It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico is Angry! You gotta read this!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Mexico has a Huge problem with illegals comming into Mex., from their neighbors, to the South of them.
Mexico also has very tough laws regarding legal and illegal immigration.
They round 'em up and deport them back to were they came from.

It seems the pay,and living conditions in Mexico are better than it is in Panama,Nicaragua,Honduras,Costa Rica,El Salvador,Colombia,Ecuador
etc...

I lived in Southern California for 13yrs, and a lot of the illegals there are from other countrys other than Mexico.
My neighbors were from Cuba,Argentina,Nicaragua,Chile and El Salvador. Not one illegal Mexican in my area, Only second,third and fourth generation American born.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by azureskys]

Totally true, as opposed to what most people think, a lot of the illegals in the US are not Mexican, they come from South America, but since they speak Spanish and came through Mexico, they are labeled as Mexicans.

Of course there are lots and lots of Mexican illegals in the US, just the same as from other countries, but illegals does not equal Mexicans.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I agree with several of the points on the article, and yes, illegals in Mexico don't stand a chance, if caught, its over, the rules described in the article pretty much are the ones on use in the Mexican side.

What the article doesn't specify is, are all illegals taken out to the Mexican border, or just those which have been identified as being Mexican citizens?

Because if all illegals are taken out to the border, whether Mexican or other nationality, then it looks rather like a really bad situation for the Mexican towns that will have to host all those people.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan

Originally posted by Obliv_au
well america was built with cheap immigrant labour from mexico many many years ago.

then they found something most mexicans enjoyed, so they decided making marijuana illegal would force many mexicans to return home once the work had been done and were no longer wanted around.

LOL were did you get that from!

The problem started at around ww2, because the US and Mexico agreed for Mexican workers to go work in the US factories and fields while the US people went to fight, once that ended, a lot of people came back, but lots of them stayed because they were granted citizenship for the work done, and so they started families on the US, which later on started to bring relatives and just like a snow ball, it grew up from there.

There also may be other stuff that caused this, but one of the original causes is this one, as far as i know, at that time, Mexico wasn't really that bad, but later it started to go down and so people started to look for a way out.

At least that's from what i know, which may amount to nothing maybe...

The worst part is that was a lie by the US. The Mexicans were never granted legal citizenship. That is the truth. My father inlaw was one of the folks that worked here during WWII and he never was granted citizenship. And many of them the same thing happened to. The US down right lied to them, that is why the US and Mexico have been not so happy with each other for years.

Also that is why with all of this Iraq business Mexico would not send there armies over there to help us. Because once again Bush stated he would grant citizenship and Mexico knew he would not do it. Every year for the past 50 years the Presidents have stated they would grant citizenship to Mexicans here and they havent done it. When they put the big Ford company in Mexico they were suppose to have granted over 3000 Mexicans here in the US citizenship they did not.

Which makes the US a bunch of liars. We put our big business' down there pay them 50 cents a day to work there, and we cant even keep a promise. We pay them 50 cents a day to work in Niki plants. yet we get what $70 a pair for the shoes. Seems to me like the big companies are getting rich as well as our government and the government doesnt want to help Mexico by paying there folks what they should really be paying them or by making there folks legal.

Then you wonder why Mexico is mad? I think I would be a bit pissed off to if someone screwed me like that. I hate to say it but how many of you are going to work in a big for factory for even $1 a day? Not a freaken one of you! Yet when you come right down to it the USA is responsible for it.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress

The worst part is that was a lie by the US. The Mexicans were never granted legal citizenship. That is the truth. My father inlaw was one of the folks that worked here during WWII and he never was granted citizenship. And many of them the same thing happened to. The US down right lied to them, that is why the US and Mexico have been not so happy with each other for years.

Well that i believe, actually, gotta say it has a 95 percent chance of being true.

Also that is why with all of this Iraq business Mexico would not send there armies over there to help us.

