It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quickening: accelerated Karma to 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That's exactly how it works yeah.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Season 1 of Buffy! I thought the harvest sounded familiar but couldn't put my finger on it until your post. There were so many themes in that series that helped me figure out how the demon dimensions work and their interference in life in this reality. It's often difficult to know what things are forces from elsewhere and which are parts of me that need rescuing from the separation that I forced them into. It does seem that the problems with which I struggle stem from more than just this one lifetime. Buffy was lucky in a way that the demons with whom she dealt were tangible. Ours seem trickier because they are as apt to be inside of us as outside.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

In other words the gray areas as disappearing, the good are good and the bad are truly bad.

I believe the 'Grey Areas' disappeared altogether already. That time has passed.....your either in or your not.
You can feel it.....you KNOW who you are. Your either service to self or service to others.
You look around you and you can see so many people so lost in drama.

Something profound IS taking place.

The problem with dis-atatching ones expectations from events is that you can then be so far distanced from them as to seem like you care not a whit for anything....but I think that IS the ultimate human experience, & it is separateness....because at the base of everything we ARE one. This is how one can end up in the service to self trap I think....

I think we are here to learn to love something or someone MORE than ourselves. That is the given task. We need to care more about the group as a whole than our own needs. the ~Pay it Forward~ factor needs to be already in full swing working in your life.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I do feel this is indeed leading to something and the best way I can think to describe it is magical. I think all of this is above religion and the rest of the things injected into our lives to keep the cultural mechanism running.

I am under the assumption that all of this will continue to grow clearer and more people will realize apathy is not an option. Then it will get really exciting.

There is no such thing as a coincidence just a connection we are yet to understand.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by peregrine13]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

2012 is a date. It will come and pass and wont feel any different than they day before. What we are experiencing now is not a date but an era. 2012 is in the middle of this era and is more like an anchor point, a way for our minds to sort it all out for time is a loop, a circle that is around us not a straight line we follow.

We follow this line so we do not get lost.

2012 is an anchor point.

This is one of the most sensible things Ive seen wrote about 2012. We can not let 2012 become a date that all will become, it is just another date, we cant allow it to fill us with fear. Ive been as guilty as the next person allowing myself to become part of the hype, but now I am starting to see, your right it is an era, and not an end of days.

This should become a new mantra "2012 is just another date"

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I do not fear 2012. The only feelings I have is hope......I do not believe or disbelieve anything, because I have no idea what the future holds.

By the way how many of you are depressed on a regular basis?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Since I started listening to my heart....REALLY listening to it...never.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Since I started listening to my heart....REALLY listening to it...never.

And how does that work?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've been talking to people lately about a sense of 'stasis' being lifted from myself and those I know. Which is to say that lives always move up and down, on waves, but that it felt that for a very long time up and down was the only direction. Now it feels that anchors are being drawn in and lives are moving in other directions.

It's unfortunate, perhaps, that I don't see positive directions for everyone I know, but it's a strange sense that I experience around people that they are moving in either a 'constructive' or 'destructive' direction.

A better way of saying it is that their lives are like trees. Some are bearing fruit and some are withering, some are finding themselves finally resistant to pestilence after years of being besieged while others are finally succumbing to infestation. I don't think this speaks to the ultimate course of their lives, but it's what it feels like right now. Almost as if the pieces have been put in place, the moves planned, and now the game is being played out.

For myself, I noticed this a bit over a year ago. An incident I've spoken about here before. Though lately I've been able to trace back to events from around 1995 which clued me in, to a very limited extent, about what lay ahead. It was at that point that instead of treading water, I let myself sink. Then I learned to breathe down there before learning to tread water again. Now I'm learning to swim. Although fully aware that whatever direction I swim in, the horizon is always ahead of me.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I haven't felt depressed in years. I do have moments where I cry, generally while experiencing a particularly powerful piece of art, be it a movie, music, book or anything else. I think Ricky Fitts put it rather aptly-

"And that's the day I realized there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in."

But depressed, not a chance.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This has to be the most positive like minded group I have seen in a thread on any board. All of you/us are contributing to a really wonderful feeling here.

This makes me feel so good and so happy. I cant wait until Zyisn5 has a chance to read it all and comments! I made this thread for you buddy. You inspired it and you inspire me, all my love to you.

If you have not flagged this thread then please do so we can let everyone on ats see the good work of positive energy we can all create.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I guess I'm depressed every now and again, because most of my life I've had bad luck. I cannot remember a time when I've been truly happy, ever. I sometimes feel like I'm cursed, no matter what I do, bad luck puts me down.

Some people don't realise that some people just have bad luck, they assume there are many other reasons, but in the end it's bad luck. I'm sure there are others like me on here.

But when I'm not depressed and even when I am depressed(I hide it very well,I'm an oscar winning actor in a way), I'm a very positive, fun type guy, very random, spontanious, live in the moment type guy. I guess this is what keeps me going. I never give up. NEVER.

Now of course there are plenty of people who have WAY more bad luck than me, but that does not make me feel better, it makes me feel worse. Because I have compassion for them...It's actually the MAIN reason I get depressed, I'm too empathic.

Maybe this is what life is about, to learn from this, to evolve from it, to mature from it all, to learn from the experience. The future is always open for change. Odds are that good luck should come one day.

