It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - meteor like object with sonic boom above Dallas and Austin Texas!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Fireball identified as bolide.

Fox reporting: www.myfoxdfw.com...

Brush fire in Hubbard, Texas, on Sunday
could have been sparked by debris from an outer space
bolide: www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I've been searching this story on the internet all day. I called Channel 8 in Austin to determine the exact location of the cameraman.

They told me he was at the corner of San Jacinto and Duval, facing N-NW. I was able to pick out some of the buildings from his video and compare them to Google Earth so at least the location is confirmed.

I then determine an approximate trajectory of this thing based on what I've learned so far.

I found a few other reports from people as far North as Ponder, TX and the gentleman that was being interviewd described the trajectory he saw to a police officer.

Based on all the witness acounts frmo the interviews that have been all over the TV today, and an apparant grass fire at about the same time this happened, it appears this thing came down somewhere in the vicinity of Penelope or Hubbard, TX, just North East of Waco, and south of the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

There was a report on one of the news stations that some debris had been located and was "turned over to government officials" but I doubt that will ever surface. Now all the reporters are telling everyone not to touch anything they find.

Now everyone this afternoon is saying it was a meteor???

I have a problem with the whole "meteor" theory.

A: We track these things. One astronomer being interviewed said it had to be the size of a pickup truck. We didn't see this coming? Something the size of a pickup truck isn't being tracked by NORAD?

B: It changes trajectory. It's very clear in the videos and undisputable. I'm no physics expert, nor will I succumb to any stupid "magnetic deflection theory" or "thermal barrier wave theory" or "a tornado made it change course".

Can someone explain this?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

www.cnn.com...

"Early speculation was that it might have been debris from two satellites that rammed into each other. But U.S. Strategic Command said it was not."

I would speculate STRATCOM is lying.... (cough) cover-up.... radioactive fallout!

www.voanews.com...
Scientists say it will take some time to plot the future courses of the debris left from the collision between the one-ton Russian satellite and the 560-kilogram commercial satellite operated by the Iridium company.

I doubt STRATCOM has tracked all the debri yet...

[edit on 16-2-2009 by imitator]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

Originally posted by ufo reality
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

DALLAS (Feb. 15) - What looked like a fireball streaked across the Texas sky on Sunday morning, leading many people to call authorities to report seeing falling debris.
"We don't know what it was," said Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Roland Herwig.
Skip over this content

Skip over this content

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office used a helicopter to search after callers said they thought they saw a plane crashing, a spokesman said.
"We don't doubt what people saw" but authorities found nothing, said spokesman John Foster.
The U.S. Strategic Command said there was no connection to the sightings over Texas and Tuesday's collision of satellites from the U.S. and Russia.

"There is no correlation between the debris from that collision and those reports of re-entry," said Maj. Regina Winchester, with STRATCOM.
The FAA notified pilots on Saturday to be aware of possible space debris after a collision Tuesday between U.S. and Russian communication satellites. The chief of Russia's Mission Control says clouds of debris from the collision will circle Earth for thousands of years and threaten numerous satellites.

this is from aol.com its not related to the satellites

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlinkyDFW
I've been searching this story on the internet all day. I called Channel 8 in Austin to determine the exact location of the cameraman.

They told me he was at the corner of San Jacinto and Duval, facing N-NW. I was able to pick out some of the buildings from his video and compare them to Google Earth so at least the location is confirmed.

I then determine an approximate trajectory of this thing based on what I've learned so far.

I found a few other reports from people as far North as Ponder, TX and the gentleman that was being interviewd described the trajectory he saw to a police officer.

Based on all the witness acounts frmo the interviews that have been all over the TV today, and an apparant grass fire at about the same time this happened, it appears this thing came down somewhere in the vicinity of Penelope or Hubbard, TX, just North East of Waco, and south of the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

There was a report on one of the news stations that some debris had been located and was "turned over to government officials" but I doubt that will ever surface. Now all the reporters are telling everyone not to touch anything they find.

