It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texans report fireball in sky, sonic booms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Texans report fireball in sky, sonic booms

edition.cnn.com

CNN) -- Sonic booms and at least one fireball in the sky were reported in Texas on Sunday, less than a week after two satellites collided in space and a day after the Federal Aviation Administration asked U.S. pilots to watch for "falling space debris," authorities said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
the video was taken down. let's see if we can get it. from teh picture it looks like the crowds are running. that should mean it was fairly slow moving. i know asteroids can zip across the sky in less than a second or two. it must be a satellite for people to have enough time to start filming and try to make a run for it.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I posted a working link to the video in this earlier post on the same subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

eb

edit:
They are not running from the fireball, the video is of a road race and the fireball is seen in the background.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Razmear23]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
They are definitely not running from the fireball.

A local cameraman covering a marathon inadvertently filmed the fireball. I have not been able to view the video on CNN's website though at this time.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The Link on, The CNN website was taken down but you can find it on the video section of the site. The Object in the video seems to change direction near the very end. I understand that meteors and asteroids don’t change directions!
Could this be some sort of secret government spacecraft? I think the story about the two satellites that collided a week earlier may be a cover story.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ah man, I missed it

Maybe it is a prelude to something bigger? I'll keep my fingers crossed. There are more and more reports of anomolies currently I have noticed!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I remember hearing Space Shuttle Colombia
But did not hear anything pertaining to this subject.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hmmm.... One has to wonder why it seems to happen over Texas more often than expected, that things collide or explode in the sky, no? I live in the general Austin area and did not hear or see anything (though, admittedly inside working.. with windows open though.

I was living north of Dallas when the shuttle exploded overhead a few years ago. I happened to be outside grabbing the morning paper when I saw it. Scared the CRAP out of me! I could not believe what I was seeing in the brightness of the morning sun and ran in to grab my (then) newborn son and toddler... turned on the news and found out that we were quite alright.
*whew*

But, this is the 3rd occurance in the last, what.. 5 or 6 years (that we KNOW of)... all due to manmade technology, over texas. Nice.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Justamomma:

Texas is freakin big. Reason one. Reason two, we have Johnson Space Center, plus I think at least two of the nation's l argest airports? I think the chances are just greater.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Has anyon seen the CNN video, I do believe that the object makes an attempt to pull out of the dive or has some shape other than round. The shape almost looks like wings or edges.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
why cant i see the CNN video???? been watching it on bbc news though and its pretty awesome!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
i agree its probably an old piece of sputnik but it looks like a big piece something is probably left over but why did cnn pull the video how come they dont pull the video on the new treasury guy you know the guy who doesnt pay his taxes his eyes are kinda beady and move around alot when hes makin up stuff

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I wonder....

It streaked across the Central Texas sky Sunday morning in a bright yellow flash with a boom, leaving a trail of smoke. The FAA thought it might be from Russia

snip

It turned out it wasn't debris from Tuesday's collision of two satellites over Russia after all, according to the Domestic Events Network of the Federal Aviation Administration.

link

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
My first post...WOO HOOO......

But it looks like it IS NOT satellite debris.......

Military officials say they dont know what it is, but its not satellite debris...

From the article

The U.S. Strategic Command said there was no connection to the sightings over Texas and Tuesday's collision of satellites from the U.S. and Russia. "There is no correlation between the debris from that collision and those reports of re-entry," said Maj. Regina Winchester, with STRATCOM.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cha49

I love it,
We cant keep track of thus sattelites, which is why they crashed,
but we can keep track of the thousands of peices of debree, and declare

'' this isnt parts of the sat's ''

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It's not as farfetched as it sounds.

I think it's more that they know the general position of the debris cloud, and can rule out that it would have been over Texas at a given point in time.

Here is the new location of the CNN video.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
2 days ago, there was a similar incident in Kentucky. It was widely reported on the internet, but not a hint in the MSM. Wonder how long this will go on...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Changes directions....sure buddy
. It's either a meteorite or some fallen space debris....either way there is nothing suspicious about it.....geeez you people are always reaching. I saw this on the news and made a comment about how someone on here would be reading too much into it...
. I think this is the third thread on this.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by riggs2099]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I wonder if this event had anything to do with this thread / news story...

Possible Satellite Debris Falling Across The Region

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN JACKSON HAS RECEIVED CALLS THIS EVENING FROM THE PUBLIC CONCERNING POSSIBLE EXPLOSIONS AND...OR EARTHQUAKES ACROSS THE AREA. THE FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION HAS REPORTED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT THAT THESE EVENTS ARE BEING CAUSED BY FALLING SATELLITE DEBRIS. THESE PIECES OF DEBRIS HAVE BEEN CAUSING SONIC BOOMS...RESULTING IN THE VIBRATIONS BEING FELT BY SOME RESIDENTS...AS WELL AS FLASHES OF LIGHT ACROSS THE SKY. THE CLOUD OF DEBRIS IS LIKELY THE RESULT OF THE RECENT IN ORBIT COLLISION OF TWO SATELLITES ON TUESDAY...FEBRUARY 10TH WHEN KOSMOS 2251 CRASHED INTO IRIDIUM 33.

-ChriS

[edit on 16-2-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Here's a link from the bbc: news.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join