It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy social drinkers show brain damage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Heavy social drinkers show the same pattern of brain damage as hospitalized alcoholics -- enough to impair day-to-day functioning, U.S. researchers said Wednesday.

www.cnn.com...

Just thought this deserved a place in the Medical forum, what do you think about labels on alcohol just like cigerettes?

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by thedarkprojekt]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
ummmmmmm....no offense but isn't this kind of obvious? more alcohol = more damage to the brain. it's just common sense. u don't need to be a scientist to figure that out.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well scientists are conducting the studies proving this so obviously science is playing a role and now you have the solid proof to back your claim up..

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
but we've done lots of experiments on this in the past and they all pointed to the same result: alcohol causes brain damage. y would u have to go on and do a study on whether heavy social drinking is bad?!?!? we get the point! alcohol is bad. we've know that for decades now and this was posted on cnn like....today? u'd seriously have to lack a looooot of common sense to not see this.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Who's "we" you havn't done the studies you've heard word of mouth, besides if you bothered to read below the link you'd see the question I proposed. This isn't a place to bring people down its a forum, respect that read the entire post, and for god's sake brush up on the grammer.

Deny ignorance...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I've done personal experiments and found that SilQ is telling the truth. However, I haven't done so much damage as to think that the letters "y" and "u" are actually words in and of themselves!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarkprojekt
Who's "we" you havn't done the studies you've heard word of mouth, besides if you bothered to read below the link you'd see the question I proposed. This isn't a place to bring people down its a forum

well technically, u haven't done the experiments either and i've not only heard it by word of mouth i've read it in text books and i have slices of brains of alcoholics on my desk since i'm an undergrad working to major in neuroscience. u on the other hand only heard of this current experiment on the web. o and by the way, i'm not bringing down ur forum. i'm just stating facts when in actuality, ur the one who's bringing ME down and ignoring basic, simple facts. also, by "u," i'm referring to the scientists but in the last sentence, i'm referring to the scientists.

P.S. i dont care about grammar when i'm on a forum...it's just to type faster and i wouldn't be taking advice on grammar from some1 who says, "This isn't a place to bring people down its a forum." WTF IS THAT?!?!??!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I dont like this thread please remove it(j/k) heavy drinking as we all know not only damages the brain as you can all see from me
but screws up the liver as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
"what do you think about labels on alcohol just like cigerettes?"

Well, they could but I haven't heard of one report linking alcohol and lung cancer.

Oops, forgot to add the...

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
"what do you think about labels on alcohol just like cigerettes?"

Well, they could but I haven't heard of one report linking alcohol and lung cancer.

dont they already have labels on alcohol?
"HEALTH WARNING: Alcohol in beer, wine & liquor can cause intoxication, addiction, birth defects."
or is this just in florida?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
�GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.

I think this qualifies as a health warning. This is off the side of the beer that I am drinking right now.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
there we go! thank u, para! that's the one that i was looking for. the author obviously has no experience with alcohol.

(and if ur under 21, thats a good thing)

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
there we go! thank u, para! that's the one that i was looking for. the author obviously has no experience with alcohol.

(and if ur under 21, thats a good thing)

Actually the author does, that was an error on my part. Canada doesn't have the warning labels

P.S im glad i don't drink your American piss water j/k

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by thedarkprojekt]

new topics

top topics

join