It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Historic fish found in Russia - what is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So the story goes as:

"Look what they have found in Chelyabinsk city. The story is that there was a construction site with a deep foundation ditch. They have touched some underground river in that place so the water in the ditch didn’t get away so it stayed there full of water. Then some workers a few months later spotted some movement in this water, they threw some pieces of their lunch in the trench which caused a big activity inside. They were puzzled who is there? And caught one thing up then in big panic stepped away cause it tried to bite them so they had to kill it with some equipment and here are the remains of it. It was around 5 feet length. Nobody of them got any idea of what’s that:"

To me is just weird... but what do I know?

What do you, experts in Cryptozoology think? I am very far from my "area of expertise" here... want to hear some opinions.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Looks like a Trilobyte!

nasty as I'd imagined they'd be.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's a Branchiopoda a form of shrimp.

It's size is best measured here

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

They are pretty neat, I remember years ago when my kids were little, their was a type of these in a hibernation form you could buy and "grow" in an aquarium, we loved it. Sorry but I can't remember exactly what they called them.

The pics of the ones you posted are obviously larger than the ones we had as "pets", but they are still within the same family.

www.realcooltoys.com...

that is a link to a site that sells different kinds, even a type of "shrimp", we have some that we bought over a year ago. My kids love em.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

I have no idea what they are, but I do know one thing they CREEP ME OUT!!! YUK - I still have the creeps from looking at those pictures!!!

those legs and stuff under them.

How long ago was this that they were found?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Nothing like forced perspective and a good story to turn a shrimp into a monster

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
Nothing like forced perspective and a good story to turn a shrimp into a monster

en.wikipedia.org...

That is exactly what it is

Just a hoax, turning a shrimp into a monster.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That kinda looked like a horseshoe crab and a snake mixed together. Wouldn't want to step on that thing at the beach!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
How about this little critter? Looks like an extra from the movie Alien.

It's an Isopod. As Stewie might say, it's got no alibi

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ok... I'm sorry if this is a hoax or some lie but I found that and I dont know that much about zoology thats why I posted this.

But the thing is... even tho the pictures dont tell me the size of it since I have nothing in the pictures to serve as comparisson I can have the scale of the little bugger tho it seems way bigger than a "coin" like in that picture above.

Although your links do seem to bring the same little bugger and "alive" this just seems bigger... dont know why. And yes I was falling for that "trilobite" theory also because that was the only thing that came to mind.

As for the date of the finding I can see the dates back to 2007 so it has at least 1 year and a half altho the news where I got it from is pretty recent - 20 january.

For the size of it... and if its small... what kind of species is this that I found in wikipedia?

de.wikipedia.org... - I dont know german that well can someone shed some light?

Oh and the picture there, the size is a BIT bigger than a coin...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It remind me of the Creatures from the movie Alien. Except, it is smaller and have shorter legs.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

I was thinking it looked like a Trilobite aswell, but my first thought was Facehugger xP Ha.

But that thing really doesnt look 5 feet long.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think its called a Triop.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
well... solved then, I guess... Thank you all

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That picture with the child holding the critter looks like a horseshoe crab - looks kind of similar but these guys are even cooler and weirder than that Russian creature

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

looks to me like a horseshoe crab...im pretty sure of it. i did a report once on them

top topics

join