It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More state monitoring from the British Government into Parental issues.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Following on from my post a few weeks back about Home Educators, it seems that its not just those people who are being very carefully watched/manipulated by the British Government

Let me introduce you to Every child matters which, while outwardly appearing "sensible" is actually a very pointed, and deliberate process set to take the emphasis away from parents when it comes to matters involving their children, and instead turn it into a state issue.

I won't go into specifics on all of this, but I will point you here

For all Parents

As it sums up the more subtle points - and provides links to the actual government sites and forms - and makes for something of a disturbing read - especially when things like "economic wellbeing" may well be being used as indicators of child abuse (read the article for the definition of that)

In light of this;

Couple wrongly accused of abusing their baby cannot have their children back because it is 'too late', court rules

then every parent should be aware of the very specific requirements the government is now placing on them, as all it takes is a bad decision on any of these elements by one of the people tasked as "assesors" under this new regime to potentially cause serious, life changing trauma to familes.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is all a part of the new UN human rights treaty.

A few tid bits in this horrible United Nations human rights treaty:
1. The best interest of the child principle would give the government the ability to override every decision made by every parent.
2. A child's "right to be heard" would allow him (or her) to seek governmental review of every parental decision.
3. Teaching children about Christianity in schools has been held to be out of compliance with the CRC. Allowing parents to opt their children out of sex education has been held to be out of compliance with the CRC.
4. Children would have the right to reproductive health information and services, including abortions, without parental knowledge or consent.

**"Where the child has a right fulfilled by the government, the responsibilities shift from parents to the government." "The implications of all this shifting of responsibilities is that parents no longer have the traditional roles of either being responsible for their children or having the right to direct their children."

join