It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics of a global depression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I sit here late on a Sunday night and I can `t help wondering where the great political thinkers have gone. We sit amongst the ruins of 20th century economic indulgence in the WORST if not the only depression for over 100 years, a situation getting worse not better, and there is NO ONE not a SINGLE REVOLUTIONARY SOUL who can offer us anything better the normal regurgitated nonsense of policies and politicians long dead.

The world is burning both economically and literally and I can see no hope. Theres no bright star on the horizon, no three kings and a star to follow, no Marx, no Che Guevara. I`m left wondering where will be our Bastille day, our French revolution for the modern day.

We have been let down time after time, after time, after time ad infinitum. Yet we still accept the status quo, something our forebears would not have done. Something which they challenged time after time after time. Something which we as a global society now fail to do. AND ITS WRONG.

How many more times are you, your friends, your family going to accept being screwed over by fat cats and politicians? When you`ve nothing to eat, when you`ve lost the roof over your heads, when you`ve been screwed over for the twentieth time what you going to do? Roll over and say thank you again?

The current economic situation is an extreme situation and normally that would breed an extreme response. It has n`t. Ask yourself how long are you going to be happy waiting for the next depression the next down turn. Its going to happen. Look around. If the necessary thinking does n`t come from a free radical where`s it going to come from?

Somewhere out there is the woman, child or man who will turn our thinking and the status quo on its head and in so doing release us all from the horrible servitude in which we find ourselves.

Why are all the revolutionaries quiet......

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It's all quite simple.

The value of the idea, and original thought is next to nothing in modern society.

So, the revolutionaries (in all aspects) of today are suppressed in one way, or another.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I tend to think that the originality of an idea gets diluted by modern media but there has to be and must be those out there with enough strength of conviction that dilution is overcome, or at least I hope so

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Creativity is suppressed. Man has largely been suppressed over the years. Those not affected by the numerous amounts of BS are here, or were so scared, they promised never to look again.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I go back and forth between believing some action must be taken, and simply adapting a philosophical attitude that suffering is an innate part of existence and seeking personal inner detachment from all such matters via psychospiritual transendence. I'm a hermit by nature: "Hermits and deer are two things that should not tarry long in the marketplace [i.e., in the company of humaity]" (old Japanese proverb), and I seek isolation and solitude even in the best of times. How much more so in the worst?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
and yet here, on this very board, you can see the lie in that. nothing and no one person, idea or ideology has been suppressed. yet nothing comes from that free flow of ideas, the great interchange of modern life has fallen over

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
and yet here, on this very board, you can see the lie in that. nothing and no one person, idea or ideology has been suppressed. yet nothing comes from that free flow of ideas, the great interchange of modern life has fallen over

No, I don't think you can say that. You can never know all of the outcomes of any of your interactions. So, just by communicating beliefs and ideas, you are doing something. You never know if that man, woman or child that will truly change the world is reading what you write and is influenced one way or the other. That is a huge responsibility and, unfortunately, one that most people in general do not consider...

[edit on 15/2/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

new topics

top topics

join