haul, the bill would be a virtual fiscal wash, costing after 20 years a few billion dollars a year more in enforcement and government assistance than the Treasury would get back in tax revenues from the foreign-born workers, the study said.

source

Also this is from USA today about illegals paying taxes and the SS it pays:

usa today story

[edit on 17-2-2009 by pmbhuntress]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

America was not built from cheap immigrant labor from mexico. America is nearly destroyed from these illegals, but it was never built from them. Nice try.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Though I love to visit parts of Mexico, I find it exceedingly funny how they constantly complain about their citizens rights in the U.S., but keep draconian laws in place for those foreigners in their own country.

In brief, the Mexican Constitution states that: • Immigrants and foreign visitors are banned from public political discourse. • Immigrants and foreigners are denied certain basic property rights. • Immigrants are denied equal employment rights. • Immigrants and naturalized citizens will never be treated as real Mexican citizens. • Immigrants and naturalized citizens are not to be trusted in public service. • Immigrants and naturalized citizens may never become members of the clergy. • Private citizens may make citizens arrests of lawbreakers (i.e., illegal immigrants) and hand them to the authorities. • Immigrants may be expelled from Mexico for any reason and without due process.

Source

A protest by a foreigner, or even the raising of a non Mexicam flag is a felony and subjects the offender to imprisonment, and any citizen can scream "illegal" and any officers of any of the various police forces, or even a common citizen can have you seized and arrested.
You may not do any work in Mexico as a foreigner without a long string of bribes to innumerable officials to obtain the proper paperwork, and it can be revoked at any time by anyone it the chain, or someone you may have forgotten to slip a mordida to. ( Spanish for "the bite" or "the squeeze" roughly, a bribe or fine or whatever.)
Interestingly, the "mordida" system works very well, and is entrenched in all facets of the culture and only becomes a problem when dealing with a dishonest person, as no receipts are provided for your "payment", a dishonest official can easily denounce you as having committed some minor or major offense and have you arrested, deported, or demand more to prevent you from being so.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress
You have to be a US citizen to get food stamps and welfare. Why are so many folks so stupid and continue to lie. Or are they just pur ignorant. Ask your local DHS office they will tell you. YOU HAVE TO HAVE a social Security card. NO card No NOTHING.

What are you not getting about this? It seems you are turning the blind eye. Oh and as a disclaimer, don't bother playing the race card on me. I'm white, and happily married to a Chinese born immigrant.

Anchor babies ARE issued a Social Security card. Through the children, they are given the services that American citizens are given. Maria and Jose go and buy an American a SS card to get the welfare. Why do you think ID theft is such a problem now? And before you say it's not, how about you explain that my ID was stolen and services that were defaulted on were put under social security number and a variation of my name as Hispanic?

Then there's other "services" which you fail to recognize that come out of your pocket.

Do you think it's just mythical numbers when California alone estimated the cost of illegal immigration upwards of $20 BILLION dollars in lost revenue and services? You know, HALF of the current state deficit?

Emergency rooms CANNOT turn down illegal immigrants here. They HAVE to see them. Thats why the majority of ER's around this state have gone under the past 10 years. Guess who picks up the tab when they come in cause their bambino has a serious illness or little Margarita is ready to pop out her first baby at 14? They give a phony name, phony SS card number, and disappear into the night after it's all over.

When a crime is committed by an illegal immigrant, do we send them back to Mexico? No, they get to stay here in our wonderful prison system that offers full health care, food, and board. On top of that, they are given a full trial which costs time and money. Who picks up the tab?

When illegal children are sent to the public school system they cannot be rejected, because prop 187 was overturned. That means that resources for American children have to be spent to teach non American kids basic English. Who picks up the tab again? That's right, the taxpayers and ultimately a lower education for my own child.

Do you think that Illegal children have anything to do with the 40% PLUS drop out rate of Los Angeles High Schools. You know, that same LA with sanctuary laws (SO 40)?

When illegal children go to college and begin to default on loans given, who picks up the tab? You think I'm kidding? Look at the recent LA times story in which an illegal with poor grades was given a spot at UCLA over an American citizen that had upwards of a 4.0+ GPA. That should NEVER have had happened to begin with!

You obviously do not live in an area where good neighborhoods were hijacked by illegal immigration and clown houses. Parts of town I would have traveled to 10 years ago are strictly off limits now because they have degraded so badly. That is a documented FACT, especially around illegal immigration havens like LA.

