It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking about buying a Macbook Pro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I need a computer for heavy duty image editing. I think I might go the Macbook pro route, after never having used a Mac before. Hehe.
Looking at a 17", matte screen (holds colour accuracy better), and as much RAM as you can get.
Are there any other options or things-you-need-but-they-don't-tell-you-until-you've-brought-it I should know about?
woot- tom

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
definitely a good investing for imaging and advance multimedia purposes. The only problem I had was signing into hotmail, but that was a problem with my wireless router connection. If you have any problems or need anything private message me.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Why does everyone think image editing, web design, etc= mac? Windows does every single thing a mac can do and more, macs are trendy plain and simple and they cost way too much for something you can build yourself for way less...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Working in a professional print lab, having had a PC for many many years, and having spent countless minutes laughing at the Mac-user stereotype videos on youtube, I did not make the decision to use a Mac based on the fact that it's more trendy than a PC and I will get laid more as a result. No, I want a Mac because it requires bugger all maintenance, I'm not going to be paying for it, and it has a slight edge over PC's in regards to high-definition still image editing, which is mainly what I will be using it for.
I think I also read somewhere that the screens hold colour calibration better than PCs, but I dunno about that. I was also looking at an XPS, I think it's called, some sort of Dell system.
Anon user, if you can point out a laptop package that surpasses the Mac performance-wise for a cheaper price, I will buy it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Actually macs have a much better work flow, when I was at tafe I was finishing work on my mac book 20 mins faster than the rest of my class and to the same standard (I was studying graphic design) and before I got that laptop I was keeping around the same pace as them. Also macs and windows handle .tiff files differently and any one working with digital images should be using .tiff because its a format that doesn't lose data so your don't end up with artifacts like jpegs and can still be compressed making it very versatile.

Think before you flame.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   
A Macbook Pro is a good choice for image editing, as it has a powerful processor, a high-resolution display and a long battery life.

top topics

join