It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Please Explain To Me - The Theory that Jupiter Ignited - while behind the Sun right now

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by daz__

I think that should lay this theory to rest once and for all.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by ngchunter]

Thanks NGC.
That certainly wraps it up for me..
Those lens flares are little tricksters..

peace all

daz__

[edit on 19/2/2009 by daz__]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wantto correct a few statements that were made. You should all read the article on Candice Frieze's site. It does NOT say Jupiter naturally ignited or ignited by a CME from the sun. It says a Spiritual being named Aton or Hatonn or Christ Michael (all same being) and some group of ETs and/or inter-dimensional beings purposely ignited it with some slow process. It would not nova. I'm not saying I believe it, but if the article is true then Jupiter might not appear any different yet. I don't know why they would say this if it's BS. What little credibility they have with their followers would be severely damaged.
I also want to say I firmly believe the Illuminati tried to ignite Jupiter with the Plutonium and will try Saturn next to wipe out most of the population while they hide in their underground bases. The thing we have to worry about if they succeeded is the shockwave and asteroids being flung our way. I'm not sure about the radiation. Any comments, fire away.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Sargoth the RTG's in the probes don't carry enough plutonium to ignite anything. They simply operate the instruments on board the spacecraft. They do this through the natural decay process. RTG is radio thermal generator I believe. The tiny bit of heat they generate powers the instruments due to the fact that the sun is quite weak at that distance so solar driven power systems won't work. I may have simplified this a bit so those that know more feel free to correct me.

Don't get me wrong...plutonium is nasty stuff and if such a probe were to explode on the launchpad I would think it would cause a nasty problem locally...but even then it wouldn't cause any kind of thermonuclear reaction.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by questioningall

The burning Jupiter is based on a "seer's" visions (she's been predicting this off and on for different years) that are probably based on the Arthur C. Clarke scenario in his "2010" novel.

And even Clark went on to say:

Letters: Igniting Jupiter

* 21 May 1994 by ARTHUR C. CLARKE
* Magazine issue 1926. Subscribe and get 4 free issues.

D. Pennington (Letters, 9 April) refers to the forthcoming impact of comet Shoemaker-Levy on Jupiter during the last week of July - the most dramatic astronomical event of this century, if not of all history. He states: 'I understood that Jupiter's mass was just short of that required for self-ignition, which would enable it to become a second sun. I hope experts have taken into account the possibility of artificial (sic) ignition. . .'

Precisely such an event - though with a somewhat different scenario - was the climax of 2010: Odyssey II, and was superbly rendered in Peter Hyams's movie. Though I do not for a moment believe that this will actually happen (Jupiter would have to possess ten times its present mass to become a sun, and that of any comet is quite negligible), I am not averse to generating a little alarm - and publicity!

Arthur C. Clarke Colombo, Sri Lanka

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Nice find Pauligirl!

Straight from the horses mouth.. of course to those who deemed him to be the prophet.

Star for you!

IRM

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I read that it was something like 72 lbs. of Plutonium that would create the biggest nuclear detonation ever by man. I'll look for that afer I post this.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Just found it on page 2 of this thread. It says Cassini has 72 lbs. of weapons grade Plutonium, capable of causing a 600 kiloton explosion. It said Galileo had 48 lbs.

Check this video. I know it doesn't prove anything but it might give you more academic types more access to info. All the graphs etc. are over my head.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to believe about any of this, but I do think there is something going on at the moment. I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but here is a site showing activity on either side of the sun.

soi.stanford.edu...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

This is what it says at the site.

The farside images are maps of wave speed variations with locations of faster wave speed shown darker. These darker regions indicate locations where there is an accumulation of magnetic field on the far surface. The method is certainly not noise free and produces noisier images when there is some data missing due to telemetry gaps.

Source

In short it has nothing to do with Jupiter igniting, simply for the fact that Jupiter did not ignite!

