It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got my stimulus money!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Someone has extra money lying around for printing fake prank currency notes?

Dang. Lucky guy right there.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Does anyone else see this? Am i boasting about racism in all of my posts?

No. Not at all. The thought has never occurred to me about you.

On topic - Trust me. As an Obama supporter (in case you didn't know
) the bill David presented is MUCH more effective because it doesn't go after Obama. As soon as it's associated with Obama with the picture and the Messiah stuff, people who support the Recovery package just think it's another stupid attack on Obama and discount it. But seeing a bill that looks JUST like the real one, except for the zeroes - that's shocking - and believe it or not, the people are smart enough to make the connection between the bill and Obama themselves.
And it will be a stronger connection because they made it.

So, if you want people to feel as badly as you do, as scared for their future as you are and as mad at Obama as you are, David's bill is much more effective.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Someone has extra money lying around for printing fake prank currency notes?

Hey, if he can do it and they can do it, then all of us can print our own money!

What will you put on your zero dollar bills?

Seriously, I'm not sure which is more concerning... The obvious political statements, the racism, or the fact that someone would waste the time and effort to do something like this.

Now I've got to go get some money in my checking account before my checks end up as worthless as this money is.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No. Not at all. The thought has never occurred to me about you.

Thank you. I know I'm far from perfect and people may disagree with me but I've never thought of myself pushing racial issues at every moment.

But seeing a bill that looks JUST like the real one, except for the zeroes - that's shocking - and believe it or not, the people are smart enough to make the connection between the bill and Obama themselves. And it will be a stronger connection because they made it.

It's scary what is happening right now, I think we can all agree on that no matter whom you support or don't support.

You are right though, it is shocking to see 0's where 1's should be. That would certainly get people's attention. If i were to receive one it would definitely catch my eye.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
It's scary what is happening right now, I think we can all agree on that no matter whom you support or don't support.

No truer words have been posted about these times we are going through right now.

...Does anyone else see this? Am i boasting about racism in all of my posts?

No, but you were the first to catch it here and express it. That alone is commendable and adheres to the site motto; deny ignorance.

Well done!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Saying goodbye to my stimulus money.

I was paying bills online and stuffing envelopes with checks and cooking dinner when my sister walks in, sees this fake money on my desk, asked "what is this" looks at it for a bit and she totally lost it... Went off on some insane rant and I'm still not sure what half of it was that she said. Then she crumbled it all up and threw it at me.

After catching her breath she asked me where I got it, I told her and she ranted even more... Needless to say she doesn't know I posted it on the internet.

Its in the trash where it belongs now, it's an amazing thing seeing the impact a fake bill can have on a person.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

That's the thing. If it had been a regular bill she would have looked at it completely differently.

Your sister showed exactly why it was wrong. I'm glad you brought it to our attention, but i agree, it belongs in the trash.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well, I think that was the photo they used with him smoking a cigarette too. What made me laugh was that it said: Crook County National Bank.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I call it the Limbaugh effect.

They get so lost in all of his theories, that they cannot differentiate right from wrong anymore. Much of what he says may hold significant substance, but the rest of it is complete garbage that causes exactly what we saw here.

So, yes, while this guy could have displayed his point perfectly by simply making the value zero, he instead, offended anyone with a conscience by turning into a partisan piece of garbage.

Oh, well.

[edit on 2/15/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Enjoyed reading the discussion guys. It does a pretty good job illustrating a big problem with our society today.
I mean, with the way they are extending the campaigns now-a-days, it is almost like the campaigning never stops. (See the thread about Obama going out to "sell" his stimulus package days after it has been passed through the legislature... More campaigning)...
And the more people SHOULD be seeing that this is a farce and both of these "parties" are in on it together.
Even if they don't directly cooperate on these things, they are both playing their role as dictated from Corporate America...

What does all that mean to the point? The point is that people DON'T GET THE POINT when they makes things partisan and/or racist. As if either of those things are what is causing this mess...
Transnational Banking Cartels are solely to blame for this... Not Obama personally. (He isn't innocent, though... He's playing his part, to be sure.)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
What does all that mean to the point? The point is that people DON'T GET THE POINT when they makes things partisan and/or racist. As if either of those things are what is causing this mess...

Is a worthless dollar worth more or less than a completely devalued dollar regardless of what is in the print?

The thing about politics is when someone representing one party takes on an agenda that pisses people opposed to that agenda off it can cause that opposition to go to the extreme.

Divisive politics drive political extremism.

I had hope that under a new administration and with the magnitude of this economic crisis we'd have an opportunity to move beyond partisan politics. With the reckless way the recovery plan and legislation was rushed through by an unstoppable majority party in the manner which it was, has in effect rammed a wedge between parties and ultimately we all lose... The right plan would have been a cooperative plan that represents the concerns and will of the people not the agenda of a controlling party.

Bottom line... politics as usual.. No change... High risk of failure, failure that could greatly impact the lives of ALL Americans regardless of party affiliation.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Something I didn't think about when I posted this.

A friend (one that went to that movie) sent me an e-mail warning. She believes that because I have posted this that I will be audited by the IRS.. I am expecting a direct deposit tax return this week, if that doesn't happen and I get audited because of posting a picture online that would be interesting to say the least.

If that does happen and it might, I'll update that here.

How could they know who posted something here?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Something I found interesting reading on an intentionally devalued dollar...

www.forbes.com...

It can be done on a country-by-country basis, but a coordinated devaluation would work best. A devaluation of 30% would raise the dollar value of all assets by 43%. A $200,000 home with a $230,000 mortgage would become a $286,000 home with the same mortgage. Presto! The homeowner who was $30,000 upside-down now has $56,000 equity and a good reason to make his payments. Both the homeowner and the bank are immediately better-off.

It would even benefit those who purchased their homes responsibly, as the value of their homes would rise by the same 43%. The current course of throwing trillions of dollars at the culprits is without any benefit to those who acted responsibly.

Admittedly, this is not a solution without the price of inflation, but the inflation would be short-lived. The current course will ultimately cause massive inflation that cannot be accurately estimated, and it may not even solve the problem.

Interesting article, suggest reading it in full if you have time.

Better hope they don't screw up and find themselves unable to stop it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join