It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stressed Out? Study Reveals Kissing Eases Stress Hormones!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
hosted.ap.org...

a panel of scientists examined the mystery of what happens when hearts throb and lips lock. Kissing, it turns out, unleashes chemicals that ease stress hormones in both sexes

Can anyone else besides me think that this is true? I have noticed that lately...especially since the economic meltdown started...I feel better just from smooching with my spouse! Seriously this is no joke! I noticed it, and even asked him if we could just kiss for longer so I could feel better!

It must not be as noticable for him...suprise! Or he is not as stressed out!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

*grin*

lucky man

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Can anyone else besides me think that this is true?

I believe this is true. Our emotions need outlets in stressful times, this is a positive one that leads to win-win for both. What's better than that?

ETA: additional link
edit on 8-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
404 error.

The page you've requested does not exist at this address.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination, try visiting the AP home page or look through a list of AP's online services.

^^ your link.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

edit on 8-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: oops, replied instead of fixing a quote. Doh!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
What's better than that?

**bigger grin**

I plead the fifth....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Seems you revived a long ago posted topic....

Yes, I think I have found a working link for this article!

www.msnbc.msn.com...
Yeah, I still love this idea, as it works and I know it does.

Cheers to all of us kissers!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
404 error.

The page you've requested does not exist at this address.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination, try visiting the AP home page or look through a list of AP's online services.

^^ your link.

Try here:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

hehe...

some things just need to be done...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

some things just need to be done...

Stress relief au natural!

In an experiment, Hill explained, pairs of heterosexual college students who kissed for 15 minutes while listening to music experienced significant changes in their levels of the chemicals oxytocin, which affects pair bonding, and cortisol, which is associated with stress. Their blood and saliva levels of the chemicals were compared before and after the kiss.

Both men and women had a decline in cortisol after smooching, an indication their stress levels declined.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Apparently there are even How-To guides....

Before a Romantic Kiss

1. Get your lips in proper kissing order. The most kissable lips are smooth and sweet, not dry, chapped and tense. The guidelines in How to Get Kissable Lips will help both men and women make their lips look more attractive and inviting. Here are the basics:

2. Look inviting and approachable. You might not realize it when you send a "leave me alone" message, so read up on How to Look Approachable. Uncross your arms, keep your hands away from your face, make eye contact, and smile! Similarly, read his or her body language - is this person into you? Or does this person seem uncomfortable?

3. Break the "touch barrier." Touch the person lightly on the arm or shoulder when you're talking. Just make it a quick, innocent touch and don't make a big deal out of it. Holding hands is also a good way to break the touch barrier. (Guys, you may want to read How to Touch a Girl for more ideas on how to break the touch barrier without overstepping boundaries.) If everything is going well, try kissing the person on the cheek. If you find your lips near their ear (like if you're hugging someone from behind, or whispering something to them) go in for a gentle kiss on the cheek and see how they respond.

4. Look at their lips. Make eye contact and then move your gaze briefly down to the person's lips. Then move your eyes back up to meet theirs and smile demurely. You don't have to be really obvious about it. Many people will take the hint, especially if they've read one of the many articles that lists this as a sign that a person wants to kiss or be kissed.

5. Approach for the kiss. Depending on your starting position you may need only to turn your head, or you may need to lean in a bit. You may want to use your hands to gently urge your partner’s body or head into position—you just want to guide his or her movement a little, you don’t want to forcibly move any part of his or her body or hold your partner in an uncomfortable position—but in general you just want to position yourself correctly and let your partner meet you. As you near your partner’s lips, maintain eye contact.

Who knew it was all so complicated???

And now your ready to kiss romantically:

The Gentle Lip Lock (Romantic Kiss)

1. As your lips make contact with theirs, pucker them slightly and close your eyes. If you "overpucker" your lips will become tense, which is better for the platonic peck (described below), not for romance.
2. Kiss your partner's upper or lower lip gently, then pull away slightly. Put about an inch or 3 cm between you and your partner's lips.
3. Open your eyes. Once your gaze meets theirs, smile a little and decide whether or not to go for another kiss. If things are going well, move on to the next step. Or if one or both of you think that's enough for today, pull away, smile, and shift your gaze elsewhere.
4. Kiss your partner's upper or lower lip again, but this time part your lips so that their lip goes between yours. Apply a little bit of pressure closing your lips as you pull away. You can practice on the length of your finger to get an idea for how much pressure to apply. You can also gently pinch one of your lips between your index finger and thumb to see how it feels to have someone kiss you in this way.
5. Switch to the other lip. If you were kissing their upper lip, now go to their lower lip, and vice versa. Ideally, as you kiss someone's upper lip, they're kissing your lower lip, and vice versa, and you can go on like this for quite some time, alternating with closed lip kisses.

There are even lots of other info.. how to kiss someone taller, how to french kiss...
wikihow dot com Kiss

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah I heard about this releasing hormones in the brain that stifles the brains ability to notice fear and a few other things. So go on pucker up and kiss your buttercups out there. Brings a whole new meaning to Have no fear doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Yeah I heard about this releasing hormones in the brain that stifles the brains ability to notice fear and a few other things. So go on pucker up and kiss your buttercups out there. Brings a whole new meaning to Have no fear doesn't it?

Fear is the number one way they have of controlling. People who are afraid are easier to control. That is one reason you are bombarded by fear every time you turn on the mind control tube, especially the nightly propaganda broadcasts.

So the "make love not war" crowd really knew what they were talking about!

We need a new 70's revolution.

Overthrow TPTB through love... not war.

new topics

top topics

join