I find it hard to believe the Mexican army has the equipment/training/resources to actually go to war, the Mexican army seems to be intended for self defense/emergencies, not for war, that's why they can't even keep up with the drug cartels, sometimes, mercenaries have even better stuff than the Mexican army.

Now, i don't know exactly but 50 cents or 1$ a day in Mexico seems way to low, really, i would guess it is more like 10$, but who knows, i guess it can happen. But what can someone do with 1$?

Well i guess i would be going out too if that was what i got paid for really hard work, went to look some data, seems the minimum wage is something like 5$ a day, so yeah, you are mostly right, god...

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Here in SW Michigan the private buses headed south used to run once a week and now they are at the pickup every other day. The told the owner of the buses that March 1 they would start monotoring the buses as in pulling them over. My neighbor is a cop and the bus stop is at a Mexican grocery / Deli next to his house.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Those Min, wage jobs are if you can find a good job in the cities working in an office. So yeah its not good for folks in Mexico. Then we have the fact that alot of folks in Mexico raise corn and sell it to make Tortillas. Well when the Us decided to start making Ethinol. We the Us. Made Mexico start selling us some of there corn. So we started buying it from them at 5 cents a pound. So now the price of Tortillas has gone up in Mexico so most folks cant even afford to eat anymore.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Kaifan

Those Min, wage jobs are if you can find a good job in the cities working in an office. So yeah its not good for folks in Mexico. Then we have the fact that alot of folks in Mexico raise corn and sell it to make Tortillas. Well when the Us decided to start making Ethinol. We the Us. Made Mexico start selling us some of there corn. So we started buying it from them at 5 cents a pound. So now the price of Tortillas has gone up in Mexico so most folks cant even afford to eat anymore.

Not exactly true, because i have lots of friends from Mexico, i worked in Guadalajara on the IBM plant for about 4 years and in Aguascalientes for GE about two years, and everyone there was making more like 1,500-2500 dollars a month, as software developers, people on other fields made something like 1000 a month, and then there was the people who worked on really "low" stuff, like selling food or others, they made something in the order of 70-100 a week, so no 50 cents a day there, i know the country, i have been to several cities, and i have never seen people on the side of the road working on the fields, in fact, i have never seen a corn field. You got to go way out of the cities to see something like that, on the little towns and maybe not even there, because people in small towns are either in the US, lol, or NOT working on the land. In fact, i know there is a problem there because nobody works the land no more.

I know this, i have lived in Mexico and even if i don't know everything about it that's not what i have seen while living here.

Take a look on this ads, for example:
www.computrabajo.com.mx...

This is a job for about 2000 a month or more

And this one:

www.computrabajo.com.mx...

Which also is 2000 or more monthly wage, so i guess not everyone is living on 5$ a day, and if there are offices that offer this salaries, it means, there's got to be a source for that income and there's got to be a better economic level right? Yeah i know that this may not be standard jobs, but take a look at that page, there are hundreds of job offers, and lots of them specify similar monthly wages.

I know things are bad in Mexico, otherwise there would not be people leaving the country trying to find a better life, but it is also true that it is not completely bad, and from what i have seen, there is plenty of work, maybe is just that the people who leave are the ones who want easy money or simply don't care to learn anything and just want any job, and they default to construction or farming jobs on the US since they are not able to find anything on Mexico?

Anyway, this is a pretty big mess don't you agree, there are several things to consider, and no simple way out of this mess, sadly.

Now i feel bad and bitter, this stuff makes me feel all wrong.

And by the way, i am not denying anything you have said, i just think there is more than what we have seen and more things need to be understood before being able to see the true state of things with this issue.

