It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans for a small EMP device?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense
Yeah interesting post. I actually did some looking into this myself a while back and came upon the schematics for an EMP bomb that they used in Desert Storm. But that's not what u want. Basically you want a way to concentrate a pulse of (most likely) radio waves in a direction to overload the ciruitry of a PC. Get a radio transmitter and use a bunch of capacitors to boost the signal strength really high.

Oh, and about nuking a city to catch a criminal, nukes emit EMP bursts.

But really, just find/write a program that crashes the head onto the disk while speeding up a disk's RPMs. (Yes, I think this is possible)

PM or POPSCI did a full layout one time of how to build an EMP bomb, it had enough kick to take out a city block and only cost $300. I'll see if I can find my copy and scan it.

And for everyone else who says a nuke is the only way you're wrong. As explained in the article I have, as long as there is an explosion forcing the waves outward you can disable electronics, in fact the blast doesn't have to be more than an m-80 to work effectively and can go undetected.

The military currently has these devices available that are the size of a can of peanuts.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
You can use a microwave oven magnetron to create a relatively small (would fit inside the area of a bar fridge) HERF gun. Not really an EMP, but it would be short range, low power, and will disrupt microelectronics until you stop firing. I've always envisioned building one into the bed of a truck and replacing the tailgate with composite...
Try not to shoot yourself though. I hear cancer sucks.

Autowrench:
This is true. This "gun" will fry electronics if left on target long enough...would be best used mounted beneath bumper on vehicle, must have a 1100 Watt 12 volt power inverter, you need 110 V to operate the magnetron. These can easily be built, and when the SHTF could be used to fry cell tower electronics and other snooping and mind control devices, and traffic cameras. Nice to have one of these filed away.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Autowrench you sound like you have used such a device before. It sounds very interesting to say the least. I might have to build one myself some day it sounds that interesting. I suspect it is very dangerous though if someone got in front of the bumper and stayed there for a while.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I noticed all the 200kw magnetrons were "sold out." Watch the military surplus sales, or contact a military surplus dealer.

Or if you can build your own magnetrons, to really soup it up, you can build up quite an energy charge with a bank of hicaps.

Should be good for more than a mile.

But use it, and you'll be hunted like John Dillinger.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Did anyone of you had a layout EMP bomb? I would be thankful if anyone could forward it to me?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't have one myself never felt the need to get one but I like shotgun or gun idea myself. A nice .357 magnum would probably do the job in a big way. Or even a sledgehammer would do the job, better idea, no guns or emp's needed.

By the way you are probably on some type of a watch list now for asking this question.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't have one myself never felt the need to get one but I like shotgun or gun idea myself. A nice .357 magnum would probably do the job in a big way. Or even a sledgehammer would do the job, better idea, no guns or emp's needed.

By the way you are probably on some type of a watch list now for asking this question. Me, too for replying.

edit on 5-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

top topics

<< 1   >>

join