It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States look to booze for shots to economy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I've always been in favor of lowering the age to 18 again. If they can pick up a rifle and die for their country, or pick up a pen and vote for the leaders of our country then it should be legal for them to consume alcohol.

Of course our country really needs to teach responsibility. For some reason all of the kids want to binge drink and wind up on their face pissing their pants.

Hell thousands of people get together and drink all day at Octoberfest and they won't have as many problems as my small city on an average weekend.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well this is just great
They want to make Vitamins an ILLEGAL drug but want us to increase something they know kills you and innocent people alike. Look at what this has done to the world population already.

en.wikipedia.org...

God they truly are trying to kill everyone they can at once. Just look at what this is doing to us!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

What a great idea. Means tested fines.

Generally, they have been hitting smokers and drinkers for so long now that they are running the risk of killing the golden goose. People are giving up smoking in droves and unless your an alcoholic, it's easy to refrain from alcohol.

So, wonder what they'll keep raising the taxes on next when the cigarette and alcohol industries start to dry up.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Sadly.. their plans cannot work.. because it cost so damn much anymore to go out on the town and have a few beers.

When a glass of Guinness is $6 and you need at least 6 to feel good.. not counting the cost of shots, mixed drinks, wines, etc... and of course if your out at a bar your going to eat something.. a typical night can set you back $100+ dollars....

Of all the things I have cut back on, drinking has been the last. But I think even that might be cut back soon...

*cries*

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Maybe they could start selling alcoholic beverages from public service vehicles?

Convert some swat vans, fire engines, police vans etc.

Alcohol on wheels!

Home delivery?

Lots of possibility for additional revenue!

Getting drop down drunk is not only your right, it is your civic duty!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Everyone would be, like kids, on the front curb, waiting for the "ice cream man".

The firemen could leave 4 qts, and a couple pints. Hope the milkman has room to put the milk on the porch...

I hear the truck coming now, it's playing the Bud theme...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
of course, mind you, that no one in government seems to want to take teh responsibility to say 'hey, you know what, to mee teh shortfall, we should shrink the government and cut the fat at home first'

never happen

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Check this out, this state is seeking to raise the beer tax as much as 1,900% ... which according to the report would mean an additional cost of $2 to $4 per six-pack.

Sounds cool. Boozers are a plague and i'd love to see them pay more. All boozers are wife beaters and deadly drunk drivers.

Well, I know you were trolling, but no one has responded, so I can't resist. [Slaps own hand.]

The vast majority of people drink, and very few beat their wives or anyone else.

I would agree that the vast majority of drinkers still drive, I am guilty myself, and the DUI fines and hassle are a big deterrent. Therefore, I have to agree with your first post about raising those fines in lieu of sales taxes, and then pray I don't get Karmalized and pulled over for agreeing with you!

I wonder if your name is a joke or bait as well? It just seems all too easy to criticize.

Now, I got to go, because I have beer to drink before I get off work. I'll ride my motorcycle home way to fast and hurry up and beat the kids! Don't worry, they deserve it!

[edit on 16-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join