It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close minded people.........

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

Bravo to you for speaking out. No matter how hard anyone tries, no matter what anyone thinks.... you can never hide the truth. It will eventually come out. I love how everyone always complains about "conspiracy theorists." Often times the word conspiracy is associated with a lie. If it wasn't for conspiracy theorists the truth would never be brought to the forefront. If people want to rid the world of the theorist, rid the world of conspiracy's first. But we all know that will never happen, at least not in this lifetime. I'm always going to tell the truth no matter what. I've noticed that I can be in a room with ten people listening to a particular conversation on a subject (such as 911)that I know they are lying about. I'll throw in a little truth in with all of their lying crap and one of two things happens, either they will get mad raise their voice (as in your case) or they go silent. Truth is powerful thing, and these day's it's the best thing to be armed with. It's a shame it's so hard to find. Me and alot of others have a thirst for the truth, and that's why we come here. This website is a truth goldmine, and I'm thankful that it exists.

great post btw i really do agree with you there 100% the world really does need conspiracy theorists or people who just question things in general really and its so frustrating when you encounter people who are close minded and who stay in a world of lies and kow they are in a world of lies aswell

and they dont even bother to research something theat they are claiming like for example the 9/11 thing they just accept the lies in which they know are lies although i feel for the people who dont know they have to wake up yet but i do feel that we all have an opportunity toi wake up to things but some of us choose to ignore it and some choose to embrace it just like we have done here at this site and i thank god we have this site

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

You are certainly one of a kind.
But I certainly agree, if I tell my boyfriend anything he wonders where I get it from. And if he doubts me, I send him here myself for him to confirm. Which is aggravating, but you do what you have too.

And yes I am very glad that I too found ATS, it certainly is mind opening.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The true 'searchers of the truth' or serious conspricacy theorists (not these nutty alien abuctee-we're all interdimensional being types) don't seek hollow victory against the ignorant and dellusional.

If you think you'll win a 9/11 argument or debate forget it. Present your case then close with actual detail of mass govt cover up.... the Gulf Of Tolkin incident took 40 years to be debunked. The US created a war. and a revisionist history before. And only time will tell that GWB and Cheney were complicit in the deaths of 3000 people in 9/11 (the truth may even be far stranger than todays 9/11 inside job view)

At 1500G, Captain Herrick (commander of the Maddox) ordered Ogier's gun crews to open fire if the boats approached within ten thousand yards. At about 1505G, the Maddox fired three rounds to warn off the communist boats. This initial action was never reported by the Johnson administration, which insisted that the Vietnamese boats fired first.[2]

It's a subtle play on words/facts but the US warmongers killed 6million + during the Vietnam War.

Time will be our judge.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Originally posted by ConMi27

You are certainly one of a kind.

i assume that is a compliment

[edit on 16/2/2009 by Anti - Government]

[edit on 16/2/2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Ugh I get this from my husband ALL.THE.TIME.

It does get really frusterating, as soon as I start to talk about something I read on the site, he says "Do you believe everything you read on the internet." $%$%&!!!!

I get that on occasion from my wife and kids. We can form a club!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
as with anything you have to be careful what you want...an open-minded person could have had every type of logical brain matter spill out.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I understand how you feel. But please, for the love of all that's holy, USE PUNCTUATION!

Your rant was almost impossibly frustrating to read.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Ya know... I use to post about 9-11 on some Off-Topic discussion boards on several sports forums... and sometimes I still do.

Where the main forums are about sports... but then they have a forum where you can talk about anything... Wow, I was the biggest outcast on the board.

But also in reality... in the real world... I think most of the 9-11 truth movement is experiencing the same thing.

I feel your pain.

A lot of ous on ATS can see it clear as day. We don't have all the answers... We just know that 9-11 was a lie.

I experienced the same thing on a general Canadian forum, but there was another member doing the same thing, (spreading the truth).

I understand why you got so blasted on a sports forum, because all these people want to do is ignore the world, and IMAGINE being real men, and for some reason, they think not investigating the world they live in is a better thing to do, and so we have the masses distracted.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The Way Home or Face the Fire -

www.jahtruth.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oolon

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Ugh I get this from my husband ALL.THE.TIME.

It does get really frusterating, as soon as I start to talk about something I read on the site, he says "Do you believe everything you read on the internet." $%$%&!!!!

I get that on occasion from my wife and kids. We can form a club!

- My reply to that: "Do you believe everything you see on the news? Even if you don't the masses have. - The internet is going to be controlled; Guns are being taken away; Troops are being put on the streets; But the internet is NOT censored completely YET, so go and look at the need to know info while you still can!

- Yes, there is a ton of crap out there on the internet, but if you hold your nose long enough, you'll come across verifiable facts. In the case of 9/11; A few DVDs or letters presenting the plethora of the official story's contradictions with reality are all that is needed. - Yet the internet has enabled the truth to spread.

There is false & true information in almost every source of information; Your job as a sentient being is to sift through it.

- I've put together a site that puts all the verifiable inforation together, but many won't even look at it due to the many filters of judgement, such as; It's the internet/ATS/not a well known news source. - But all the same, I created it, and as you were saying, we can form a club there. I'm not going to spam the forum with a link, as it's already in my signature.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Time=Now]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

To be closed minded is to accept the status quo. Someday they may sadly find that they have been closed off from reality, which may have landed them in captivity.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. ~ Goethe

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government
wow thanks alot evryonebody for all of your replies so far they are all seriously great and i appreciate the kind words and advice from most and no offence to any of the other posts but his one called out to me quite a lot actually

Tis a lonely world for those that are awakening...........