IRM

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Well I'm definately no nuclear physicist but I'm thinking it would take more than just having the plutonium to start a reaction. But again I'm no expert

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm no astronomer either (far from it) but we saw Shoemaker-Levy 9 impact Jupiter with enough violence to form an impact scar several times bigger than Earth's size. So I honestly fail to see how a probe (no matter how charged up) would ignite the bugger. Like I mentioned in another thread I'd be surprised if Jupiter ignited even if we threw Earth's entire nuclear arsenal at it. Hell... I'd be surprised if we threw Earth at it and it ignited.

But again I'm no astronomer or physicist.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Firstly I do not believe Jupiter has ignited or exploded and turned into a second sun but I do agree on what you point out. I do not think there would be shock waves sent to Earth if this event ever did happen (and I highly doubt this will ever happen in our lifetimes).

We would probably see Jupiter like we see the moon and temperatures on Earth would rise which would cause us some enviromental problems but it wouldnt wipe us all out.

But like I and others have said, I dont think Jupiter has ignited, it looks just the same as it did a couple of months ago. And anyhow, remember in December all those photos people took of the smiley face in the sky that consisted of the Moon, Venus and Jupiter?? if Jupiter was going to explode we would of seen Jupiter to be brighter or profoundly different at the time of the smiley face event.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction

Many people have discussed this very thing from the start - but when peoples minds are made up, they're made up.

IRM

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

And if you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This video was presented as a reply on another forum that is discussing this same issue.

Not sure if it has been seen yet.

However, as someone had mentioned earlier the "lightworkers" had made a claim that is was a "small fire that needed kindling" or something to the effect. Another words it's a slow process and wont be entirely visible till march. But I am sure as time progress's more and more Pictures and videos such as this one will show up.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mysterysoul

So the goal posts have been moved to March? What happens if March comes and go's and Jupiter (or Saturn for that matter) have not ignited? What will you say then? Will you accept it as bunk or accept a later date sighted by some all too common excuse?

IRM

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by Mysterysoul

So the goal posts have been moved to March? What happens if March comes and go's and Jupiter (or Saturn for that matter) have not ignited? What will you say then? Will you accept it as bunk or accept a later date sighted by some all too common excuse?

IRM

HAHA, sorry I guess it did read that I was believing the story.

Actually, I find the evidence in the video pretty compelling. I am not a believer of it. I meant it to read like i was relaying the information I had already found.. I think it would be interesting if we did have a second sun, it would definatly make our skies even more interesting. but it's not something i can buy into with the evidence presented.

I am not sure what their responses will be, it's difficult to say as most of the responses gained now have been mainly reciting their "love and light" and messages from "anton" or something of the like. And haven't been forthcoming in any kind of REAL responses.

I also believe that same person who did the video also had a comparison video of two different year SOHO images I believe from 2007. that showed the exact same Lens flare occur.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There might be something to Jupiter igniting, take a look at this picture, someone took yesterday!

They say it is COMPLETELY Real - they think it may be PLANETX but what if it is Jupiter?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

What happens in late March when Jupiter still hasn't become our second sun? I guess the same things happen as previously when Candace Frieze's predictions have failed:

The followers keep on waiting, believing, and some of them say "Jupiter definitely looks brighter every day"; and they keep on sending their "proofs" aka more heavenly guided misinformation (channellings by Candace) and pictures from NASA and SOHO along with their claims how these institutions cover up the real facts and lie about everything; then comes April and they grow silent; some of the followers leave AbundantHope or their yahoo-group site AHSupport or get thrown out of there because of criticizing their great leader Candace Frieze; then Candace (who is an old woman living in a trailer with her cats) gives further information from the heavenly authorities where some totally unbelievable excuse is given (like "we did ignite Jupiter but it had to be cancelled because the inhabitants of Earth were living in darkness", or because of the NWO Illuminati black-ops, or because of some other scapegoats that Candace can come up with this time.

This is not the first time this very distracted lady with voices in her head has done this. This is not the first time that her misguided followers keep sending her messages everywhere.

And I bet this is not the last time either. It will be the same thing with Jupiter igniting next year.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Interesting Vid. My first "gut" reaction is he manage to catch a ripple or some type of disturbance on the water that managed to reflect the sun. and since we don't have any follow up pictures that could be the case.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join