How about wage depreciation for American citizens, because they can find an illegal to do the work for less, and under the table? 15 years ago gardening used to be a profitable business here in California, not anymore.

How about the very school district I graduated from being one of the top in California in the 90's, falling so far in recent years that most of the schools here can't even get state funding because of poor performance? Gee, illegals have anything to do with that?

I'm SICK of it. I'm sick of them flamboyantly BREAKING OUR LAWS by even BEING here. It's utterly DISRESPECTFUL to our legal system. I'm tired of them stealing our nations wealth! Enough!

If you're not here legally, you NEED to be FORCED to leave. Go back to your country of origin. I don't' care if you're white black brown blue or purple. Fix your own damn country if it's so bad there.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Not Authorized

Anchor babies ARE issued a Social Security card.

Regardless of their cost, they are still US citizens.

Do you think it's just mythical numbers when California alone estimated the cost of illegal immigration upwards of $20 BILLION dollars in lost revenue and services? You know, HALF of the current state deficit?

Estimated but not sure. Numbers can be played with. Are you even sure of what California deficit is? I am sure they play the number game just like the FED. They both have a poor method of record keeping. How much of that deficit is due to poor management?

Emergency rooms CANNOT turn down illegal immigrants here. They HAVE to see them. Thats why the majority of ER's around this state have gone under the past 10 years.

I wonder how many of the 47 million uninsured are from California and what role they played in those ER's going under. Then let's add those that have insurance but can't afford to pay the rest of the bill. I do recall health bills being one of the major reasons Americans file bankruptcy.

When a crime is committed by an illegal immigrant, do we send them back to Mexico? No, they get to stay here in our wonderful prison system that offers full health care, food, and board. On top of that, they are given a full trial which costs time and money.

I guess you prefer they get away scott free.

When illegal children are sent to the public school system they cannot be rejected, because prop 187 was overturned. That means that resources for American children have to be spent to teach non American kids basic English. Who picks up the tab again? That's right, the taxpayers and ultimately a lower education for my own child.

Entire education system is broke. I see people graduating who don't even know their basic math. Is it really necessary to buy books every two years? Lots of misspending going on that many fail to realize is the reason our teachers can't get better pay and our students can't get a better education.

When illegal children go to college and begin to default on loans given, who picks up the tab?

What loan? No SSN= no credit= no loan

You obviously do not live in an area where good neighborhoods were hijacked by illegal immigration and clown houses. Parts of town I would have traveled to 10 years ago are strictly off limits now because they have degraded so badly. That is a documented FACT, especially around illegal immigration havens like LA.

Dang. I recall people use to say this about black folks.

How about wage depreciation for American citizens, because they can find an illegal to do the work for less, and under the table? 15 years ago gardening used to be a profitable business here in California, not anymore.

I recall a lot of businesses use to be profitable here. Not anymore, now they have went overseas and we are left with a bunch of low paying service jobs for the most part. Yet we continue to support the jobs that left us. Call your cell phone operator and see what country you get. If your lucky you might understand them.

How about the very school district I graduated from being one of the top in California in the 90's, falling so far in recent years that most of the schools here can't even get state funding because of poor performance? Gee, illegals have anything to do with that?

easier to blame than to realize that the minorities are not responsible for the actions of the majority. The minorities are not the ones making the rules or telling the majority to play dumb. If a school is under performing then they should highly look at the administration and teachers they have in place. Leadership starts at the top.

I'm SICK of it. I'm sick of them flamboyantly BREAKING OUR LAWS by even BEING here. It's utterly DISRESPECTFUL to our legal system. I'm tired of them stealing our nations wealth! Enough!

Stealing your wealth. That is called taxes and our government is trying to take every penny of it. Just look at the trillions they have given away and the trillions more they will continue to give away. That is where your anger should be directed at.

You complain about the estimated 20Billion while trillions are unaccounted for. Your attention has been diverted big time while this government laughs wildly.

Once again if you truly believe that 12-20 million illegal immigrants are the root of all our problems, I am truly sorry to tell you otherwise. there is just no way 12-20 million can do more damage than 300million. Frankly, I know 535 people plus one that has done more damage to our country than any 12-20 million illegals could ever dream of and they reside in Washington DC.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have seen my community go down as well. But not to the fact of the Mexicans. In fact the few that live here are kind and seem to be very nice. There children were born here in the USA there wives are citizens here and that makes things different. But still they are decent and treat people with respect. Yet when my home was broken into 2 years ago the first one that called the police and helped us was a maexican family. Not the African americans right next door. Nope they covered up there heads and went back to sleep. They didnt care if we were all shot or not.

