It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got my stimulus money!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Last night I went with some friends to see the Clint Eastwood movie Grand Torino, while standing in line this guy is handing out what looks like money, he gets to me and hand me 4 of these bills and says here is your stimulus money!

At first I was a bit shocked, then seen the political humor in it. While silly, it does make a point about the strong possibility that the US dollar could be devalued as a result of massive spending plans and a worsening economy.

So maybe one day we could actually have real worthless money!

I took a photo of the bill and uploaded it here...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Flame away!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We need to print out of millions of those bills and hand them out.... Just dump them out on the street everywhere.

Anything on the back of the bill?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Some people have a lot of time on their hands. They could use a lot of that time for good use by, first, quit listening to Rush Limbaugh all of the time. Here's what you get for that:

1) A few hours each day of your life back.

2) A point of view that isn't completely jaded.

3) Time not wasted handing out phony money.

4) Probably a drop in blood pressure.

5) More time to gather opinions from people who aren't openly bigots.

Seems off topic, but I guarantee this guy listens to Limbaugh. PROMISE IT.

Garbage in, garbage out.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
After looking at this, I couldn't help but notice Jesse Jackson as Surgeon General in the bottom right corner.

Whoever made this is a racist.

If they were truly being sincere they would have a picture of ALL OF CONGRESS on there as well.

Why do people always forget that laws have to go through Congress?

Stupid man. It's just stupid.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Some people have a lot of time on their hands. They could use a lot of that time for good use by, first, quit listening to Rush Limbaugh all of the time. Here's what you get for that:

1) A few hours each day of your life back.

t2) A point of view that isn't completely jaded.

3) Time not wasted handing out phony money.

4) Probably a drop in blood pressure.

5) More time to gather opinions from people who aren't openly bigots.

Seems off topic, but I guarantee this guy listens to Limbaugh. PROMISE IT.

Garbage in, garbage out.

It's called a political statement and this person is not the first person to do this. Not sure how you came to the conclusion that this person's view was completely jaded when you know absolutely nothing about them or their views.

I dont think this person has been listening to Limbaugh they have been watching our economy go to the #ter just like everyone else in the U.S.

Like I said before this is not the first time someone has done this and it probably wont be the last.

www.securitiesdocket.com...

Edit: Did'nt see the Jessie Jackson reference that is pretty stupid and the bill could have def done without that.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by TooManyHumans]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Anything on the back of the bill?

Typical greenback bill with more satirical political humor, rather pointless and somewhat offensive depending on your personal or ideological views.

Mine will go in the trash along with my junk mail and the bills I can't pay.

The point for me was the ZERO... I get the humor, though it isn't really that funny.

Yes apparently some people have too much time on their hands, I wish I had taken the time to ask that guy why he was doing this... I speculate that he is a right-wing radical, simply trying to have a little fun, or maybe he lost his job and has nothing better to do.

BTW, not one person turned down this free joke money!

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

If they were truly being sincere they would have a picture of ALL OF CONGRESS on there as well.

Why do people always forget that laws have to go through Congress?

Stupid man. It's just stupid.

I agree with what you are saying, but Obama ran this big campaign about CHANGE.

It appears that nothing is going to change for the better... only for the worse.

Obama isn't any different form the rest of them IMO.

I remember him talking about how the first thing he was going to do was pass a stimulous bill when he got into office... I think it's obvious that there is nothing STIMULATING about the bill that just got passed.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I'm not saying that I don't think what is happening right now in our government is right. I'm as outspoken as anyone on the whole thing about inflation but this is blatant racism.

This is why everything is going to damn hell because people don't even know what the hell they are fighting for!!

Damnit i'm so sick of this garbage.

It's no wonder people call Republicans racists when there is crap like this floating around. This will automatically get pinned on anyone who isn't a full supporter on Obama.

This will probably make the news when the country is falling apart at the seams.

Freakin morons. Whomever made this is a complete jackass.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TooManyHumans

Right, except it says Obamessiah on there and Jessie Jackson. That tells me everything I need to know about this guy.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
After looking over the bill again I agree it was made in poor taste. It's nothing like the bill in the link I posted. I should have payed more attention to the details because this guy is just playing on all the crap that has already been stirred up by the anti-Obama's.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Exactly.

This is how it should have been done or similar to this.

When people look at the other Obama version they will only see racism and not the real message it should be conveying.

It's the first thing I got out of it and I'm STRONGLY against the bailouts/stimulus.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck

Right, except it says Obamessiah on there and Jessie Jackson. That tells me everything I need to know about this guy.

Would it be okay if he removed those two comments?

Then would it be a good message?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I agree that the bill was made by a racist. I just wonder if it will have ANY of the desired effect?
Not the racial POV, but the fact that Obama is handing us a bunch of sh-t.
A bunch of nothing.
This "stimulus" package is a complete farce and I can understand some of the anger being displayed in this action. I just wouldn't have taken it to the racial level.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Just like how David did it. That would have been extremely effective.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Believe it or not, I agree with the racism on this bogus bill.

Anyone that would dare make fun of Lord Obama or Jessie Jackson is definately a racist.

Next anyone opposing Lord Obama's Porkulus Spending Bill will be labeled racist also. It's coming.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Why am I not surprised by this comment?

Yes ATSers, this is coming from someone who wants Strom Thurmond to rise from the grave to solve our problems. To those of you who don't know, Strom Thurmond is was a known racist who sat in Congress forever.

What we need is a good old fashioned filibuster. Where is Strom Thurmond when you need him? Better yet maybe we can find a few Democrats with a conscience?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course you do.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Why am I not surprised by this comment?

Yes ATSers, this is coming from someone who wants Strom Thurmond to rise from the grave to solve our problems. To those of you who don't know, Strom Thurmond is was a known racist who sat in Congress forever.

What we need is a good old fashioned filibuster. Where is Strom Thurmond when you need him? Better yet maybe we can find a few Democrats with a conscience?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course you do.

You seem like the type that sees racism behind every tree.

"For those of you who don't know"...Strom Thurmond holds the record for the longest recorded filibuster in Congressional history.

That is the context in which I was referring. Someone to take a stand against the Pelosi-Reid-Obama Porkulus Bill.

But this episode just further convinces me that if you dare make fun of, or disagree with Lord Obama you will somehow be branded as a racist.

David....I know you are against this massive Porkulus Bill. How do you feel about potentially being branded a racist because of this?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
But it's just a piece of paper with ink on it.

Should I burn it and post a short video of it here?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'd rather see a video of someone flying a flag upside down on their town-square, but that's just me...
It would send quite a message.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You seem like the type that sees racism behind every tree.

I do? Does anyone else see this? Am i boasting about racism in all of my posts?

David....I know you are against this massive Porkulus Bill. How do you feel about potentially being branded a racist because of this?

I'm not worried about being branded a racist because i'm against the stimulus package. I don't see anyone calling me a racist in the threads.

What I am worried about is garbage like the Obama printed money which IS racist. I swear people are dead set against DESTROYING their argument with stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join