Now everyone this afternoon is saying it was a meteor???

I have a problem with the whole "meteor" theory.

A: We track these things. One astronomer being interviewed said it had to be the size of a pickup truck. We didn't see this coming? Something the size of a pickup truck isn't being tracked by NORAD?

B: It changes trajectory. It's very clear in the videos and undisputable. I'm no physics expert, nor will I succumb to any stupid "magnetic deflection theory" or "thermal barrier wave theory" or "a tornado made it change course".

wow good job on your research Slinky. i have a hard time thinking its a meteor as well, thats why i started the thread, now the govt has gotten to it??? see this bs is just what i hate. you really impressed me wiht all this Slinky. yeah i thought we would know if a meteor that size would come to our atmosphere - i also have a hard time believing nobody has found the point of impact yet. maybe they have and been shutup. who knows? but lets keep this going until we find out or get reports from actual witness - so we now know thanks to slinky 1- it wasnt a fallen satellite 2-whatever remnants there are, are now with the govt. 3- Norad would have tracked this if it was a meteor.

Im stumped, but getting closer to the truth. i hope.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11

this is from aol.com its not related to the satellites

your going to put your faith in STRATCOM's lie? take your radiation pills before drinking the water....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
so what do you think it is?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

so what do you think it is?

to be honest I'm not sure yet, but do know STRATCOM is lying about the debri orbit from the satellites. There is no way they have tracked all the debri orbits yet...we also have scientist saying it will take some time to plot the future courses of the debris.... This makes STRATCOM suspect of covering something up...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

well if astrologists dont know what it is and you surley dont know what it is how would this correlate with stratcom trying to cover anything up? if they were trying to cover something up dont you think they would just say its satellite debris. how can saying its not peices of the satellites be a cover story?

How could you possibly call this a coverup when you have no clue what so ever what it is

[edit on 16-2-2009 by invisibleman11]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

It's simple...STRATCOM: "The U.S. Strategic Command said there was no connection to the sightings over Texas and Tuesday's collision of satellites from the U.S. and Russia." and "Texas was not passing through the belts of debris at the time of the sightings."

This cant be true if you have scientist saying it would take some time to track the debri....

how can saying its not peices of the satellites be a cover story?

maybe radioactive fallout from the satellites!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i think we might know by now if it was radioactive fallout.

just because its the government saying they dont know whats really going on doesnt mean its an automatic coverup

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I can't help to keep my original focus on what would cause the object to change it's course before it hit.

Could a container of some kind on board of one of the satellites explode if it was superheated upon re-entry?

This was certainly cause enough energy and veer it off course.

Does anyone know if anything like this could be on one of these? Don't they use some kind of propulsion to keep their orbits? I think they call it "station keeping"? What's used to do that?

I don't know....I'm just asking the questions to satisfy my cusriousity.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

...I have a problem with the whole "meteor" theory.

Response to A: We definitely don't track all meteors. There are plenty of examples of "surprise" meteroites all the time. I saw the famous "Peekskill meteor" streak across the sky back in 1992 -- it, too, may have been the size of a pick-up truck as it entered Earth's atsmosphere. Nobody knew the Peekskill Meteor was coming.

NORAD never said thay tracked the bolid meteor that streaked over Canada 2 months ago, so even if they did track this one (and the earlier Candian one) what makes you think they would tell us about this Texas one but not that Canadian one?

Back in 1992 they found a 12 kg piece of the Peekskill meteor after it after it hit a parked car in Peekskill NY. Perhapss they will find a piece of this Texas one, also.

Response to B: I watched the video many times and could not see that it "undisputably" changed direction. Is there another video besides the one taken at the marathon race? That's the one I saw. The object "flashed and flickered" as it burned through the atmosphere, but I didn't see it change direction.