And all these things are wrong, this shouldn't be happening at all, and it is sad and i kind of feel angry about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
LMAO You are talking in Mexico money in american money that would equal to about $100 a month. Whic just so that you know My husbands family lives in Mexico so I happen to know what is going on there. Just because you are quting the Mexico value doesnt mean a thing. Right now I can send American cash there $1 american equals $20 pesos there. So yeah $1000 sounds great until you do the figuring. Or even $2000. And yes they do Grow tons of corn there. and just because you were in the City doesnt mean crap. By the way I guess you didnt realize that most of the tacos made in the cities are made from horse meat and dog meat?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

LMAO You are talking in Mexico money in american money that would equal to about $100 a month. Whic just so that you know My husbands family lives in Mexico so I happen to know what is going on there. Just because you are quting the Mexico value doesnt mean a thing. Right now I can send American cash there $1 american equals $20 pesos there. So yeah $1000 sounds great until you do the figuring. Or even $2000. And yes they do Grow tons of corn there. and just because you were in the City doesnt mean crap. By the way I guess you didnt realize that most of the tacos made in the cities are made from horse meat and dog meat?

I did some calculation, 10,000 pesos equals about 700 dollars, so someone making 20,000 pesos is making 1,400 dollars a month.

About the dog food, i guess they should have big farms full of dogs so that they can feed the entire population, instead of the ones having thousand of cows that you can clearly see everywhere around the country, and i guess i was blind or confused when i visited several meat processing factories where you can see the actual cows before they are processed.

Not all that is said about that is true, and no, i just told you, i have seen the country, i know by first hand, there are corn fields, i know, but as i said, you can't find those in the cities, you need to go way into the country to see them, and most people live in cities or towns, not on the fields.

And yes, i'm not saying you are lying, i just want to say that i have seen different, and maybe all these things really do happen, but i didn't see it happening at every corner, or should i lie and say everything i experienced myself didn't happen and everything i saw was fake?

Don't know what to say then, so i should just probably say nothing at all.

Edited to fix actual peso and dollar values. sorry

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Here is another little tidbit. That you forgot to mention. My husband went over that wonderful site. Yet most of those High paying jobs happen to be for College grads. So there goes the fact of most of the Mexicans even getting the jobs.

Which reminds me? Why would an American be taking away work from Mexicans? You said you lived there and was working there? Doesnt that make you as bad as the Mexicans that so many are complaining about here stealing there jobs from them?

Seems to me like the shoe is on the other foot now.

By the way the calculations were wrong. I checked my western union I sent Friday to my Mother inlaw in Mexico. Its $1 American = $18.50 Pesos

[edit on 17-2-2009 by pmbhuntress]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

There is over a million Americans living and working in Mexico. It's an ethnically diverse country with people from around the world living and working there.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Here is another little tidbit. That you forgot to mention. My husband went over that wonderful site. Yet most of those High paying jobs happen to be for College grads. So there goes the fact of most of the Mexicans even getting the jobs.

Which reminds me? Why would an American be taking away work from Mexicans? You said you lived there and was working there? Doesnt that make you as bad as the Mexicans that so many are complaining about here stealing there jobs from them?

Seems to me like the shoe is on the other foot now.

Err, not exactly, here is a little info about me:

- My grandfather is from Mexico
- I have several friends working on Mexico, because they either were sent from the US, are trying to get away for the madness the US is becoming these days, or just like to be adventurous and travel, Mexico has a lot of very nice places you know?.
- I can work legally on Mexico, in fact, i am sitting here on my house, on Aguascalientes, Mexico, typing this, i like it, is peaceful, i miss things, but i also have things i would miss if i went away, like i will have to do sooner or later, sooner, as it happens, to my regret.
- Even if i don't have any family near, i like to live here, and my friends are great people, i have a lot of fun and plan to keep living like this as much as i can.
- Why shouldn't i be able to live here if i like it? is not like i came here to steal from anyone, i do my share of work like the rest of the people right?

I have never said anything about denying work to illegal workers on the US, my comments all have been directed at pointing out that not all that we hear about Mexico is true, that there are lots of people that have everything they need, earn good money and have good lifestyles, so my point is, not all of the illegals go to the US for the same reasons.

