It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: Doomsday- The movie....A warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well, got this movie out to watch while I was on nightshift thinking I was about to see a disaster movie regarding the 2012 prophecies, and all I can say is what a waste of time and money, and (advanced apologies) utter christian BS. Its all about god, and almost nothing to do with 2012 itself...it sounds like it just pulled out the date and used it to make a movie ripping off the yet to be released 2012 movie

Alarm bells should have started ringing when I saw the producer was Nick Everhart, who boasts great films such as "I am Omega", "Transmoprphers", "100 million BC", "Quantam Apocalypse", "Alien vs Hunter" and most hilarious of all "Alan Quatermaine and The Temple of Skulls".

So the story completely deviates from anything remotely involved in the 2012 prophecy discussed here and, to add, all the 2012 related events portrayed in the film are crappily portrayed using "youtube grade" CGI and bad acting.

I did however learn a lot of things from the movie. For example:
-In San Diego, snow is pink and appears like silly string
- Street signs in Mexico warning of flooded waters are written in english (good one mexican road authority)
-The word god is able to be used 7 times in one sentence
-Blizzard conditions only happen when its a sunny day
-Baseball sized hail is not powerful to dent a car yet is powerful enough to smash through a windshield of a car and through a mans chest
-The mayans were all actually christian
-The sun will shine for 2 days straight (according to the "end of days prophecy) but only on one side (the american side) of the earth
-Evacuating only the west coast of the USA is the only way to survive doomsday
-When the poles tilt due to doomsday, it will bring blizzards and snow to Mexico and the Southern USA, yet the only way to avoid this is driving quickly in a northerly direction, wtf?
-Pregnant women never wear underwear
-London will spontaneously combust on doomsday
-Only four people on earth know that sheltering in an ancient mayan temple is the way to really survive doomsday
-Only drawings by children have astrological significance in relation to ancient prophecies
-One can travel from San Diego, 2000 miles to Southern Mexico in less than 16 hours despite hail, snow and blizzard conditions....and sunshine

-Pilots are always willing to fly in a light plane though hurricane like conditions
-When pilots ascend to heaven during the rapture, they also take the pilots plane and replace it with a different kind of plane
-Only Mexicans and white americans are raptured.....

I also learnt some medical tips and pointers that those silly people that teach senior first aid never teach you, such as you can be bleeding to death from a cauterized wound, using CPR to revive someone bleeding to death is ineffective, little if no blood is a good sign you are actually bleeding to death, when bleeding to death you are able to walk talk and function like a normal person, death from blodd loss occurs suddenly like a heart attack, rather than a slow gradual descent.

So just a head ups, dont bother with this apocalypse movie, its #e.....but it was fun picking up on the flaws

Mods- Please move forums if required

[edit on 15/2/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
thanks for the pre warning!

i can just imagine lots of people watching this rubbish and believing it though, thats the worry.

there is so much more out there to 2012 related subject. more than any hollywood movie can even touch on!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
thanks for the pre warning!

i can just imagine lots of people watching this rubbish and believing it though, thats the worry.

there is so much more out there to 2012 related subject. more than any hollywood movie can even touch on!!!

Your welcome

God told me to warn the good citizens of ATS....rofl

But seriously, I actually thought it was the 2012 movie previously discussed here. It, like many of the movies Nick Everhart has been involved in, is just a reip off, of someone else ideas, made into a bad movie. I cant wait to see, Universal Soldiers.....I like how they just added the "s" to avoid copywrite infringements

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yeah I watched this on google video ages ago.
When it first started I thought ok looking ok.
Then all the christian stuff I new it was a con and didn't finish watching it.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by BorgHoffen]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

DOH!!!!!.....
I saw it already.....its everything you said it was and then some
But I was able to watch it at least from beginning to end which I can't say for Temple of Skulls - now that was truly a stinker...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Yeah I watched this on google video ages ago.
When it first started I thought ok looking ok.
Then all the christian stuff I new it was a con and didn't finish watching it.

Yeah it was a cunning ploy I think to deflect from the better known 2012 theories (not that I believe them). On the front cover of the dvd, it has 2012: Doomsday, in large letters, and conveniently, in tiny letters out of the way its says "A modern Christian Epic, in the Tradition of the Omega Code"....if I had actually realised that before i rented it, I wouldnt have bothered. I was really looking forward to seeing the one that had previews shown here, lol

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I'm glad it's not the upcoming film directed by Roland Emmerich. Release date scheduled for July 10 2009!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Same here

Unlike this one, the Roland Emmerich preview looked awesome. I doubt this one wouldve been released into the mainstream cinema, was too religion based, and the movie title is certainly misleading

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Find out how to survive 2012 - www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hers another new doomsday movie available on Redbox www.redbox.com... Looks like a planet looming over earth on the jacket, planet Nibiru perhaps? The trailer shows statues like those on Easter Island erupting out of the ground....

join