It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Declares Form of Vitamin B6 a Drug

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

www.liveleak.com

The FDA has effectively banned a naturally-occurring form of vitamin B6 called pyridoxamine by declaring it to be a drug, reports the American Association for Health Freedom. Responding to a petition filed by a drug company, the FDA declared pyridoxamine to be "a new drug."

The FDA's war on Mother Nature
It's not the first time the FDA has declared a natural molecule to be a "drug" while attacking nutritional supplements that contain the same molecule. A similar story unfolded with red yeast rice and the lovastatin molecules it contains that lower high cholesterol. The drug companies engaged in biopiracy, ripping off the molecule from red yeast rice to make their now-famous "statin drugs." Once the statin drugs were patented, Big Pharma and the FDA went after red yeast rice, claiming the supplement was "adulterated with pharmaceuticals."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Seems the pharmaceutical companys have been bribing the FDA again to get there way. I guess in the future they will come out with a protein in a pill and call it a new drug then ban food all together. I guess the book natural cures they don't want you to know about isn't all b.s. When is somebody going to stand up to these guys and say enough is enough.

www.liveleak.com

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I am holding up my first 3 fingers, read between the lines, that is what I think of you, FDA.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Heres a link to Wikipedia on the book I mentioned above.Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About

Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About is a book written by Kevin Trudeau promoting a variety of non-drug and non-surgical cures for many diseases. Trudeau accuses pharmaceutical companies and the United States government of censoring these products and methods on the basis that it would cut into their profit-margin.

The book has been the focus of much controversy since its publication, with widespread accusations of fraud. The New York State Consumer Protection Board issued a warning in 2005 that the book "does not contain the 'natural cures' for cancer and other diseases that Trudeau is promising." It asserted that "Trudeau is not only misrepresenting the contents of his self-published book, he is also using false endorsements to encourage consumers to buy Natural Cures They Don’t Want You to Know About."[1] The Board also alleged that Trudeau is selling the consumer's contact information to other marketers without their consent and hitting purchasers with unauthorized charges.[2]

Natural Cures has sold more than 3 million copies and remained on The New York Times best-seller list for over nine weeks

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
And the war against Vitamins starts today!!

Wonderfull, I had a friend a few years ago say that they would systematically start banning vitamins and the FDA would attempt to control the food we eat.

Well seems step 2 is already complete with the Modified Crop Seeds and now the Vitamins can have they're share of the oppression as well.

Good job USA....Good Job...

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Heres a link to a story that came out I guess to back up there support of banning something healthy by making people beleive the vitamin is useless. But yet they will create a drug from it and sell it to you for a couple hundred dollars a month. Stop wasting money on vitamins!!!

An article in the February 9 issue of Archives of Internal Medicine reported that multivitamin use did not protect the 161,808 postmenopausal women enrolled in the Women's Health I More..nitiative Study from common forms of cancer, heart attacks, or strokes. And the numbers of deaths during the 8 years of the study were the same in vitamin users as in non-users. Still, it is important to recognize that this was an observational study, not a more meaningful clinical trial. Although these findings apply only to women, other studies have failed to show benefits of multivitamins in older men.

These results are not at all surprising for several reasons. No large study has shown that multivitamins significantly benefit healthy men and women. In addition, for some years physicians prescribed folic acid and vitamins B12 and B6 in the hopes of preventing heart attacks and strokes by lowering blood levels of homocysteine. (High blood levels of homocysteine are associated with an increased risk of coronary and other vascular diseases.) A number of recent studies, however, have shown that, while these vitamins do lower homocysteine levels, they do not prevent heart attacks or strokes.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Vitamin B6 helps you remember your dreams. I have verified myself.

Now with all the dream manipulation going on you can counteract the effects by remembering the dreams consciously.

If you can't remember your dreams then the "programming" goes straight into the subconscious without being hindered.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Seems that they have banned or planning to ban vitamins in Europe as well. Next thing they will do is have food with no natural vitamins in them so that you have to take drugs to get any benefits of foods.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Heres a link to Wikipedia on the book I mentioned above.Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About

Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About is a book written by Kevin Trudeau promoting a variety of non-drug and non-surgical cures for many diseases. Trudeau accuses pharmaceutical companies and the United States government of censoring these products and methods on the basis that it would cut into their profit-margin.

