It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[video] Neil deGrasse Tyson debunks 2012 Doomsday Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I didnt find this posted here yet, but here is the video.

vodpod.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Who is this Neil deGrasse Tyson?

There have been countless 2012 debunkers for decades. This fella is just another one to throw into the pile.

2012 wont be any doomsday. It will simply be the end of the Mesoamerican count and begin a new one. All the mess on the wall is glamorization.

There might be some neat planitary alignments or some neat star light shows and perhaps a neat display of some people going crazy over nothing, but that will be about all that will happen. Just another normal day on good ol planet Earth.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Neil de Grasse Tyson is the guy who killed pluto, and made it not a planet anymore. He was on either Daily Show or Colbert recently talking about it.

He's a pretty high profile astrophysicist.

[edit on 15/2/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Darn you Tyson, first you take Pluto now 2012. When will your reign of logical tyranny end?

RubberBaron it was the daily show. Tysons a pretty funny guy.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Anubis_4400]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anubis_4400
Darn you Tyson, first you take Pluto now 2012. When will your reign of logical tyranny end?

RubberBaron it was the daily show. Tysons a pretty funny guy.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Anubis_4400]

Yeah, I think he's quite cool, I just watched a video of his "In defense of the big bang", if you are interested, its 4 parts on youtube, starts here:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by scanepchi

I'm not saying 2012 will happen, but it's obvious he entered the field with his own pre-bias. It's planet Nibiru, not "Nimburu"....anyone whose even read one page regarding the theory would know that (though I don't think such a planet exists). He's basing his next reason for disbelief on a 3 planet alignment..okay...well there are other ways the world can end. Yes, those portions of the theory can easily be debunked. Anyone with a high school education can tell you that. I wish he would do an anti-2012 documentary to dis-spell all the other myths.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I would be willing to bet all my worth that 2012 will happen.

I will be right after 2011 and just before 2013.

So he must be wrong.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Why so confident?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Agree 100% with Tyson on this.

Line 2.

new topics

top topics

join