Last year when we had a fire 2 neighbors came and helped my husband put the fire out or at least to try and do it both were Mexicans. Yet the 90% black neighborhood around here didnt even look to see what was happening. Now you ask me which ones I should have respect for?

The police are constantly going into our neighbors homes all the time, getting drugs and making arrests. Yet its always in the black homes never in the Mexicans homes. I have seen the value of my home go from $390,000 to $120,000 in 3 years since all of the African Americans have moved in. Yet when it was white and Mexicans it was still worth over $300,000. This should tell you something.

I have had many Mexicans treat me with respect. I will treat them with respect as well. But if one ever doesnt treat me right he will find out real fast. My Indian gets going in me and beliebve me I tell folks what I think when they dont treat me with respect. But so far of the families I have met through work and around here all have treated me with respect.

If you actually look at one of the news stories above it talks about the truth aboutr illegals paying taxes and how that pays SS, and alot more. In fact at the end it says because of the retiring baby boomers we need more of them.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If I could get away with the things illegal immigrants from Mexico do here while I was in Mexico, sure---I'm all for it. If I could get preferential treatment over the citizens who were born there, I would surely do so.
But those who have bleeding hearts for the poor immigrants here illegally, I would suggest you take a trip to Mexico, raise your U.S. flag and demand your rights. Try to walk out of a hospital without paying in Mexico, and whine about not being able to afford the bill. Give false information to any official for any kind of service, and try to talk your way out when caught.
Most liberal thinkers should really visit a foreign country for an extended time before wringing their hands about U.S. policies.
Being in some of these places will adjust your thinking---by quite a bit.

I work with a majority of Immigrants-----who came here legally to become citizens and went through all the red tape to become such.
I highly respect them.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Originally posted by jam321

At first, thank you for the discourse. I was going to counter point all your arguments, i apologize for the summary only because of space limitations.

Yes, the children are -- not the parents. Point was missed here. If the parents weren't here illegally the child would not have been an American citizen to begin with. Root cause, not root result.

Are you even sure of what California deficit is?

42B estimated as it's common knowledge by those having our little tax revolt here. As I said, 20B estimated of cost of illegal immigration. I'm sure it's worse the more you probe into govt fraud.

Please do not misdirect the intention of my previous statement. The reasoning is clear. American citizens should not be paying for those here ILLEGALLY regardless of the cost. I don't care if it's $1. It's $1 away from me and my family who are here as legal US citizens.

For the breakdown as a summary with links to the data for your questions:
albanysinsanity.wnymedia.net...

I guess you prefer they get away scott free.

If you weren't here illegally, you wouldn't have done the crime here, right? Not here = No crime = No Cost, or am I missing something?

Entire education system is broke.

If our education system is so broke, then it should be reserved for citizens only. That was the purpose of prop 182. I won't argue that the school system sucks, as that's a topic for another day.

What loan? No SSN= no credit= no loan

www.latimes.com...

I guess you missed the part about identity theft. You missed my point. Illegals should not be in our nation, much less the school system, much certainly not our college system. Oh yeah, colleges do offer aide to illegals.
And what about loans with no SSN? Wasn't Bank of America doing something like that recently? Same with mortgage companies?

Dang. I recall people use to say this about black folks.

Come drive to my old neighborhood, or the countless others that fled the state because of it and I'll show you what I mean. Nice attempt at the race card, but no dice. I call a spade a spade. There's a visible degradation to formerly 'good' neighborhoods infested with illegals from past years. Come drive by and see the Mexican Flag flying in 'American' neighborhoods. Did you miss the illegal immigrant children demonstration of turning our flag upside down at a school? Surely you having a Semper Fi picture understands just what that means?

As for wage depreciation. Antonio Villaragosa has already been soundbited as saying "We clean your toilets". Wage depreciation from illegal immigration is real, whither you want to acknowledge it or not. Ask any former gardener or construction worker.

We agree on school leadership/outsourcing

As for the Fed. heh, another thread for another day. The Bailout and Porkulus package is a direct theft from our children's children's children. When pitchforks and torches start selling out at the local walmart is the day I celebrate. Government IS the criminal, and people are finally realizing that.

