It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Gerry Patnode "Joe Six Pack Threat" - Above Politics 53

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Homer interviews Dr. Gerry Patnode who says "For a long time, I have thought the biggest threat to the American way of life is not the terrorist but the guy I refer to as Joe Six Pack sitting on the sofa not getting involved or paying close attention to what is happening to our democracy".

Before our interview, Homer and Martin discuss the US stimulus package and what has been hidden inside the bill and we talk about President Nicolas Sarkozy’s aid package to the French car makers.

ABOVE POLITICS Number 53, with Martin Bain and Homer Fife, from AboveTopSecret.com.
Show length is 43:02.
Direct link to show MP3 file: atsmix_3218.mp3 (15 mb)
Subscribe to ABOVE POLITICS in your favorite MP3 utility/player: ABOVE POLITICS RSS feed
Subscribe to ABOVE POLITICS in iTunes for your iPod: ABOVE POLITICS iTunes feed

ABOVE POLITICS is the alternative political program from AboveTopSecret.com, all content is copyright (2009) by AboveTopSecret.com and The Above Network, LLC, all rights reserved. No content of the program may be rebroadcast in part or in whole from any web domain other than ATSMIX.com or ABOVETOPSECRET.com without prior written permission of The Above Network, LLC.

International Reporters wanted for The Above Politics Show thread

The Above Politics Show Web Site

[edit on 2/15/2009 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I wanted to jump in and give everyone my insight on Dr. Patnode.

This guy is the real deal. Speaking with him "off air", I was stuck by his passion for this Nation, the Political System and his hope in humanity.

He truly believes in what we can all do if we "Get Engaged" and want change badly enough. Change that "We" desire and that really comes about.

I just hope you all enjoy listening to the Dr. as much as I enjoyed talking with him.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I only hope that President Sarkozy sticks to his guns and facing down the EU over aid to the French auto makers. If only the British PM had the same kind of passion for British Industry rather than giving billions of GBP to failed banks.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
So what the OP is really worried about are all the "John Galts" out there?

I have often wondered what would happen if we all just decided that we weren't going to play the game any longer?

You know, what would happen if we treated the next election like we treat the Miss America Pagent or the Academy Awards, and just said, "Whoever you pick is fine with us. We don't really have a say anyway."

What would happen? What would the pols do without an audience? Would they even recognize that they are no longer relevant or legitimate?

In short what would happen if "Joe Six Pack" was really indifferent as the OP suggests? Because from where I sit, that aint the case. Although I am sitting on my couch.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Homer, I have to say that I really enjoyed this show.

I've always been interested in politics, I've been speaking to these people in the media and their talk shows like Lou Dobbs to voice my views, but I haven't gotten engaged in politics yet.

I'm thinking about registering independent and I've been discouraged by how the primaries in my state are closed. I feel a bit inspired to get engaged and try to convince my state to change the rules.

I also feel inspired to get involved in local politics. I think it's a lot harder though to get involved in local politics because as was said we don't have much time to... but I could imagine being able to make some changes and things.

Thanks, that was a very inspiring show. At first I thought that this was going to be a negative show, but then, now I've come out with something more important, and, a less defeated attitude when it comes to politics.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

I think the very fact that someone is recognizing the fact that "Joe Six Pack" might be a threat is enough to prove that there is a top conspiracy to strong arm society. But don't underestimate old Joe either.

new topics

top topics

join