For instance, as you said, most jobs on that site require a college degree, but you can't deny that a country that offers jobs like this, must have higher economic standards than countries where all you can eat is what you gather from the land with your own hands?

What i want to point out, is that not all things are as bad as some people would like the rest of the world to believe, i mean, there are good jobs, there are bad jobs, just like in the rest of the world, if you can't get a good job, you blame it on the country? the people who won't hire you? or maybe just realize you are not prepared for that job, and go and learn whatever you need to learn to get that good job, or take the easy way out and go to another country where you can get the same amount of money that the college dudes make down on your homeland, but doing construction work or farming?

As i said, there are lots of variables here, we can't really understand all of the reasons for the immigration issues in the US, but we can certainly speak from what we ourselves have seen and understand, and i have seen that even if Mexico is in a bad shape, it is not really that bad as a lot of people says it is, i mean, people are not dying from hunger on the streets, believe me.

There are poor people of course, some of them extremely poor, but is not like you see that on the streets every day, i mean, look at the problem with housing in the US, that sounds really bad doesn't it? and it's a first world country, what can be expected then for third world countries?

And as was pointed out above, there are lots of Americans working on Mexico, there are towns where most of the population are Americans, i can think at least one of them Ajijic, these towns are filled with Americans and it is funny because once you go into the town, all street signs are written in English, and most of the business seem to follow this as well. it is as if you were in a very small US town, placed in the middle of Mexico, rather cool to see.

www.ajijicvillagehomes.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I am also an American working and living in Mexico. I find a lot of the post here very humorous.. some I agree with, and some that I don't.

I live in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico.. south of Arizona. Beautiful state, beautiful people.

While it is true that you may not make as much here.. you have to take into account that you can live for much cheaper here as well.

As for the post about the Mexican millitary.. sure it is capable of protecting the nation, and no they arn't built up to fight wars across the globe.. why should they be? Millitaries should only be made to protect it's citizens. Anyways..

Also true that A LOT of the "mexicans" in the US arn't even "mexicans", they are from central America. Gotta blame the US government at some level for dropping all brown people in Mexico just because they're brown.

I'm shocked daily by how little people really know about Mexico, and the warped ideas they have about the country. (Haven't seen one person riding a donkey yet)

But anyway.. just wanted to post my ideas here as well..

Oh, and to the original post, Mexico is mad at the US for immigration laws? No, they actually have much better immigration laws.. are they mad about central american's getting dropped off in their country.. no more mad than my fellow Americans that are pissed off that they have entered the country.

Sure there are a lot of Mexicans in the US.. but a lot of them are the legal ones. The illegals are almost all from Central America.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Mexico is alot different then the US in many ways. #1 Unlike us here in the US they dont rely on imports. Most of what they sell is made in Mexico. We on the other hand have a 90% import rate. so that 90% of what we buy is imported.

One strange thing that I found was when we got hit by Katrina here in the Us Bush did a walk around and that was about it. Yet in Mexico when they were hit By the big Hurricanes there President went out there and was helping folks to get out of the Debri, and he was also helping to pick up debri. A huge difference. It just proved that he was a caring man.

The Mexican government gives every child land when they turn 18 years of age. Its only a 1/2 an acre but they do get it. We as americans do nothing for our kids when they turn 18.

The strange thing may be that we Americans are finding ourselves in a financial bind. In this bad economy. Yet the Mexicans are not? Why because they dont have credit cards. Yep most Mexicans dont even know what one is. Until when a Mexican comes to this country they have never heard of a credit card. Only in the citys do they use them and thats only for folks from other countries. Mexicans themselves have never had a use for them.

Most Mexicans dont even have mortgages. Either they pay right out right for there homes or its a home that has been in the family for years.

