It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 2009 - ’When the world becomes aware that this crisis is worse than the 1930s crisis’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Worse than the 1930's? I hardly think so. Everyone complaining and comparing this current Economic Situation to that of the 1930's has NO IDEA what it was really like back then. I still have family members alive from the Great Depression Era, and trust me when I say that if you think it is hard this day and age, you can never imagine the blight from 70 + Years Ago. Not to mention how in the 1930's the People brought themselves up through Hard Work and Dedication, not to mention Complete Self-Reliance. Sure, FDR implemented programs, but it was hardly the same as the current Administration's complete round of Handouts and Welfare Cheques.

I don't think anyone is really saying it is worse than the 30's yet - obviously it's not.

But there is very great potential it will become worse. Remember in the thirties people were much more self sufficent than they are today, many many people grew, and could hunt and gather there own food. The people and the government werent nearly as in debt as they are today, we really had a legit shot of working our way out of the hole. I'm not so sure that is the case now - not in the short term anyway.

As you said people back in the 30's were not nearly as spoiled, worked harder and expected less. Today's average citizen has never even given a thought to what they would do if no groceries were around to be purchased, and many spend there whole lives trying to live off the system that could easily go bye bye. Add to that sky high medical costs that did not exist in the 30's and a quickly aging population whose pensions are disappearing, and social security broke and you have a huge recipe for disaster that really hasn't occurred yet.

The possibility of utter chaos occurring when entitled Americans suddenly have nothing is terrifying.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
While I was lurking around various boards last year during the TARP fiasco, I stumbled across this article which was very educational.

The Real Great Depression

In fact, the current economic woes look a lot like what my 96-year-old grandmother still calls "the real Great Depression." She pinched pennies in the 1930s, but she says that times were not nearly so bad as the depression her grandparents went through. That crash came in 1873 and lasted more than four years. It looks much more like our current crisis.

Give it read. The parallels that the author lists are eerily similar to what is happening again.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Some are saying the next thing to go down is commercial real estate which will be an even bigger bubble that the mortgage crisis.

No one will be buying these properties and they have far more leverage.

It's all falling apart, brick by brick. How long before the whole house comes down?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
ROLLOVER - 1981

Life imitates art.....30 years after the fact?

Maybe - maybe not. Anyway, here's the Hollywood version of global financial collapse.

Employee: "Gold just went over two thousand"

Manager: "By tonight that will be cheap"

9:37min

GL

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SR
It's clearly obvious this has all been planned to start another world wide war to reduce the worlds vastly overpopulated socities.

I just hope we're not suckers when the poo hits the fan and start fighting each other when we should fight our leadership and take back control of our own destinies.

Hello?

First you say the societies are vastly overpopulated.

Then you say we shouldn't fight WSHTF. So what do you think we should do with this overpopulation?

Like basically you say the NWO has a reason to exist... What is your solution to the overpopulation thing then? KATWP?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
when the shtf I will create a for awake a make shift society for ats visitors and really anyone who has been warning people and is odviosly awake. the site will be located between D.C. and Richmond -VA. Please reply with comments and ideas.. thankyou.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by proximo

I share the same opinion. It's not the '30s yet, however the fundamentals are worse than in the '30s. For example before 1930 you needed 50% or more down to buy a home, and the savings rate for Americans was 9.6% (our peak was 16.2% in 1942). By 2007, we needed 0-5% down payment, and the savings rate went to 1.7% because we followed the advice our financial advisors and put our cash into 401K accounts and used our home equity line of credit as our rainy day savings account. Well guess what, it's a rainy day.

I got the stats from the US Bureau of Economic Analysis website (didn't know that bureau existed).

bea.doc.gov...

