It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen shot 12 in Mexico, including children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Gunmen shot 12 in Mexico, including children

news.yahoo.com

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – Suspected drug hitmen killed 12 people, including six children, in the southern state of Tabasco, which until now had escaped the spiraling violence of Mexico's drug war.
A group of armed men fired large-caliber guns at three homes in the town of Macuspana, some 20 miles from the capital of Villahermosa, killing six children and six adults late on Saturday.
A source at Tabasco's Justice Department told Reuters on Sunday that a police officer was among those shot but it was not immediately clear if the rest of the dead were his relatives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Who in the hell kills children over drugs?

This is the threat Mexico faces to us here in the United States yet not a damn thing is being done about it.

Would you like to be sitting at home and having to worry about gunfire blazing into your home?

What's the world coming to and why aren't we doing something to protect our border?

Sigh.

Something has to be done. I grateful I don't live on the border. Hopefully something is done about this.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I wonder if it's really about drugs, per se? I mean these 'organizations' are become significant powers in that country. More so than could operate here in America (for the time being - assuming we don't count the federal government as such.)

I mean really, if we try to characterize everything the drug cartels do as having to do with transactions about drugs, aren't we ignoring the real fact that they are 'politically' active, and thus could be, from a certain perspective, be acting with a different objective in mind, other than sales, production, and distribution of drugs?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Tabasco is way down south on Mexico, not on the US border, and this may have something to do with politics, family revenges or plenty other stuff, that the government says it was because of drugs also can mean that they are involved, and are blaming it on drug cartels, because that's the standard answer for everything like this.

Remember that in Mexico, there are still lots of old families that fight for territories, not only because of drugs, but for lands and other things, politics and old family wars too.

This is the threat Mexico faces to us here in the United States

This comment is out of line, so when someone goes and shots at some school, mcdonalds or whatever, it means that the US is a treat to Canada and Mexico right? or maybe the US doesn't have gang wars on the streets?

www.youtube.com...

It could be anything, yeah most probably it is because of the drugs war, but lets not forget about other possible options, and also lets not forget about being rational and don't jump to conclusions right away.

Edited to add, i have known of some other cases where people got killed like this in Mexico, and they weren't drugs related, on one case, i know it was because extortion and the guy refusing to pay for "protection", and also remember there are some cities where kidnapping is a business as well, and there we can find another possible answer to something like this, cops are also involved in kidnapping cases where the victims resulted dead, or the family got back to the kidnappers in a very similar scenario as this one.

Just saying from what I've seen you know ?

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
4GW.

Search William Lind.

Learn about what states are facing from non-state threats/forces.

top topics

join