And most Mexicans are way to poor to even think about buying a brand new car. Most cars in Mexico are used and have been redone over and over again just so they keep going for years.

the worst part is that in most rural areas there may only be one or maybe even two cars in a town. Other then that folks walk or ride horses still. I can tell you this that in Nuevo Leon it is still that way. Children walk 6 to 10 miles to go to school daily.

Here in the US we take way to much for advantage. If we dont have the cash for it we just put it on a card or we just get a loan. Not in Mexico if they dont have the cash they dont need it. Its time for us to start doing that to.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The Mexican government gives every child land when they turn 18 years of age. Its only a 1/2 an acre but they do get it. We as americans do nothing for our kids when they turn 18.

Oh my God, where did you get that from? that is totally not true!, seriously, think about it for a second, can you provide a source for that? i have never, ever seen that happen.

You know, there are things that really can make anyone angry, and one of them is to listen someone saying lies like this, 90% of your post here is plain, simple, dirty disinformation, what's the purpose of all these? to try and get people angry? i don't understand, but after reading what you have said on this post, i won't even bother to read whatever you write again, welcome to my ignore list.

Yep most Mexicans dont even know what one is. Until when a Mexican comes to this country they have never heard of a credit card. Only in the citys do they use them and thats only for folks from other countries. Mexicans themselves have never had a use for them.

Lie lie lie, most people i know have more than one credit card, actually it is a big business around here, just like anywhere else.

Most Mexicans dont even have mortgages. Either they pay right out right for there homes or its a home that has been in the family for years.

Well this is true.

And most Mexicans are way to poor to even think about buying a brand new car. Most cars in Mexico are used and have been redone over and over again just so they keep going for years.

Not true, a lot of people have brand new cars, just look out the street and you can see them, there are new car dealers everywhere.

the worst part is that in most rural areas there may only be one or maybe even two cars in a town. Other then that folks walk or ride horses still. I can tell you this that in Nuevo Leon it is still that way. Children walk 6 to 10 miles to go to school daily.

Yep, on the poorest areas, that may be true, but what can you expect from a 300 people town up there in the mountain? or the lake, or whatever?

Here in the US we take way to much for advantage. If we dont have the cash for it we just put it on a card or we just get a loan. Not in Mexico if they dont have the cash they dont need it. Its time for us to start doing that to.

In Mexico, when people do not have any cash, they just go and ask for loans, as simple as that, if you work and get paid with a debit card, you are allowed to have a loan for about three months worth of pay, without too much effort, just go and ask, and in a few days the money is on your account. The same for houses and whatever you need, you can get a loan.

Really, some people go way out of their way to make it look as if things were really that bad.

Next thing someone will be here saying people don't go to the movies because there are no theaters, have never been to a McDonald's or pizza hot, walk on bare foot because they don't have money for shoes, travel on donkeys because there are no buses or airplanes, and whatever else you can think that a hate filled mind can make up just to spread disinformation.

I'm sorry but whoever told you all these things is a liar, nothing less than that, i'm really sorry to hear this, because it proves why other countries hate Americans, how sad.

At least i can speak from what i have seen and personally know, and i know several others here have seen as well and can say this is not true at all.

Ahh nevermind....

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Then you must only hang around the richest parts of Mexico. And yes the Mexican government does give land to its children. In fact all of my brother inlaws as well as my husband have been given land by Mexico. And we still own it and pay taxes on it every year. Just because YOU dont know something doesnt make me a liar. It makes you someone whom doesnt know it all. Also Where you are speaking of is in the Cities. Most of Mexico is Country and therefor there are no New car dealers. Hate to tell you but you havent seen most of Mexico at all. So sit back on your rich area and enjoy while you still can.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I am very surprise with this developments, after all Mexican has been very good at out breeding here in the US, that is how their population is soaring so fast, with new American born Mexicans children, perhaps the parents will return to Mexico but the link is already there for them to comeback when needed as their children been American citizens will enjoy the benefits of state sponsor programs.

