It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im out raged scientist to get rid of human fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i just seen this on the news you may say so what well just reaserch the the montauk project project and think agen i carnt finde an artical on it it was on itv news in the uk. thay used tiny electronic shocks to controle the fear. whats next when will it stop.en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 15-2-2009 by leejones]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Here's an article:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I listened to one of the researchers describing the procedure and it's actually a bit different from what the article describes. The memories aren't erased and neither is human fear.

People with a post-traumatic stress disorder could potentially use this drug to remove the fearful aspect of their memories. They'll still remember everything, except they won't be waking up in the middle of the night from horrible nightmares anymore (in theory anyway).

I'm afraid I know too little of the Montauk Project to understand your outrage. I'm curious though, any hints?

edit: spelling

[edit on 15/2/09 by Symer]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Try to work on your spelling... no offense.

I figure a religious group will stand up and make them stop eventually.
But really, what purpose does taking away someones fear do? What is their goal in this if it is true?

I would rather have the ability to not feel pain, emotional or physical, but to not fear it is well,.... weird.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
thay could use it transplant false memoryes from person to person did any one notice that scientist was blond.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Good, maybe I can stop these horrible feelings of uneasiness from setting on.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symer
Here's an article:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I listened to one of the researchers describing the procedure and it's actually a bit different from what the article describes. The memories aren't erased and neither is human fear.

People with a post-traumatic stress disorder could potentially use this drug to remove the fearful aspect of their memories. They'll still remember everything, except they won't be waking up in the middle of the night from horrible nightmares anymore (in theory anyway).

I'm afraid I know too little of the Montauk Project to understand your outrage. I'm curious though, any hints?

Thanks for pointing that article out.

If there is one thing I've learned well on ATS it is to question the source if it is even making a slightly out of the ordinary claim. Some of the more surprising stories do turn out to be true, and others like this one turn out to be more twisted to maximize shock value and therefore advertising dollars or advancement of some agenda.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
But really, what purpose does taking away someones fear do? What is their goal in this if it is true?

Well my first thought is super soldiers. Running into a gunfight headfirst with guns-a-blazin' is an appealing idea for military intelligence I'm sure. It's not a new idea though. The Anglo-Saxons would hop the 'berserkers' up on mushrooms before battle. These fighters would run out into the enemy line, feeling no pain or fear, and take down as many people as they could before the body could no longer support itself.

Interesting stuff.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by leejones

im out raged scientist to get rid of human fear.

Maybe scientists should start work on your irrational anger.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but can you repeat the original post, but in English this time?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Try to work on your spelling... no offense.

I figure a religious group will stand up and make them stop eventually.

I would rather have the ability to not feel pain, emotional or physical, but to not fear it is well,.... weird.

That is the 15 trillion dollar question!
Without the emotion of fear the human body can not produce the chemical reaction necessary to defend in extreme circumstances. It's called the "flight or fight" response in layman's terms. The reaction releases a much larger than normal chemical secretion; making it possible for a person to have greater bursts of energy to defend themselves or run.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There are perfectly natural ways to eliminate fear. I just used a perfect one and I'll share the technique. What I did was went down the list of everyone I love(seriously, this works) and said "I love you." to them in my mind. The I went down the list of those I really don't like very much and said "I love you." for being in my life as an example of what not to do. Repeating this over and over until the anxiety attacks disappear. When it starts to creep back up, remind it to leave by posting a giant image of a heart in your mind and say, "Do you want me to do it again?"

top topics

join