It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are from the Heart of Dixie come on in a say hello.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I been here at ATS for a couple of months and have recently been wondering how many fellow Alabamians are here on ATS/BTS. So if you are from the Heart of Dixie come on in and say hello.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I know I'm not from the Heart of Dixie but I'll stop in.

Howdeeeeeeeeee Ant!!!!

Just because I'm not down in the Heart of Dixie, doesn't mean that I ain't from a river valley or a holler from South of the Mason Dixon Line. Believe it or not Ant, some people think that the Mason Dixon Line stops at the Southwest corner of Pennsylvania. When in fact it turns north and then it follows the Ohio River south to the Mississippi River.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Alabama isn't all that special.

Georgia girl here.....

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Yeah I know Gimme it gets up there a little bit, almost too high for my liking

reply to post by skeptic1

Oh and Georgia is so great. peaches I believe are the only thing any good in Georgia. I am kidding Skeppy I have been to Thomasville Georgia and a few other southern areas and found it is a quite beautiful place.

Thanks again for the posts.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hey skep.

Oh and but...............

If heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, I don't wanna go!!!
If heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, I just as might stay home!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

What was that redneck joke....????

People will be surprised when they get to heaven and St. Peter's at the pearly gates and says "Y'all git on in the truck; we're goin' up to the big house".

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Actually what I posted wasn't a redneck joke at all.
It's actually the name of a song that Hank Williams Jr did back in the early 1980s.

If it sounded like that skeppy, I'm sowwie!!

Forgive me skep?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I am Southern enough to know Hank..... :shk:

I was just making a point...... :shk:

[edit on 2/15/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Easy now Skeppy and Gimme we are all brothers and sisters of the south here. We must ge along. I agree hell or New York City would be the same to me.

Let's no forget Lynard Slynard famous words
"Sweet Home Alabama"

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You know skeppy.....................

THere are some parts in the south (mostly around where I live) that would absolutely frighten the hell out of people. Then again, there may be parts in the north that would scare the pants off of us. Then there are places that will skeer anybody that's not familiar with an area.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

This is true, Gimme and because of you being in the south and your pride in the south the Heart of Dixie extends itself to you. Not sure about Skeppy thow. Ain't to sure she's Dixie material yet.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Excuse me??? Remember, don't make me mad, Ant!!!

I am about as Southern as one can get. People here have heard my accent and there's no way I could fake it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I retract my statement. I have learned many important life lessons from po'ed red headed southern women
. The most important lesson I learned was shut up and get the hell out of the way

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

You reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shouldn't have uh said that Ant. That's a good way to be lure into the swamps only to never be seen again.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I don't do swamps, where I am from they're not too many swamps so not familiar with proper procedures in navigating swamps so Unless it is an absolute must I won't be dealing with any swamps.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here's another thang about dah South that I have learned.......

Just about any fire department here have members that are all volunteer. Take West Virginia, out of about 450 - 460 fire departments. Almost all of our departments are volunteer.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I will blame in on how many rural communities are in the south. It’s mostly just the big southern cities that you actually get paid to be a fireman.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's the same exact way here too Ant.

I live in Kanawha County here in West By Gawd Virginia. We have thirty two departments here in the entire county. Out of those thirty two departments, only six departments have full-time, paid members. The names of the departments I've listed below.

Yeager Airport Rescue.
Charleston.
South Charleston.
Dunbar.
Saint Albans.
Nitro.

Those are the only paid departments here in the entire county.
The other twenty six are strictly volunteer.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400

Believe it or not Ant, some people think that the Mason Dixon Line stops at the Southwest corner of Pennsylvania. When in fact it turns north and then it follows the Ohio River south to the Mississippi River.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by gimmefootball400]

Ya know, it's kinda funny I have a lot of friends in South Louisiana that seem to think ANYONE living north of Interstate 10 is a Yankee! LOL

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
[I don't care who you are but...........

That's the really Deep South righ dere!!! If they think that anyone living north of I-10 is a Yankee, then I guess the same thing goes for I-20 and I-40. I must be a Yankee then cause I'm north of both interstates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join