The government is to blame just as much if not more for not enforcing the laws. They have sworn to oath to defend us from foreign and domestic enemies. The only way I can see illegal immigration is a FOREIGN enemy. Had they enforced our immigration laws and our border, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Agreed?

Can't do that though. Papa Mario and Mama Maria might be able to vote one day after we give them all amnesty, and surely the anchor babies will remember which party gave their parents the most.

Illegal Bad, Legal Good. That's my philosophy

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

I don't think anyones debating that pmb. Under my command at work I have 3 Hispanics that I have the utmost respect for. They work just like we do, go home, and have families, pay their taxes, vote, follow the law, etc.

If you think my words on illegal immigration are harsh, you should hear them -- especially the one that immigrated legally from Mexico.

The difference? They all WANTED to be an American -- not a Mexican citizen. They assimilated into our nation and wanted to live the American dream and were successful. They are quite proud that they did not bring Mexico with them, other than the delicious food.

These types are not the problem.

I'm talking from the broader perspective of Southern California. Right now, we're an illegal immigrant cesspool. LA is regarded as THE PLACE for illegals because of it's proximity to the border, manual labor jobs, and sanctuary laws prohibiting police from asking immigrant status.

Is this limited to Mexicans? No. Middle Eastern, Asian, Etc are all here. The majority however ARE Hispanic and therefore take the brunt of angry American citizens wanting this to end.

Specifically is because they want to turn California into Mexico, and not themselves into United States Citizens.

Does that reflect the majority of the nation? No, it does not at least not yet.

You're lucky to be honest. Here previously nice neighborhoods are collapsing under the weight of illegal immigration. This includes our school system AND social services. You can drive by certain neighborhoods and see nothing but mexican flags waving in the wind, and signs in espanol.

Let me tell you MY story. My 80 year old Grandmother lives in one of those places that's declined rapidly. Her home was broken into. They had elected to use the back window and broke it clean out. Various things were stolen -- including all her jewelery, and her $10,000 string of pearls she kept to give away as an inheritance. On top of that, other homes in that same senior area was broke into over the week.

She called the police at 4pm after she noticed the window, and they didn't come. She called again, and again, and again until 9pm she gave a major complaint. They didn't show up until the next day. What happens if she got home and they were still there robbing the place? The police? They were to busy directing traffic -- because they were afraid to even go to that neighborhood.

Los Angeles alone has been estimated that every 1 in 5 people are here illegally. That's 20% of LA's population. You hear of all the traffic right? Imagine 1/5th of the cars off the road, or 1/5th less people that do not belong here.

That's 20% of Jobs that could be filled by California's 15%+ unemployment rate with room to spare.

Personally I think it's about time laws like the one Arizona passed. No jobs here = no desire to come. Law states that a worker has to be a legal united states citizen or have a valid visa to gain employment. It was about time that these types of laws get pushed through and employers breaking the law are punished.

Now enforce the border, build the fence, and patrol it with the national guard to make sure that those that leave the US (which they are because of these laws and economy) do not return except for LEGAL ways of doing so.

I have sympathy for the plight of Mexico in particular, but the issue remains. If it's bad there, then their citizens should take care of it themselves. There's a lack of educational standards, as there's no desire for education. It's time for Mexico to learn to stand on it's own two feet, and push education as a society norm.

It's time for them to work hard for their own nation and rid it of corruption, build their own economy, and get rid of the drug lords internally.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
In my neck of the woods for a 1000 dollars, you get a SS and Drivers license and when its not SS you get a workers permit.

Its very profitable the illegal immigrant business around here.

Interesting that when they get into accidents is not issuance to pay for the tab but they can sue for damages against an insured citizen.

The irony.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Just so that you know only 10% of the hispanics here are illegal. and out of those not all are Mexican. Also you had no witness to prove it was Mexicans that broke in? So who broke in? You said your grand mother noticed the window was broken so she didnt notice anyone stealing anything. Therefore the theft could have been done by, whites, hispanics, blacks, chinese, or maybe even little green men.

Yet you are blaming the Mexicans for it? Yet there is no proof. Strange isnt it. Here I work for the police station in a crime lab and we work with proof so believe me until when you can prove it I dont believe it.