Table 5.1. Savings and Investment
Net saving as a percentage of gross national income
Set first year to 1929, and Series to Annual.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Disclaimer: Stupid Idea Ahead

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain. - Mark Twain

The world is divided into people who do things - and people who get the credit. - Dwight Morrow

Is there anyone I wouldn't take as a client? Well, I'd never represent a banker. - Gerry Spence

Banks have a new image. Now you have 'a friend,' your friendly banker. If the banks are so friendly, how come they chain down the pens? - Alan King

Because bankers measure their self-worth in money, and pay themselves a lot of it, they think they're fine fellows and don't need to explain themselves. - James Buchan

Bankers know that history is inflationary and that money is the last thing a wise man will hoard. - Will Durant

But if you want to continue to be slaves of the banks and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let bankers continue to create money and control credit. - Josiah Stamp

I went to the bank and proposed that they lend money to the poor people. The bankers almost fell over. - Muhammad Yunus

The history of the last century shows, as we shall see later, that the advice given to governments by bankers, like the advice they gave to industrialists, was consistently good for bankers, but was often disastrous for governments, businessmen, and the people generally. - Carroll Quigley

We will have a world government whether you like it or not. The only question is whether that government will be achieved by conquest or consent. - Paul Warburg

Get rid of the Bankers!

The Bankers' Manifesto of 1892
circleof13.blogspot.com...

People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. History repeats itself in regular cycles. This truth is well known among our principal men who are engaged in forming an imperialism of the world. While they are doing this, the people must be kept in a state of political antagonism.

The question of tariff reform must be urged through the organization known as the Democratic Party, and the question of protection with the reciprocity must be forced to view through the Republican Party.

By thus dividing voters, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us, except as teachers to the common herd. Thus, by discrete actions, we can secure all that has been so generously planned and successfully accomplished.

Sound Familiar?

Notice Who is standing behind TPOTUS these days?
In fact most of the higher up Politicians these days are involved somehow with Bankers/Wall St/Lobbists...

[edit on 2/16/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I truly think that what alot of people don't get is that this will NEVER be like the 1930's for one simple reason. The times HAVE changed, they where meant to all along. How we do things have changed and quite frankly there are billions more of us now!
It isn't going to take "five" years for this thing to fall. If you have taken the time to go over things over the past 10 years and do the math we had 6 months till the bottom fell out at the earliest and 9 at the latest.(LAST SEPTEMBER)
The bail outs and "stimulus" packages are nothing more than a way to protect the old money bankers, rich families,royalty and those who have helped to make this happen in the first place. These people don't care about the people of any country, all they care about is having the total control of the monies of the world. They could care less about who makes our laws or how we live as long as they have control of the money! Because with out the money we have nothing.
It is the system set up thousands of years ago in an effort to embezzle money form the people to keep the kings and rulers in high style. It made it possible for them to keep their armies fed so that when they where attacked or the people tried to rebel they had men on hand to keep them inline.
It no longer matters what we think or what we want. All that matters is that we learn to take care of ourselves and fast because the money system has been taken over and they aren't going to let it go ever again. Sure some of them may be afraid of us. But hey they have more over the top weapons and soldiers crazy enough to blow up a few cities with them to get you in line.
The time to moan and groan, post articles hand over fist and argue about whats going on is over! It is DONE and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. You can sit here on this computer generated internet all day and cry to the mountains of a distant country. But it isn't going to change the fact that your so called sheeple aren't listening. Who wants to admit they are a bunch of bumbling idiots? That as they sat watching the next best thing on TV, their whole world was brought crashing down on their heads? You are "NOW" wasting you time and effort trying to "wake" others up. That time has long past and its time to get moving and figure out what "you" are going to do to survive.
The take over is done and over with, get it through your head! There is NO going back in their plans now and they are going to do what ever they have to do to make sure you don't interfere. These plans where set in motion way back in history and the 1930's was a test run to get as many people to "follow" as they could. They have learned well from history and well laid plans. Get used to being told what to do because they have already finished stage 2. Making you do what you are told is stage 3 and its going to hurt alot more than your precious pocket book.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by xoxo stacie]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join