The way the world is now, if your never depressed, then I hope you know how truly lucky you are. I'm happy for you.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
all days change and fade according to the will of the increate
each leaf is her breathe manifest
i am but an ever changing stranger who seeks the light
all suffering is apparently inherent
why must it be so
i have it easy yet queasy the stomach
when i view mans tatters from the mount on the summit
im soon removed from it as back to earth quickly i plummet

many will perish in the coming days
many have perished already
i cannot let this thing happen
i must become the great avenger
help me my brethren
tether yourself to me
let us expand and contract as the lung
breath is all that we have left

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

How we grow spiritually in these times depends how we handle these changes. Do you become twisted and bitter? Or more strong and compassionate? Put up more barriers or break through all barriers and finally kill the ego and become love.

I become more strong and compassionate for sure! I believe that becoming twisted and bitter will make you become part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Positive emotions will help heal the world. If you make one person smile, he/she will feel better, therefore he/she will might make another person smile and so on and so on until it spreads to hundreds even thousands or millions.

If you spread hatred and anger, the same thing happens, it spreads to everybody, in all shapes and forms.

e.g Father is angry at the world, so he beats his kid daily when drunk, the kid goes to school full of anger and takes out his anger on another kid by bullying him, the kid who gets bullied goes home and takes out his anger on a kitten by hurting it. His sister upset with him cries to her mother, their mother upset goes to work and it continues to spread on and on. See how one action spreads?

LOL it's a silly example but you get my point.

That's why we need to try and be part of the solution and not the problem. Stay positive.

Does everyone agree?

Peace.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just being around this thread feels good.

Hope all are having a wonderful day today!

Live in love.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris

I am proud to say I know very little and there is so much more to learn.

One of the greatest gifts humanity can ask for.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just to add voice to the thinking that something is happening/changing.
Maybe it is just the economic heebee geebees... thats causing my woe.
I can smell something cooking, just can work out if I like it.

Two other ATS threads of interest:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don't believe in all this 'enlightenment' stuff, nor 2012, but I thought I'd add my strange karma experience that took place over the weekend.

I was in town on Friday morning to grab some breakfast and a computer game. Pretty selfish purchases, with no real value.

I passed a Red Cross worker collecting for the bushfires and chose to give her the $20 I was carrying instead, and returned home.

That night, for the first time in several years, I went down to the local RSL club for a few hours.

I turned my $40 into around $360 on the poker machines. It was literally like any I touched just started going berserk. Then I won the $200 club member draw.

I came home a happy man.

Then on Sunday I visited a different club for a few hours to take my mother out for a while.

I turned $40 then into $500... no joke.

It was as if karma was rewarding me this weekend for not being selfish on the Friday.

I'm not going to push my luck though. No more clubs again for a long time now. This cash, with the little I had put away, is a payment on a car.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Something perhaps related (or not) is that more recently I have been having "flashes" of being elsewhere-- not necessarily visual but just at least a sensation of a different "gestalt" of mental activity. It "pops" like a few rapid camera flashes. When it happens the sensation is quite similar to that remaining after dreaming. I can be about doing anything at all. I do not lose any awareness of what's around me nor have trouble maintaining my bearings in this world.

This has been within the last few weeks. Has anyone heard of such a thing? What's it about? I don't care if you simply feel I'm losing my head; I don't think I am. It is simply unfamiliar yet unthreatening.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

I think many of us here are drawn to the thread because we feel maybe we might find others that feel the way we do. Or have experienced some of the same things we have.

In the world you are probably the majority where we feel the minority. Are we different or we special. No we are just the same as you and everyone else out there. Age might have a lot to do with what we notice in our lives. Time may also have a lot to do with it also. Social life also I'm sure. Many of us that are on this thread probably have time or jobs that we can do a lot of self searching with.

Are we better than others. I hope we don't think so. I have seen many people that think they know everything. They get the big head. You see the spirituality they preach is like that of any organized religion. What I say is law just can't cut it when for everyone a different path they may have. What works for one might not work for anyone else.

What you call coincidence I call connections. I look back at my life I look back at history and I see connections that bring things about. I know my thoughts I know what becomes of my thoughts.

I was amazed this past year. IMHO Obama got the presidency dealing a lot with the color of his skin. You may disagree but thats my opinion. If I am correct in that asumption I could say it was because of slavery in this country. That wouldn't be the start now would it? I guess we would really have to go back to the beginning of slavery and how it came about for a man to hold the highest office in the world because of his color. Thats why I call it connections not coincidence. Everything seems to be connected.

Is it an awakening or just gaining clearer focus on life and the world around us? We are never always the teacher. More than likely we are usually the student. I sometimes wonder if anyone should be a teacher in dealing with this line of thoughts since no one has the correct answer for everyone. I would think more like helper would be a better term.

I think one thing we do seem to have more so than most people is belief and faith in what we can't see. People tell me I'm the bravest person they know on things that I have done in life. I tell them I'm not brave I just have belief and faith and know it will be alright.I'm one of those people they say takes leaps of faith. I've done things in life that sane rational people would never think about doing because they look at the what if factor. I don't look at the what if factor. I just believe.

May I ask you something? I'm going to anyway thats just the way I am. lol

What do you think draws you to these kinds of threads? Why do you think you are drawn to them?

We do need people that don't see things in the same light as we do and call us and check us on it. It keeps us grounded so we don't get the big head and become our own worst nightmare.

Thank you my friend for the post I appreicate it it makes me stop and do a ego check

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join