It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galaxy has 'billions of Earths'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Galaxy has 'billions of Earths'

news.bbc.co.uk

There could be one hundred billion Earth-like planets in our galaxy, a US conference has heard.

Dr Alan Boss of the Carnegie Institution of Science said many of these worlds could be inhabited by simple lifeforms.

He was speaking at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in Chicago.

So far, telescopes have been able to detect just over 300 planets outside our Solar System.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yet again we see another report on the possibility of life on other planets in our neighbourhood.

Yes, there may very well be simple lifeforms, but there may also be lifeforms far more advanced than us and we are now finding that we may not even recognise an alien life form ...

a US professor has claimed that alien life could have existed on earth for hundreds of years alongside us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=437349

One point that has not been made is that there are, most probably, planets out there that support life but in a manner we are not yet aware of.

Nasa's Kepler mission and the recent study by Edingburgh university are just another 'move-in-the-news' towards breaking the most historic, and now highly anticipated, headline of alien life being out there and here !!!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You know, funny enough they might one day say that they've discovered alien life on some rag tag planet millions of light years away. Sure they will, but i can tell you right now they won't be announcing any "we've seen and spoken and worked with aliens for the last 60 years" or "we've got all this alien technology" or "we've known about this all along and the jokes on you" kinda crap.

I know this, because the government doesn't want to take blame for ANYTHING and that I assume, would include lying to the world for the better part of 70 years attempting to dis-inform and debunk credible witnesses and silence whisle blowers.

Don't worry, when we need to know, we'll find out, ET's will present themselves to us, they won't allow our idiotic government to do it for them.

They wouln't really be Intelligent Life if they did.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The mathmatical probability is in favor of billions of galaxies like ours, and billions of Earth-like planets with life. As to that life being sentient or intelligent, I think there is, all at different levels of progression in their development.

To think that Earth is the only one, is in itself quite rediculous.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
what the HELL?

what logarithm explains to us the probability of NEARBY planets having less a chance of having intelligent life than those that are FARTHER away?

maybe they're so advanced.. that they cover their tracks? and don't let animalistic warring species detect them??

eh eh?? make sense??
yeaaah thought so...

bacteria my a##

-

[edit on 16-2-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
When you think about the old explorers here on Earth, setting sail for some unknown land and finding people already living there, then it must surely point to the obvious... Life must be spread heavily across the universe in many different shapes and forms.

There just has to be similarly structured creatures, such as ourselves, out there somewhere.

A lot of us tend to think that these beings may be more advanced. This might be so, especially of those who seem to be visiting, but one thing we don't tend to take into consideration is the diversity of life and its possible solutions for the creation of life.

There could very well be silicon based lifeforms. Others that would die if they breathed oxygen. We know nothing, we are still learning.

And we are only just delving into the realm of dark matter, but there are those who feel that we/others may exist within this dark matter, as suggested in this thread

Life has to be out there... Yes, it's nice to be able to say, "oooh, look what I found"... but a lot of us would want far more than a sample or mathematical equation or telescope images.

Can't please all the people all the time, i suppose.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Extralien]

new topics

top topics

join