The next little tid bit is this. Its not the few Mexicans that got us in this economy. Its your government. And even if you sent back all the illegals. I dont see you wanting to work out in the fields picking tomatoes for 10 cents a bucket. Or any other American so there goes all your tomato products. Including all that Pizza you all so much love to eat. Oops and there goes tons of Pizza hut jobs. Oops and Dominoes jobs. and shall we continue? What about the cucumbers we wont be seeing you picking or the lettuce? there goes your salads. And your pickles.

It will be much worse with no workers in the fields but I guess that is what you want to sit and starve. and to have no economy at all.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
*wonders why he is replying again*

I'll just clear up a few points trying to be made about Mexico..

My father-in-law is a lawyer here in Hermosillo, he says that in two of the southern states.. land was given to children of single mothers, or children whos father died before they turned 18, but that died out in the late 80's early 90's.. so both posters were in some ways correct.

Yes, there are small towns where people still use horses as a means of transportation, but it is more of a cultural move than poverty.. not that there isn't poverty.

As for "Mexicans" in Georgia.. there has been a massive migration from northern east coast states in the past years, I was born and raised in Georgia.

I myself, see where people are coming from with immigration (illegal that is).. and the problems that arise from it. My wife, being a legal resident of both Mexico and the United States, understands, and is even more opposed than I am to illegal immigration. She worked very hard to become a citizen here after attending school here on a student visa. I just wanted to make that known before I went any further..

Now, most of the illegal 'brown' people in the United States, particularly the southern states, are from Central America. Not that some aren't Mexicans.. but I hate it when they all get thrown into the same pot. If you want to make a statement.. make sure you're attacking the right group/s before you do so.

Next, welfare CANNOT be given to an illegal, PERIOD. You can argue the point until you're blue in the face.. doesn't happen. However, they can recieve help with medical problems and aid to support their children through Government programs.. but as far as a welfare check.. nope.. sorry. Do you REALLY want to deny children proper healthcare because of their parents faults? Better keep that answer to yourself, because it could just show what kind of person you really are..

If you were to come to Mexico without a visa, and became ill, guess what, you would recieve care.. just like in the US, and so would your kids.

As for Mexicans going to the United States to live off the government benifits.. they would fair better here in Mexico, so that is a moot argument as well.. the thing here is, you don't get anything for nothing.. what a concept, huh? No doubt that they take jobs that Americans need, but if they are legal, they deserve the right to apply for the job as well, so make sure you are only angry with the illegals that are taking those jobs.. not the legal ones.

In closing I will say again, I am in no way for illegal immigrants, but I think legal immigrants and "Mexicans" that aren't "Mexicans" get a bad rap..

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

The Mexican government gives every child land when they turn 18 years of age. Its only a 1/2 an acre but they do get it. We as americans do nothing for our kids when they turn 18.

? Why because they dont have credit cards. Yep most Mexicans dont even know what one is. Until when a Mexican comes to this country they have never heard of a credit card. Only in the citys do they use them and thats only for folks from other countries. Mexicans themselves have never had a use for them.

Most Mexicans dont even have mortgages. Either they pay right out right for there homes or its a home that has been in the family for years.

And most Mexicans are way to poor to even think about buying a brand new car. Most cars in Mexico are used and have been redone over and over again just so they keep going for years.

The thing about every Mexican over the age of 18 getting land, is totally untrue. I don't know where you got that from.

Most Mexicans know what a credit card is. I myself had a couple of platinum credit cards while living there, one AMEX, issued in Mexico, the other from a Mexican bank.

A lot of families in Mexico have mortgages. Just like any other place.

And about cars....there are a LOT of other car brands that are not available in the USA. European, plus the usual American and Asian brands.
I myself had a Land Rover in Mexico.

Please, people have to travel, open your eyes, not everything is what the media says it is.

There are some of the best restaurants in Mexico, all types of cuisines, there are luxury stores, even Saks Fifth Avenue, for example.

Yes, there are poor people, middle class, and rich people. Uneducated and highly educated people, as in other countries, although I have to admit that the poor-rich ratio is incredibly uneven.

Did you happen to watch the last 20/20 on TV? "Children of the Mountain"...white people, drinking Mountain Dew and Pepsi, even for babies, eating crap, living on a few dollars a day, no teeth, zero education, high teen pregnancy rate. Happens everywhere. Even in the richest country in the world.

