It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make Sushi! :D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So here is a picture of the final product ... w/home made wasabi and Hibachi-style soup!! ...

and now onto the video!!!

www.youtube.com...

I hope people like/watch!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Very nice and yummy.

Beautiful toque.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Many thanks my friend!

I made some
musubi a few days back -- huge hit at the office!! (really it's pan fried spam on top of sushi rice w/a strip of nori around it)

I just ordered this:

Hopefully it'll help "legitimize" my culinary prowess....

I just hung out with a guy from the CIA ... (Culinary Institute of America) and we shot the #, he wrote down some recipes for me ... I showed him my "wannabe pro kitchen" ... he approved!

I make these videos because I see people on Food Network and it makes me cringe .... I can "do that" and better...here in my own damned home without a camera guy.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
sushi is fantastic. i quite often get it for lunch, theres a store around the corner from work and its SOOO cheap to buy a roll or two.

tuna sushi
tempura prawn sushi
raw salmon sushi.

all good stuff.. especially with a big helping of wasabi that really makes your eyes water and nose burn as you eat it.

nom nom nom

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
For sure! If the wasabi does not burn your nose hair ...

It 'aint good wasabi!

I make my own from either powder or fresh (hard to find) roots...

The flavor is much more...mmm "explosive"?

I use a tiny bit of mayonaise (kewpie japaneese brand) for the carrier, along with a dash of ground mustard w/my wasabi powder. Cover it .... and in about 10 min I have a awesome wasabi paste.

It's kind of neat .. the wasabi powder is white, and when you mix it all up it's white ... but letting it sit in the little bowl (covered) for a few minutes the "green" color develops and shows up.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If you could give a tutorial on how to make the sticky rice that would be great.

My knowledge of cooking in the kitchen could best be described as... ....well.... virtually non existent. Hmm, that gives me a thread idea.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I second that request. Can I make the sticky rice in a Black n Decker Rice steamer?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I second that request. Can I make the sticky rice in a Black n Decker Rice steamer?

I have a Salton rice cooker that I use when I make suhi rice and it works great everytime. Just use sushi rice and then rice wine vinegar as per directions and its practically the same as the kind you get in a restaurant.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Darn you MystikMushroom!

I haven't ate Sushi in a while and now your post just made me get a bad craving for it!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I worked in a restaurant where we would fresh-grind wasabi root on to people's plates. This was a nice place for certain.. Wasabi root costs upwards of $400 a pound.

Fresh wasabi wasn't as pleasurable for me though.. it wasn't nearly as spicy..

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Being a huge sushi/fish fan I have yet to try legit wasabi. I think the only place in America that grows it is in Washington state, and it is supposedly not as good as what's grown in Japan. No big deal though I will suffice with the horse radish concoction. I have made sushi several times and it is quite rewarding. Looks tasty! I normally go for the sashimi but I'll order a roll every now and then because sashimi can get a little pricey! Not too mention my girlfriend is quarter japanese and her grandmother makes me sushi quite often.

top topics

join