It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'PM To Blame For Banking Crisis'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

'PM To Blame For Banking Crisis'

news.sky.com

A man who claims he was sacked by HBOS after warning about reckless lending says he has proof that Gordon Brown is responsible for the banking crisis.

Whistleblower Paul Moore has said he will release more than 30 documents that will disprove the Prime Minister's claim about the reasons for HBOS' massive losses.

He believes the failure to regulate banks over the past decade is at the root of the problems.

And because Mr Brown was the Chancellor who presided over Labour's financial policy, he believes he should now step down as Prime Minister.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-2-2009 by badBERTHA]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Verrrry interrresting... I hope that guy's made a few copies and has a bullet proof vest.

This is definitely one that is going to grow and grow. It's particularly interesting as the bank culture is normally very much 'what goes on the jungle stays in the jungle' and I suspect there have been a few people caught out with their complacency in this regard in presuming that no one would break ranks and spill the beans..but here we go... I bet Old Gordon will be taking a couple of Paracetemol this morning.

B

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
As if we needed any more reason for our unelected leader to sod off.

I guess he'll be the scapegoat though as the real people behind it have the power to hide their guilt.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

Yeah - about 120 paracetamol would be nice.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Close the door on your way out Gordon.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The Bankers' Manifesto of 1892
circleof13.blogspot.com...

People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. History repeats itself in regular cycles. This truth is well known among our principal men who are engaged in forming an imperialism of the world. While they are doing this, the people must be kept in a state of political antagonism.

The question of tariff reform must be urged through the organization known as the Democratic Party, and the question of protection with the reciprocity must be forced to view through the Republican Party.

By thus dividing voters, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us, except as teachers to the common herd. Thus, by discrete actions, we can secure all that has been so generously planned and successfully accomplished.

Sound familiar?

(Insert your leader here)
Notice Who is standing behind TPOTUS these days?
In fact most of the higher up Politicians these days are involved somehow with Bankers/Wall St/Lobbists...

Here's my take on all this...

Welcome to The Real Matrix: Time for The Red Pill?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This has naff all to do with gordon brown..

The fact is WE GOT SHAFTED and SO did he... the banks and corps around the planet SHAFTED EACH OTHER SOOOOO MUCH in there "ponzy" Credit swops that its allll come crashing down

Do you think ONE MAN can make this all happen??

you forget one BIG factor in this story ITS A GLOBAL MELTDOWN THAT CAME ABOUT THROUGH GREED AND OVER LEVREGDE

have a nice day and when you go to vote in that OTHER RETARD camreon im sure the sun will shine out of his A$$ aslo.. Well untill something happens then guess what YOU WILL BLAME HIM..

have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

It has everything to do with Gordon Brown. As chancellor for so many years and now PM, he was in a position to bring about regulation but has proven as incompetent as most in government and sold us all out to the bankers.
I don't expect anything different from Cameron either, they are all bought and paid for and controlled by the men behind the curtain making policy. Only a fool would think that the PM and government have any control over the country's finances and regulation / oversight of how those institutions run in our country. No, they do as they are told and get hung out to dry if they step out of line.
Like the rest of us, to some extent, they are the enablers. The difference being that we, the taxpayers, have no say in these matters and exist, in their eyes, to work and pay taxes - nothing more, whereas the members of government and opposition, are the people who actually allow these leeches to get away with it all and even pass legislation that helps them rape us all more and more.

Gordon Brown is one of their biggest enablers and should spend the rest of his days behind bars.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Ummm, so if you can't hold the person who was chancellor when this mess started and is the PM as it got owrse and worse accountable then who can you?

The fact is, as Paul Moore will show, that GB knew what was happening within the finance sector and the markets and as chancellor did nothing about it. He allowed the actions of the likes of RBS, HBOS, Northern Rock to continue unregulated and unrestircited so the country could revel in the financial feel good factor that he and his party was so quick to claim political qudos and credit for creating. As PM he allowed this to continue and he needs to answer for it.