Here's the video I saw. The fireball appears to be traveling in a straight line:
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 2/16/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

i think we might know by now if it was radioactive fallout.

just because its the government saying they dont know whats really going on doesnt mean its an automatic coverup

Highly radioactive dust falling from the atmosphere into our water system can be hard to detect, I'm sure it could have long term effects on the population while drinking the water.

I'll keep my tin foil hat on until we know what it is....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

highly radioactive dust falling on to heavily populated areas would be detectible almost immediatly via instrumentation and 100's of people becoming deathly ill within less than an hour...but if you want to stay uncertain i guess thats cool im just saying there is a large lack of proof to supplement your argument

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The RE-Identified Flying Object!

www.kbtx.com...

... can be considered an identified flying object.

Tonight, TV news replayed the falling debris video from yesterday; and the eyewitness interview who described it as "BIG, and BRIGHT, and red and yellow ... and it had a tail". They also said it's a meteor and not falling satellite debris.

So, I checked the TV website and it mentions that the FAA changed their song and dance.

The FAA backed off its weekend statement that the fireball possibly was caused by falling debris from colliding satellites plummeting into earth's atmosphere.

The term bolide has not been used in local news ... just fireball.

edit typo

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
we have no idea what this is yet.

Yes we do. It was most probably an asteroid. Quit saying we have no idea what it is, please? Thank you.

What you just saw was not satellite debris. The high speed of the fireball in the News 8 video is typical of a natural meteoroid hitting Earth's atmosphere at tens of km/s. Orbital debris, on the other hand, should crawl across the sky at a fraction of that speed. Astronomer Bill Cooke of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office has reviewed the video and confirms "it's a natural meteor, definitely." According to his analysis, the source of the fireball was a meter-class asteroid traveling at about 20 km/s.

spaceweather.com

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
this object looks huge and had to have hit somewhere. if it is a meteor i just want proof, and if its not, lets try to figure out what it is. chud, im done arguing with you and lets please get to the facts and analaysis done on each end here, please.

Calm down ziggy. Give it some time. There is a good chance something survived, but it takes time to collect the data necessary to reconstruct the flightpath of the asteroid. Once this is done, the search can begin... it could be days/weeks before anything is found, if anything is found at all.

You've obviously never followed a fireball event while it unfolds before. I suggest you read through the link I posted above to get some idea.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is an addendum to my post above in which I responded to SlinkyDFW's question:

I said that in the video I saw, the object did not appear to change direction. I created an overlay of 6 different frames of the video to illustrate this:

It does seem to possibly bow "downward" very slightly towards the middle of its path, but I suspect that that's due to the incredibly violent ride the meteor is taking as it punches through the atmosphere. A meteor hitting the atmospehre is a very violent ride -- hence the fact that friction cause it to burn up as it encounters our very thick atmosphere.

This overlay image does not indicate the object made an "undispiutable" change in direction. It looks to have flown relatively straight -- any slight discrepancies could be attributed to the friction of the atmosphere or the "tumbling" of the object.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

highly radioactive dust falling on to heavily populated areas would be detectible almost immediatly via instrumentation and 100's of people becoming deathly ill within less than an hour...but if you want to stay uncertain i guess thats cool im just saying there is a large lack of proof to supplement your argument

I'm speaking of scatted radioactive dust particles, and yes it would be hard to detect, maybe we might see mutant fish species from this.

Your thinking in terms of clouds of dust.....that would be easy to detect.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
well my prediction is we will not hear about it again. if its anything out of the norm, of course its going to be plastered all over the news that its a meteor, asteroid regardless. keep the thread alive and well. feed and water it with updates.
but if some of it, or most is in the governments hands, well, it could be done. my hope was it was superman coming from krypton.
just kidding - so lets take CHUD's advice and wait it out until we get some legit news or it becomes nothing but a distant memory we never get an answer for, sorry just a bit excited. i didnt ask for a specific time and date for all info to be posted, just as it comes. so i'll be patient, we will see what c omes of this. good job everybody with the info - im really liking the mutated fish idea
i hope i made you smile once here chud

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join