BTW, I totally oppose illegal immigration, from any country, in any country.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

The Mexico economy much like many major countries is reliant on the US economy, few places actually enforce these laws, I would guess more and more would enforce the laws based on the current state of the economy, down with the ship, maybe they don't wanna go down, south of the border, anyway like others have said I am in support of the legal ones that take the time to enter here legally, and those born here, but those that broke a law should be punished, losing their jobs and going back home is a small punishment but it's fitting, California is bankrupt because illegals sucked the money dry from free government wellfare and they pay no taxes on top of that, everyone pays a price for their actions one time or another whether in this or the next life.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

You are once again talking about the City not the other 65% of the country of Mexico which is Mountains and which is country. In fact there is an actual news story which you can look up that states that loans were to risky for rural areas there for Mexico banks said they would not risk it that was back in 1990. So NO many folks still dont get loans from banks. In fact when my mother inlaw wanted to put in electric she had to borrow cash from a rancher that would tack on $5000 American every 6 months if it wasnt paid back, until he would own the property. So we our selves sent her the cash to pay it. That way she wouldnt lose the Ranch.

As for Cars I asked Hernandez yesterday Whom makes 5 trips to Mexico yearly. He happens to be a legal citizen here yet his family is still there. His wife told me they saw all of 2 car sales places when going through the whole country of Mexico. They go from Macalla (probally spelled wrong since this is my first cup of coffee) Texas to the Guetamala Border so come on? There is one on every street? Oh and Jennifer also stated his wife that one of them was not new cars it was old used cars with new paint jobs. So that really should bring in the point that your invisible car sales places really dont exsist.

Both of my brother in laws stated the same thing to me, that they had only seen one, going to Nuevo Leon. So I sort of have to believe those that I know that go there. As well as from what I have seen.

As for the property. I am taking it that you were not born in Mexico otherwise you would know it is the truth.

Now as for the few folks that are stating that there jobs are being taken away by the illegals? That is a bunch of bull. Take for instance the Smithfield foods company in Selma NC. 2 years ago they made them get rid of the illegal workers. That was 37 jobs. They put ads on TV, in the papers for US citizens to apply for these jobs. This company had to have these jobs filled or they couldnt run. Not a single person wanted to do the work. therefore the company had to close and layoff. Guess what? 176 US citizens. Out of which some still have not found work. Including my aunt. What about all of the construction companies that had to close due to the fact that white and blacks wouldnt do the work? Yet the illegals were doing it? There goes more jobs figuring that when houses dont get built then Lowes loses business, and so on. Its a dominoe effect.

Now before I head off to work here, there is a little bit of info that bothers me. I hear every one of you talking garbage about the illegal Mexicans. What about the Illegal Haitians? Illegal Chinese? and so on?

290,000 Chinese immigrants are living in the United States illegally. The local increase mirrors a nationwide jump in the unauthorized Chinese population this decade, according to a Department of Homeland Security analysis released in September of the nation’s 11.8 million undocumented residents.

In 2002 there was over 1,000,000 illegal haitians in this country. Yet I dont hear you complaining about them stealing your jobs. They state that in Miami itself there is over 350,000 illegal haitians

I think I would be ticked off to if I was a mexican because in a way that is racisit, why are we not after all of the other illegals. You would be suprised as to how many illegls come across the canadian border daily. We saw a border patrol show the other day filmed on the Maine border and they let through 59 people without ever catching them. just because of laziness? It was right there on the film and it so pissed me off. the crew asked if they were going to catch them and the border patrol man so Nope I am busy with this car right now. So 5 got through at that point. They could only check the folks in the cars not folks that walked beside the road just inside the woods. Figuring that was just one spot it makes me wonder how many folks get across daily from all of the border crossings and non crossings.

I was born and raised in Maine and I know how slow they are up there but still. There is a problem when they allow illegals through like that. Of course we use to like to run across the border when we were kids just for fun and tell my grand mother we were Canadians. Just for a great play time. But she lived right on the border. That house later on was used as a smuggling house. Way after the family sold it. And it still sits ther I am sure it is still a smuggler house even today.

But dont blame the Mexcans for all the problems we are in today. Its our fault ourselves. And if we get rid of all of the illegals we may find ourselves in even more of a financial bind then we are now in. Ok all I am off, to work.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

This is the last time I reply to this thread, as obviously I seem to be a sole voice speaking from Southern California. I bring statistics and links, and they are ignored. I've witnessed the things I've talked about first hand (ie, Mexican flags flying) and my area collapsing under the weight of illegal immigration and turning into little Mexico.