I used to be on that closed minded side, all the time I thought I was open minded but wasn't...................it is really hard reasoning with those that are still in the position I was. See that wall? Might as well bang your head on that!

I still am opening more and more. The "brain washing" that religion gives us has taken quite a few years to wear down to the point I am at now.

frustration abounds! But hang in there!

mainly because it describes exactly me

I used to think i was open minded even though i wasnt or wasnt compared to the now i think that may be why its more frustrating being around closeminded individuals because i used to be there and im where i am now so i know that they should also be here now aswell so thank you to all the posts especially this one

Glad to know I am not the only one too.

It has taken a lot of years to get to this point I am in. But just the last few months and even the last couple of weeks, I feel I have become even more aware, even if my path isn't correct, at least my thinking is changing and I hope, opening up. I feel I am able to reason better. But even at that dogma is still dogging me (:@@
and interfering with my thinking abilities, not that they were much anyway.

I have learned to shelve certain notions and each time I do, my reasonings make more sense........at least to me.

Where I think my path is leading me, 10 or 15 years ago I would have laughed and ridiculed someone for going this direction.

People in our position makes me think of Matt. 7:13, 14 (So, I normally don't quote scripture, I am sure someone will point out I am misapplying it, including my mom) "13 Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." I bet you will understand how I am applying it in this case.

Like I said, Hang in there.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Every day i am constantly seeing things that i know are wrong and that something is never right about them. Could it be i am just a believer of the ideals that we are in an alternate reality or is it just some kind of intuition. I have people telling me everyday; say; aliens dont exist and neither does the men in black. . . but they are all too scared to even look on the internet to say "hey i have my own proof you are wrong" they just say its not there and hide 'under the covers so to speak'. I am a major believer of humans having powers of sorts, but cant even bring any books of the occult into my house cause my mother in law is a full blood christian, and ordained minister of the church. . hmmm this is my only alternative. . . can anyone give me any good reading for anything. . i like all types of conspiracy theories

Havok

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Oolon

apparently alot of people are "accelerating" in the late, so to speak. i know for one i have. i must say this is an awesome thread. everyone getting along. it sure gives me hope in the coming times.

op did you ever see the thread heading in this direction?

about the op ive gotta say i couldnt agree more. i was actually just discussing it with a friend. and the main topic that comes up is 9/11. people tell me its crazy and say "why would they kill so many people"? of course, i cant justify such actions. but just because its hard to believe, doesnt make it false. do your research, THEN argue with me, cuz ive done mine. its like i heard somewhere, "your thoughts are ahead of your awareness" in laymans, your quick to REact, rather than act intellectualy. "NO IT CANT BE TRUE"!! they say.

maybe instead of putting yourself on your friends frequency and arguing back, just smile and tell him to do his research and when ready, kneel down and do some butt kissin. its all in how you respond.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by manonfire123

Yeah, my mom and dad (in their mid-seventies) are more open minded than my niece's fiancee' (thirty something). I was telling him about the different gun control bills that are being sent through the government right now and he said "That'll never happen, and you are a fool if you think it will."

I was trying to get him to understand there is a majority in both branches of government plus the president, which may allow it to happen. He is a gun owner too, so you would think he would do some research and see how extreme the danger is, but he'd rather act like I am crazy and don't know what I am talking about........go figure. Of course, he spends all his computer time on playing on-line games and in chat rooms.....

I wonder if he will apologize to me if it some of the things I was trying to tell him about DO happen?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think its great that people are allowed to speak in freedom, conspiracies and given public space to share their views. It makes me feel good because i truly know freedom exists.

My main problem is when the conspiracies are not true but turn into truths within peoples minds and then this grows into a phenomena where people get hurt.

The main point is Hitler's Germany which really started on a conspiracy theory.

Hitler followed the conspiracy going around at the time that Jews secretly ruled the world.

Somehow thousands of seemingly sensible people voted him in. One has to assume that the conspiracy spread from one household to another and held as truth. Yet the mirror of the conspiracy was it's perpetrator.

This is a mind virus, and extremely dangerous and potentially devistating mind virus that can let it's users not see the truth clearly and make a gateway for evil persons.

Over six million people not only lost their freedom but also their very humanity and personal histories.

There has never been within our lifetimes such devastation, destruction, humiliation and terror and the closest in the history of mankind towards a Totalitarian New World Order.

Your thoughts are but mere seeds in the passages of times. I would say also be careful at what seeds you are allowing to be planted in your mind for one day you may have to answer to those and while they may appear as passing fancies, they could in fact control your better judgement when you need it the most.

or as obi one would say, you just may join the dark side.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

To be closed minded is to accept the status quo. Someday they may sadly find that they have been closed off from reality, which may have landed them in captivity.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. ~ Goethe

Boy is that true!!

Just because a person is convinced that their way is the right way does not make it true. They do not understand that there are other realities.

I cannot stand the childish name calling when someone disagrees with what you say. I find this especially with both faith extremes: atheists and hard core fundamentalists. Both are absolutely convinced they are right and cannot see that there are other options! Both can be very closed minded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join