During his Labour Party conference speech in 2000, Gordon Brown said “We will not put hard won economic stability at risk. No return to short-termism. No return to Tory boom and bust” and he went on to say “why did the Tory party give Britain twenty years of stop-go, twenty years of boom and bust. It is Labour that is now the party for stability and growth.” Ok then, we believe you!

I hate they way that politicians seem to think that we are all too stupid to make up our own minds about what is actually happenng and we will just fall for the 300rpm spin commin from their mouth.

Someone has to be accoutable (lets face it - nobody has been so far) and all the fingers are now, rightly so, pointing to Gordon Brown. If he won't go of his own accord then the people of this country should demand it!

Oh and you are right, the alternative is just as bad IMHO. If it was me I would give Vince Cable a shot (and I've voted Labour all my life) , but that's another debate.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I can't believe all of you people... wanting to blame the financial crisis in your country on one person when the financial crisis has also happened in all these other countries...

The central banks of the world are to blame for the financial crisis. The federal reserve are the ones to blame for the limitless expansion of credit and all central banks around the world proceeded without a cautionary policy and so we're going to experience inflation as a result, or, many constant bust-boom cycles...

You think that Gorden Brown is the fault of the financial crisis in your country? You're just deceiving yourself!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

I already knew that. Its not that hard to figure out. I guess with "proof" now things might happen.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
He's definately one of the good guys and pretty brave too.I've called for a vote of no confidence on a thread I posted tonight --Looks like it could be sooner rather than later.Good riddance Gordon.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hi all - I find it rather curious that there is no mention of this on the BBC site (not that I could see anyway) although it was mentioned in the radio news bulletin on Radio Scotland..

I will reserve any judgement until I hear a bit more information but I do feel that the 'big boy did it and ran away' excuse is getting a bit tiresome - perhaps a little recognition of complicity or responsibility no matter how deep would be refreshing and probably respected in part..

I would imagine that most people even those who vote Torie (if they were honest) wouldn't wish David Cameron on anyone, but short of a minor miracle it's looking horribly likely.. perhaps it's time for big GB to grow a pair and shoulder some responsibility?

b

[edit on 15-2-2009 by badBERTHA]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I should really fact find and try to get a solid thread going on how this whole financial mess is a deliberate false flag attack at an economic level. It was all carefully planned, it has it's masters directing the outcome and the failures.

This is an engineered crisis, meant to break the back of the financial system so the world can rebuild under the New Financial Order of which Gordon Brown so vehemently spoke about, and we all know the New World Order is coming.

We should all print T-shirts and wear them that say:

The new great Depression, courtesy of the Bildenberg group.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The fact is WE GOT SHAFTED

I'll say. We have a completely unelected man in charge of the country. THAT certainly qualifies as shafted in my book. The only reason he is delaying the election is because he knows he will LOSE.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i don't think you can soley blame Gordon Brown alone for the problems we're having but he must take some of the blame.
It takes a big man to stand up & except responsiblity,i can't see Mr Brown doing it anytime soon.
I don't know how he's going to get us out of this mess but he better do something fast because things are only going to get worse

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I can't believe all of you people... wanting to blame the financial crisis in your country on one person when the financial crisis has also happened in all these other countries...

We're not blaming Gordon Brown for the worldwide economic mess, just for being the enabler in this country that allowed it to happen, just as there were others in the US and other Western nations. He's part of the system that created the problem, it seems to usher in a new financial elite, and in doing so has betrayed his country and everyone in it. Equally guilty is Tony Blair and he too should share a prison block with Gordon and the others who ushered in this engineered crisis. They are all players and share equal guilt.

So no, he's not alone in taking the blame but that doesn't make his guilt any less severe.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhynouk
i don't think you can soley blame Gordon Brown alone for the problems we're having but he must take some of the blame.
It takes a big man to stand up & except responsiblity,i can't see Mr Brown doing it anytime soon.
I don't know how he's going to get us out of this mess but he better do something fast because things are only going to get worse

He is simply part of the group responsible... a globalist facist nazi sellout dragging the UK into the mess they want called the New World Order.

What do we the people want?

Screw world leaders, they are organize crime syndicates, I don't answer to Charlie Manson types.

top topics

join