It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schro's, Shock's, and Ian's American Vacation (Road Trip 09)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hey peeps.

Day 2 is over and I managed to get over 900 miles in.

From Greenfield Indiana to Shamrock Texas.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d70c56d0f5e.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm a little tired and I still have a debate post to do so I'll catch up with you guys when I wakes up.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

thanks for the update schro dog
again: sleep well
and glad that you are still safe

great idea with the maps

looking forward to more

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
How marvellous! A real dream fulfilled to drive across america, something I hope to do one day (though the drive over to america would be a bit moist!)

Schro-dog, take care and have the necessary breaks (and brakes).

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
When you meet S-Dog face to face look beyond the utterly shocking, horrific and devastating outer appearance and remember the witty and intelligent being he is beneath that.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
When you meet S-Dog face to face look beyond the utterly shocking, horrific and devastating outer appearance and remember the witty and intelligent being he is beneath that.

I'm expecting him to speak with one of those little voice modulator devices that you hold up against your throat, sort of like an ambulatory Steven Hawking. It think that would add exactly the correct air of flat surrealism.

Now whatever else life brings, S-Dog, you will always know that you live only two days away from Texas. Sort of puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'm glad that day 2 has gone safe and well for you
(We miss ya around here).

Have a safe drive today, and looking forward to hearing form you later on!

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
A little traveling music for you on your travels. Glad to hear two days in and all is well. And if Texans drive the way they drive here stay alert.
And I mean no disrespect towards Texan drivers. The one y'all send here don't know what they are doing.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Wow, that's a heavy day of driving!

Thanks for the updates. We do miss you around here

Stay safe and enjoy the trip.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Getting close to Saturday...

I'm pretty much all set to go...the only thing that I really have to pack is my laptop...which takes two seconds...

And then you guys will be rid of me during the day...save for my cellphone access...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
And they're all over Long Island. Before the 1950s I think mental patients must have been the majority of the Long Island population.

You know...I was re-reading this thread and the above struck me as interesting...if your apart of a burdgeoning medical field and have resources at your disposal...what better way to find subjects then by cherry picking your way through poverty stricken immigrants who not only communicate in English poorly but are pre-disposed to listen to authority figures?

And if they over react then obviously they are 'mental'...I wonder if there is a way to research this as I don't think it is a terrible stretch...hhhmmmm....

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I would be very surprised if there wasn't something to what you're saying.

I'm not sure about the Long Island Farm Asylums, but I know that the New York Psychiatric Hospital was involved with MKUltra, as well as some upstate asylums for the mentally ill and indigent.

Here's the New York State Archives site on mental health; it

deliberately avoids two powerful historiographical traditions that guide many studies of mental health treatment and policy. The first of these traditions, which began taking shape in the late nineteenth century and came of age in the 1940's and 1950's, asserts that state mental institutions are miserable warrens of neglect and suffering. The second, which emerged in the 1960's and continues to inform the arguments of many historians and sociologists, views mental institutions and the very concept of mental illness as means of controlling those who refuse to accept the mental and moral discipline of modern civilization.

So it's the whitewashed history, but a good place to start.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Leave it to us to turn a good natured thread into a preamble for a major conspiracy thread...

When I have some more time I think I'll research the hell out of that area and time frame...

I wonder what kind of records where made available for the internet...

-Continues Pondering...-

Edit to add..thanks for square one...

[edit on Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:44:42 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Leave it to us to turn a good natured thread into a preamble for a major conspiracy thread...

Hey, why not.

A lot of MK was done in New York, for example at Columbia:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmm, perhaps let's not turn this into "Ian and Shock's Mind-Control History Tour of America", though, huh?

I do really want to see Montauk, though.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

I do really want to see Montauk, though.

I'm not sure how much there really is left to see at Montauk, since the base has been turned into a state park, but maybe there's something left.

If any of you are sailors you could try for a sneak tour of Plum Island.

Mem, I doubt there's all that much available online. Best bets would probably be the archives of the institutions in question (many of which have been eaten by one of the university-affiliated hospital, eg New York Psych is now part of Columbia Presbyterian), the New York Public Library collections, and the Museum of the City of New York. And Ellis Island, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

"A Course In Miracles" and Cathy O'Brian (the whole cult/ritual abuse torture) kind of works to distract the MK issue into the realms of religious/spiritual/abstract...in my opinion...and further my opinion is that type of material completely derails any serious consideration of MK Topics (indeed alot of the research is above the average citizens comprehension and inclination/interest for comprehension).

I am borderline thinking Cathy is a fraud for that reason alone...though some of her 'testimony' just seems contradictory...

Though I suppose there could be something to it...

[/running my mouth]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Mem, I doubt there's all that much available online. Best bets would probably be the archives of the institutions in question (many of which have been eaten by one of the university-affiliated hospital, eg New York Psych is now part of Columbia Presbyterian), the New York Public Library collections, and the Museum of the City of New York. And Ellis Island, I suppose.

I anticipate the same but I tend to pride myself on being able to stretch the rules of logic for tangible inferences...

I don't give credence to many of my extrapolations but sometimes they work...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I am borderline thinking Cathy is a fraud for that reason alone...though some of her 'testimony' just seems contradictory...

(emphasis added)

I have no doubt you're being charitable there, and I agree. The 'personality theory' research of 130 seems very interesting, though, particularly in regards to depersonalizing belief systems. Well in advance of its time, almost to the level of today's political rhetoric.
I really wonder what all that 'research' entailed.

See? Thread derailed.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Incredibly charitable...

I tried watching a youtube of her and turned it off as the entire speech was esentially a graphic display of horrid imagery - and nothing about the science or thoughts of motives or anything remotely above a base representation of "Icky bad"....

...which when you think about it could be a clever way to dissuade intelligent reflection on the topic since such anti social imagery tends to provoke the natural dissociation response in the human animal and encourage a change of topic/disinclination to visit the subject matter...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

...which when you think about it

Now you're being appropriately suspicious. There's a fascinating intersection between victimhood and disinformation, isn't there?

This is going to be a wonderful trip!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
This is going to be a wonderful trip!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join