It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ONLY Genetically Modified Seeds available in the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If our food source gets controlled by the "elite" then we lost..........
No food, no energy, no life.....

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Ya'll just come on down south, we have seeds! It is pretty much tradition here that seeds are passed down, my hubby has seeds that are many generations old now, passed down through his mom's family, last year our tomatoes were so delicious, and next year the seeds we saved will be shared, along with peppers, squash, zuchinni, potatoes, corn, cucumbers, carrots, radish, and many others. How can these companies stop folks like us from passing these heritage seeds down? As long as people do this we will always have a supply of normal seeds.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

That's great!
But I think it's going scarce because traditional farming has been pretty much attacked. For now, they don't actually stop you directly, but they do in a way? Lack of support, going out of business in favour of assembly line style farming etc.

I don't think the seeds I can go out and buy now for a little veggie garden will even produce seeds? I thought I'd have to keep buying them every year, but I'm not sure about that one it's just the impression I have for some reason.

But yup keep it up, it's good there are people like your hubby keeping em

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What if, just what IF....nobody would buy Monsanto's seeds anymore but produce their own?
Would Monsanto sue them all? Would be a hell lot of lawsuits.........

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
We as people have to start making more noise. This cannot keep going on. FDA, Pharm campanies, monsanto are ruining America. Corporate America is corrupts as ever before and they are slowly taking away our rights and freedoms. I also hear Monsanto might patent a breed of pig they have genetically altered. If so then whats next ?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
We as people have to start making more noise. This cannot keep going on. FDA, Pharm campanies, monsanto are ruining America. Corporate America is corrupts as ever before and they are slowly taking away our rights and freedoms. I also hear Monsanto might patent a breed of pig they have genetically altered. If so then whats next ?

Yeah, next thing you know they will try do something insane
like patent your genes !

Gene patents may lead to needless deaths of the poor

Oh snap !

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by slidebyem

GM corpps kill the environment, usually not the people.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

etc. ain#t got time. just search for starlink corn and you'll get more like

too.

GMOs do not deliver on their promises, they are a way to control the food - and you. search for Codex Alimentarius while you are at it - on this board.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here another article about Mansanto: Monsanto's Bt Cotton Kills Soil As Well As Farmers

www.organicconsumers.org...

A recent scientific study carried out by Navdanya, compared the soil of fields where Bt-cotton had been planted for 3 years with adjoining fields with non GMO cotton or other crops. The region covered included Nagpur, Amravati and Wardha of Vidharbha which accounts for highest GMO cotton planting in India, and the highest rate of farmers suicides (4000 per year).

In 3 years, Bt-cotton has reduced the population of Actinomycetes by 17%. Actinomycetes are vital for breaking down cellulose and creating humus.

Bacteria were reduced by 14%. The total microbial biomass was reduced by 8.9%.

Vital soil beneficial enzymes which make nutrients available to plants have also been drastically reduced. Acid Phosphatase which contributes to uptake of phosphates was reduced by 26.6%. Nitrogenase enzymes which help fix nitrogen were reduced by 22.6%.

At this rate, in a decade of planting with GM cotton, or any GM crop with Bt genes in it, could lead to total destruction of soil organisms, leaving dead soil unable to produce food.

The ISAAA in its recent release has stated that there are 7.6 mha of Bt-cotton in India. This means 7.6 mha of dying soils.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Codex Alimentarus. Is any one else in here paying attention to the warning we were given almost two years ago??? This is mearly the meager beginings of the total system. just wait about anothe 11 months and then we will see the true horror effects of this plan to replace foods and supliments.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

Agree! The FDA is already banning natural herbal supplements and certain vitamins!

Our food is almost totally controlled as well, same with water! Concerning....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join