Still Is interesting to point out that with all the out sourcing going on by American companies leaving for Mexico I wonder why the need to come to the US for work.

Still I believe that is more of the pursue of citizenship than anything else for their children.

Remember in America we reward our citizens when they don't work specially when they have extended families.

But now that we are facing an economic crisis and More states are finding themselves falling for bankruptcy the merry go around will start to dry out very fast.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Up until about 4 years ago, I lived in a small resort town in northern Indiana. A few years before this, we of the town had a Mexican "invasion." Soon the Mexicans were everywhere,living four families to a house trailer, throwing their garbage on the lawns, and collectiong hundreds of dollars in welfare and food stamps, while driving brand new SUVs and some even "bought" a nice house and sent for their illegal wives and children. The kids are the only ones that can speak English...I was in a coffee shop, and three State cops were in there talking. One related to the others that he had pulled over a car with mom, dad, and two kids. The mom and dad could not speak a word of English, the kids had to translate, but! the driver had a driver's license, and the cop wondered how this could be. Many of the long time residents sold out and moved away, they just could not stand the fact that the Mexican stood around in the stores jabbering, in the way, and refused to move. They ogle white women, but a quick glance at one of their women gets them really angry. Several young girls i knew got pregnant by Mexicans, who quickly returned to avoid child support. My own niece got this way, she later found out the guy had done hard time for raping a 12 year old in Calif., but escaped from jail, went back to Mexico, changed his name and again entered the US. No my niece is saddled with a child that may or may not have the gene to commit crimes, and the State is supporting them. I am not against legal entry into the US, but come on! And another thing...this is America, I say learn the language,or go home.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

This is happening in Ga, many towns has been taken over by illegal immigrants, as soon the start proliferating and adding to their already extended families they get to enjoy living at the expenses of tax payers in the state.

Many of the original town people just pack and move leaving their small town to them, is its actually sad because in many instances the standards of living that this immigrants bring with then is very poorly.

When it comes to girls I have to agree that we have a big increase of pregnancy around them as that seems to be one of the biggest purpose the breeding.

Twelve years ago when I move to Ga immigrants were a vital part of seasonal work, they will come and go.

Now they are everywhere and like you said I wonder how they can afford to buy big cars went they have so many children to support.

But then again our government is very generous when it comes to supporting extended families as long as the children are American born at the expense's of tax payer.

No wonder states are going bankrupt and Ga is one of them that are starting to feel the pinch.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I hate to say it but illegal anything cant get welfare. Never have never will. So PLEASE, dont LIE. The illegals cant get welfare or food stamps. They have never been able to do so. You have to have a real SS card to get them. So therefore your just adding more trash in here. Only legal US citizens are allowed to get food stamps and welfare and have always been able to.

Now if you want to talk nasty. What about the Blacks that live 10 to a house in Smithfield NC? And are Popping kids out left and right? Cockroaches every wheres, and there kids have head lice? I dont hear you complaining? The trash all over the yard stinking the neighbor hoods up. Yet no one is complaining. Yet there are 73 teen girls pregnant in the high school there in smithfield this year and every one of them is black. And most have 2 or 3 kids already and are still under 18???? Living off my tax paying dollars may I add.

The worst part of this is that alot of there daddys are already in jail for Murder, rape, robbery, and all of there kids living off welfare and there wives and ex wives to. Go figure.

Right here where I live there is 46 teen girls pregnant and in highschool all are Black. Only one is white. That tells me there is a problem. Yet I dont see a dang hispanic in the bunch. Now why is that? Maybe because they are brought up the right way!

Let me also state this that not all Blacks are bad and not all Mexicans are bad. So please quit the crap of making it sound like all Mexicans are bad. Because there not. Just like not all Mexicans are not illegal. And not all the folks you are talking about may be Mexicans?

[edit on 17-2-2009 by pmbhuntress]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join