Just so that you know only 10% of the hispanics here are illegal.

I don't CARE about ratio's or race pmb. Did you miss my previous quotes saying my wife is a Chinese immigrant? I care about the point that they are here ILLEGALLY. What part of 'illegal' do you not understand?

and out of those not all are Mexican.

Which I stated in an earlier reply that there's middle eastern, asian, etc that are here illegally as well. However in California, the brunt of illegals ARE Hispanic.

Also you had no witness to prove it was Mexicans that broke in? So who broke in? You said your grand mother noticed the window was broken so she didnt notice anyone stealing anything. Therefore the theft could have been done by, whites, hispanics, blacks, chinese, or maybe even little green men.

Well pmb, if I hadn't wasted all my space with that olive branch because of the 4000 character limit, I would have fit in to that reply that this was in a senior citizen park, and there were witnesses saying they saw 2 people leave from behind her home(where the window was broken), and they WERE Hispanic. One an older man, and one estimated to be about 12-14 years old.

Yet you are blaming the Mexicans for it? Yet there is no proof.

See above.

Strange isnt it. Here I work for the police station in a crime lab and we work with proof so believe me until when you can prove it I dont believe it.

I find it more strange that someone in law enforcement doesn't understand the term illegal.

The next little tid bit is this. Its not the few Mexicans that got us in this economy. Its your government.

Hence my comment on the day I'll celebrate when pitch forks and torches are sold out at walmart.

Please do not use an illegitimate totality transfer. Illegal immigration is a major problem in California but not the only one. It costs California $20B on illegals, our 'shortfall' is 42B. Or should I pay more taxes, a surcharge on my federal tax, .12cents a gallon gas tax, and double the VLF for them? Thats whats going through in California legislature as I type this. It's not just a 'few' in California either. Go to a home depot for construction day labor and see just how 'few' it is for yourself.

And even if you sent back all the illegals. I dont see you wanting to work out in the fields picking tomatoes for 10 cents a bucket.

I won't even comment on this, it's hysterically funny.

Or any other American so there goes all your tomato products. Including all that Pizza you all so much love to eat. Oops and there goes tons of Pizza hut jobs. Oops and Dominoes jobs. and shall we continue? What about the cucumbers we wont be seeing you picking or the lettuce? there goes your salads. And your pickles.

Contrary to popular belief ma'am -- not all produce suppliers use illegal labor and not all illegals are farmers so that means the price increase would be negligible if at all. The jobs we're talking about are the factory, janitors, construction, gardeners, etc.
So much for your pizza theory.

Seriously, I don't hear about farms being raided. I hear about large factories being raided.

It will be much worse with no workers in the fields but I guess that is what you want to sit and starve. and to have no economy at all.

LOL. Illegals are NOT the backbone of our economy, they are parasites attached to it

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brohes

I'll just clear up a few points trying to be made about Mexico..

My father-in-law is a lawyer here in Hermosillo, he says that in two of the southern states.. land was given to children of single mothers, or children whos father died before they turned 18, but that died out in the late 80's early 90's.. so both posters were in some ways correct.

This is my lunch hour but here is a quote for you. From the man in Nuevo leon. In fact he is what we would call the town manager. And thanks do go out to Mexico to, Manuel for this info.

" Yes in Mexico we give away land to our children, but there are stipulations. There family must have lived here in our town, and state all of there lives as well as the child. If they move to another state and expect free land they will not get it. There parents are responsible for requsting the land from us here, when the child is 17 that way we will investigate that none of the stipulations have been broken.

As for the Southern states this was from the President himself to help out single parents. This was more land as well. It was 5 acres. Not a 1/2 acre which all Mexicans are elligible for, IF they have followed all stipulations."

In laymans terms: this means if a parent moves his family to the US for lets say 1 year and then goes back they have broken the stipulations or rules. Or even if they move to another state then move back. Even if the child decides to go stay with an aunt for 1 year, they will no longer be elligible. The parent must request the free land On or around the childs 17th Birthday. Otherwise they will not reieve anything.

Ok I am back off to work but figured I would tell you that I did get it all cleared up. Lunch time is now over.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

LOL OK
try telling that to my office.
They would love to stop handing them out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join