It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico is Angry! You gotta read this!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Mexico is Angry! You gotta read this!!

www.fourwinds10.com

The law, which took effect Jan. 1, punishes employers who knowingly hire individuals who don't have valid legal documents to work in the United States Penalties include suspension of, or loss of, their business license. The Mexican legislators are angry because their own citizens are returning to their hometowns, placing a burden on their state government. 'How can they pass a law like this?'
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Wow...I guess some of the laws passed are starting to show signs of stress for our southernly neighbor. I mean come on, how is Mexico going to handle the influx of their OWN CITIZENS returning from the United States! Things are a boiling and it won't be long before an all out crisis ignites massive civil unrest in Mexico.

www.fourwinds10.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That's their problem really. I mean i'm all for giving these people citizenship and allowing them to work in the US legally, but come on, Mexico isnt' allowed to complain that they're OWN citizens are returning to their own country.

I can understand their frustration, Mexico is in worse shape than most places when it comes to providing for it's people in all sectors of government and public service, but they can't rely on the US to rebuild and reshape the country for them, they need to step up and really do something drastic in order to keep things civil.

Then again, a civil war is just what we need to get everybody fired up.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm pretty tolerant, and I love all people...

..but that's bogus. They're YOUR citizens!

They shouldn't have been HERE in the first place if they didn't go through the proper channels.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I have an idea, since the people of Mexico dont like living in Mexico, why doesnt the USA just annex Mexico since there people are here anyways.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Maybe they will have a building boom and all us Americans can go to Mexico as illegals and get good jobs.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Many jobs have already been outsourced to Mexico. We laugh, but if you are in the industrial business, you may end up in Mexico if you want a job!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i find this to be very amusing...

after living in texas in poverty for 8 years not even being able to get on welfare cause i wasnt mexican....yea this law needs to be everywhere...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
That's their problem really. I mean i'm all for giving these people citizenship and allowing them to work in the US legally, but come on, Mexico isnt' allowed to complain that they're OWN citizens are returning to their own country.

I can understand their frustration, Mexico is in worse shape than most places when it comes to providing for it's people in all sectors of government and public service, but they can't rely on the US to rebuild and reshape the country for them, they need to step up and really do something drastic in order to keep things civil.

Then again, a civil war is just what we need to get everybody fired up.

~Keeper

A friend of mine put it best when he was saying that some of the right-wing parties, who are NAU supporters and in power now, want the people who would leave and not be around to vote for the left into power. That's all it is, they want everyone to leave so they can stay in power.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think the whole reason Mexico is mad is because they did not get proper warning that the law in Arizona was going to come into effect and also the improper calculation of the affect of that law in the area.

This may be their fault for not paying attention....or the fault of some underpaid desk clerk working in the Arizona government.

Humans are a country's best natural resource and the key to a country's growth and success.

Mexico just needs to figure out how best to manage this resource properly.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The ruling elite in mexico depend on illegals in the US to send money back home for them to take from the families of the illegals in rents for food for the extras of life ETC.

This is why they are angry about the illegals going home.

Screw them
Let them find someone else to sponge off.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Oh Boo Hoo Mexico...why dont you control your drug cartels before the U.S. does it for you.

The country is on the brink or destruction, send as many home now as Im sure they'll be coming right back when the country ceases to exist...

This is an issue especially for any U.S. citizen trying to get a job. Even the jobs the immigrants want, deserve to be in the hands of LEGAL Americans...We're struggling just like them, I suggest being a little selfish here and let them fend for themselves until we make it out of the fire...

This immigration issue will always be an issue.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
well america was built with cheap immigrant labour from mexico many many years ago.

then they found something most mexicans enjoyed, so they decided making marijuana illegal would force many mexicans to return home once the work had been done and were no longer wanted around.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
and then..
comes he day when the legislators say "well.. let's merge our country with mexico...there are so many mexicans here already...we depend on them to fill positions americans won't take.. and since our economy is so kapoot.. why not bring canada into us. as well?!!"

//insert roaring applause///

enter... NAU (north american union)
or... more "convenient to rhyme with the collectiv emantra of "U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! " ... why not just replace that "S" with an "N"... "U-N-A! U-N-A! U-N-A! " (Union of North America)

give them a common enemy to fight... and chant that together... job done.

-

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Mexico has a Huge problem with illegals comming into Mex., from their neighbors, to the South of them.
Mexico also has very tough laws regarding legal and illegal immigration.
They round 'em up and deport them back to were they came from.

It seems the pay,and living conditions in Mexico are better than it is in Panama,Nicaragua,Honduras,Costa Rica,El Salvador,Colombia,Ecuador
etc...

I lived in Southern California for 13yrs, and a lot of the illegals there are from other countrys other than Mexico.
My neighbors were from Cuba,Argentina,Nicaragua,Chile and El Salvador. Not one illegal Mexican in my area, Only second,third and fourth generation American born.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

I think you will find, most of the major controlling, Drug cartells are from Colombia,Brazil,Peru and Paraguay. They just use Panama on up through Mex. to get the dope to the U.S. and Canada where the demand is so High.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Mexico already knew this was coming. Why do you think they started putting troops on the border between the US and there? They have been building up for a couple months now.( They even have outside help)
In California we where letting them return home after the laws had passed; allowing them to leave on their own without prosecution and they where leaving by the bus loads. Being dropped at the border crossings day and night. Now that it is a "Federal law" they are up in arms because it isn't just "one" state being a pain in their proverbial arse. It is our government making them get papers and be legal about it or get out.
I have no problem with people coming here legally to work, live and raise a family. But if you aren't going to follow the rules either way you don't deserve to be here at all. Enjoy your ride back over the border and good ridden's, don't come back this time.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Think about it. These are the people that Mexico couldn't employ and or doesn't want. They came here because they weren't able to get jobs in Mexico.

I don't mind when people come to this country legally and try and better their lives. In fact that is kinda the point of America, being the land of opportunity. However when you cross our border illegally you in essence are committing an act of war and as such I believe that should be not only an arrestable offence but people seen crossing the border illegally should be shot on sight. It's terrorism in my opinion, it's terrorism because it creates an undue burden on our economic system and causes damage to our country. It is done with the expressed intent to damage our lifestyle and drain our economy.

Mexico needs to take care of it's own and stop hoisting it's rejects on us.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au
well america was built with cheap immigrant labour from mexico many many years ago.

then they found something most mexicans enjoyed, so they decided making marijuana illegal would force many mexicans to return home once the work had been done and were no longer wanted around.

LOL were did you get that from!

The problem started at around ww2, because the US and Mexico agreed for Mexican workers to go work in the US factories and fields while the US people went to fight, once that ended, a lot of people came back, but lots of them stayed because they were granted citizenship for the work done, and so they started families on the US, which later on started to bring relatives and just like a snow ball, it grew up from there.

There also may be other stuff that caused this, but one of the original causes is this one, as far as i know, at that time, Mexico wasn't really that bad, but later it started to go down and so people started to look for a way out.

At least that's from what i know, which may amount to nothing maybe...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

it was meant as an "in a nutshell" comment.

to post the whole thing would probably end with the post deleted... drug talk n all that.

look up anslinger

heres a snippet.

The early laws against the cannabis drugs were passed with little public attention. Concern about marijuana was related primarily to the fear that marijuana use would spread, even among whites, as a substitute for the opiates. It is largely believed that the early prohibititive marijuana laws were a racist response to the popularity of the drug among Mexicans .

then do some research on the MJ stamp system.

a nice little trap for mexicans.

[edit on 17/2/09 by Obliv_au]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join