The book has been the focus of much controversy since its publication, with widespread accusations of fraud. The New York State Consumer Protection Board issued a warning in 2005 that the book "does not contain the 'natural cures' for cancer and other diseases that Trudeau is promising." It asserted that "Trudeau is not only misrepresenting the contents of his self-published book, he is also using false endorsements to encourage consumers to buy Natural Cures They Don’t Want You to Know About."[1] The Board also alleged that Trudeau is selling the consumer's contact information to other marketers without their consent and hitting purchasers with unauthorized charges.[2]

Natural Cures has sold more than 3 million copies and remained on The New York Times best-seller list for over nine weeks

Don't buy that book. It's a scam. It's basically a magazine in book form. You buy it, and then it has pages upon pages of information that redirects you to more crap you have to buy to get to these Natural Cures. They give you a couple of free examples, but that's all you get. Basically, you buy the book, and you're getting an infomercial in book form, and that's it. It's ridiculous. How do I know? Because I fell for it, and bought it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

It wasn't my intention to get people to by the book. After what you say im sorry I used it as an example of how they try to ban natrual substances to make you buy pills. Thanks for the warning on the book.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
someone, please, stop FDA!
before it is too late...

safety of US citizens???
WTF?

S+F.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

www.liveleak.com

The FDA has effectively banned a naturally-occurring form of vitamin B6 called pyridoxamine by declaring it to be a drug, reports the American Association for Health Freedom. Responding to a petition filed by a drug company, the FDA declared pyridoxamine to be "a new drug."

The FDA's war on Mother Nature
It's not the first time the FDA has declared a natural molecule to be a "drug" while attacking nutritional supplements that contain the same molecule. A similar story unfolded with red yeast rice and the lovastatin molecules it contains that lower high cholesterol. The drug companies engaged in biopiracy, ripping off the molecule from red yeast rice to make their now-famous "statin drugs." Once the statin drugs were patented, Big Pharma and the FDA went after red yeast rice, claiming the supplement was "adulterated with pharmaceuticals."

WAKE UP TO CODEX ALIMENTARIUS THIS LIKE MANY OTHER MOTIONS ARE JUST BRICKS IN THE ROAD ALONG THE WAY TO CODEX!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You can't patent "nature"!!! This is flipping sick, who lets this crap pass? People need to get messed up for collusion! This is clearly rich dudes making deals and excluding others by doing so, or damaging other peoples chances. Vomit.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If only ATS user JackInTheBox was still around...

..Or is he?

Well, it would seem Codex Alimentarius is well under way. Humanity is screwed, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I believe I've heard that the FDA is run by big pharm CEOs.
Is this correct?
If so, it's no wonder.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I've read that vitamin b6 deficiency can give rise to depression and anxiety - the vitamin plays a role in converting tryptophan to serotonin. Some people don't realise that the causes of mood disorders such as depression may be as simple as a vitamin deficiency and instead of taking these vitamins, they take powerful anti-depressants which possibly do more harm than good.

My guess is that the purpose of banning vitamins such as b6 is so that more people will turn to anti-depressants to treat their conditions when it's not necessary. I've experienced depression/anxiety and I do have a vitamin B12 deficiency. I find that taking B12 every day is a great help and it feels so much better than taking anti-depressants (I had taken anti-depressants for a year - probably the worst period of my life).

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hey FDA- why don't you stop worrying about "cracking down" on vitamins (I'm sure you'll do a bang up job and all...
NOT) and start focusing on the peanut issue!

Every 6 months there's salmonella in some kind of vegetable or daily food product we eat and its always out of control, yet these fools continuously decide to go after things like vitamin b6. The name alone shows how ridiculous this is...VITAMIN....

Give me a break! More proof that we're being led by idiots. You can't trust anyone anymore honestly...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I read this 3 nights ago...i was gunna post here about it, but didnt have time. This is an outrage indeed. I am 33, and have been a whole vitamin user, since i was 12, my dad got me into them, as well as working out. Ive learned alot about the FDA, since joining this magnificient and world=renoun of information site
You never hear about vitmamins in the news or commercials having side effects, of anal bleeding, paranoia, 72 hou erections, hearing voices, and slight internal bleeding...and thats jsut for a stomach remedy!!! It seems unfortunalty, big business and pharma are manioulating us, so we have to use their products...no competiveness.
I think we all herek, at least shuold send angry and concerned emails to FDA, and tell them, we are telling as many others aas we know...so they dont buy yuor drugs. Pass the word,t o gorw and eat organinc only, take your vitamins
and live a healhty life.,,that should keep those drugs at a spending minimal

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Or even better~~~Email president obama, as a concerend registered taxpaying citizen, that FDA NEEDs to be probed, looked into for corruption, and regulated..

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You are acting as though the FDA has banned this stuff, but in reality they simply want you to be under the care of a physician if you are taking it. It obviously has some side effects that can be dangerous if taken incorrectly. The red rice you mention in the OP were the same way, they could have serious ramifications on a persons liver if not taken correctly. Most the drugs out there, whether they are over the counter or not, come from naturally occurring substances. If you don't believe me look into many botany books and you will see how many drugs are extracted from plants, but then are refined and concentrated by the pharmaceutical companies.

You can still get the vitamins, but you need a script from a doctor now to get it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join