It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite Debris Falling On Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I didn't see this posted here yet.
From MSNBC

DALLAS - The Federal Aviation Administration has received numerous reports of falling debris across Texas, which could be related to a recent satellite collision.

Some of the callers around midmorning Sunday reported what looked like a fireball in the sky.

Source:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

I didn't think the debris would reach the earth so soon, wonder if this could be connected to the Buffalo crash (very long shot).

eb

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Looks like it's raining in Kentucky too:

Late Friday, similar sky sightings were also received by National Weather Service (NWS) centers in parts of Kentucky. Like Sunday's reports, the descriptions of explosions in the sky and earthquake-like rumbles were attributed to the likely re-entry of debris from the satellite collision, NWS officials in Jackson, Kentucky said in a statement.

"The Federal Aviation Administration has reported to local law enforcement that these events are being caused by falling satellite debris," the announcement stated. "These pieces of debris have been causing sonic booms ... resulting in the vibrations being felt by some residents ... as well as flashes of light across the sky."

Source: www.space.com...

Wonder if there will be a light show tonight here in south carolina?

eb

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
HA satellites collided my butt!!

Something else happened up there, they just don't wanna tell us about it. However, I do hope the people in texas remain quite safe during the raining debris that is set to start hapennening.

Are there any potentially dangerous chunks coming down? Or is all this stuff just burning in the atmosphere as it comes in?

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
re: any dangerous stuff?

There is a combined weight of over 4000 pounds between the two sats, so I'd guess there would be a few big chunks mixed in. Also, if these chunks take out any other sats on the way down then it would add to the amount of debris.

I'm not sure if either sat has a hazardous power source, if so then a bit of plutonium could be in the mix as well.

eb

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wonder what liability the government should bear if this turns out to be a 'policy' decision? Something along the lines of "It's cheaper to deal with the 'fallout' (pun intended) of simply allowing aging satellites to fall from their decaying orbits and take our chances, than to actually remove the threat by other means."

Maybe I'm just be too cynical about the leadership at NASA, et. al.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The russian sat had a nuclear power source on board.
I'm not sure of it's size but I would assume it's at least a kilowatt.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Just found a video of the fireball seen in Texas.
You can watch the vid here:
www.news8austin.com...

Hit the Play Video button in the sidebar.

If someone can capture that vid and post it to YouTube it would be appreciated. The fireball is rather large and very clearly seen in this daylight vid.

eb

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Razmear23]

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Razmear23]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Very strange. I wonder what the tests will show it to be.

The U.S. Strategic Command said there was no connection to the sightings over Texas and Tuesday's collision of satellites from the U.S. and Russia.

MSNBC

Seems there are reports everywhere about fireballs falling from the sky. Any experts that can give us a clue as to what they might be and why now?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
HA satellites collided my butt!!

Something else happened up there, they just don't wanna tell us about it. However, I do hope the people in texas remain quite safe during the raining debris that is set to start hapennening.

Are there any potentially dangerous chunks coming down? Or is all this stuff just burning in the atmosphere as it comes in?

~Keeper

If there's anything they don't wish for us to know about, it is that the arm of God is destroying the military industrial complex, er, satellites.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I live in southern Texas.

I am going to go outside and see if there are any strange happenings in the sky.

Would be cool if I saw something...

EDIT: Nope, nothing.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Davidius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join