It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Union: Watch this documentary online now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This is a very well produced documentary about the failure of prohibition and the War on Drugs, which has already cost 6.3 BILLION dollars of our tax money since the beginning of 2009. This documentary is a real eye opener.

Full Version Here:
blip.tv...

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Reddupo]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Great Movie... S&F

The saddest part of that whole movie is seeing the relief on the man with MS's face after he smokes.

I had dental work done recently and was given Oxycontin for pain.. There's a good thing to give people...YAH RIGHT!.. It made me feel great for the first 3 hrs, then I felt so nauseous and needed more to offset the nausea. After 4 days of that, my stomach was a mess of pain and I was irritable and extremely moody/depressed.
I can't imagine the lives of the poor people that are prescribed this by their doctors for long term pain management.

The main issue of weed use isn't the danger of using, its the danger to the economy if a nation of shopaholic zombies suddenly realized that they have everything they need already and decided to "just chill".

I feel it was put on this planet as a tool to help keep us protected from ourselves.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Weather you agree or disagree with the matter of drugs and the failed "war on drugs" the "Super High Me" video/doc below is quite good, and touches on matters related to the failed "war on drugs":

g-vid.com

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Bump.
This is a must see film, people.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The marijuana nazis of ats will move this to rats or delete it.

And if they dont i will be very happy, cause maybe just MAYBE they are starting to get over it already.

aaaand go

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

I wouldnt count on it, the weed sniffers binned my post about code being less costly than a pint of beer in the UK with sources and comments, n they trashed it like i was trying to peddle the stuff on here....

Seems that anything to do with drugs irrespective of trying to have a debate about the state of the "war on drugs" just gets trashed on here, and i thought this was a place for adults.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the vid!!!
S & F as I rip the vap and watch the doc.

I hope that this doesn't get tossed to the side.
It's a good piece that makes some great points.

Originally posted by phushion
Seems that anything to do with drugs irrespective of trying to have a debate about the state of the "war on drugs" just gets trashed on here, and i thought this was a place for adults.

It's a shame that people can't even discuss this topic like adults as you mention.
It's not heroine, crack, acid, ecstasy, or the millions of pain killing pills.

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
The saddest part of that whole movie is seeing the relief on the man with MS's face after he smokes.

I feel it was put on this planet as a tool to help keep us protected from ourselves.

Peace

Great point mi amigo, protect us from ourselves. Never thought of it that way.

I don't know if some people understand it is natural and grows from the ground just like every other plant.

Lastly, what about the people that NEED it?!?!?! Like the man with MS, or other people that have cancer and get Chemo?? They are the ones that are really suffering. But who cares about those poor people right?
Again great vid, thanks!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
STAR AND FLAGGED!!

It made me think about how the difference between freedom, and slavery, has overtaken us.

Pot based personal freedom verse Oil based social slavery. You can grow your own freedom rather than rely on the controlled oil industry. Amazing..........

Get this documentary out to as many doctors as you can

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I can't wait 'til people grow up, and legalize drugs already. Eventually, this will happen> You can't stop people from wanting to change their state of consciousness. Every human being on this planet is hardwired in their brains, to want to go on an acid trip. When people realize that drugs and humanity go hand in hand, and that majority ego death is neccesary to move on... Then I think that is when drugs will be legalized. However, as long as ppl continue to banish and look down upon these incredible substances... We will be tied down by the never-ending plague of violence, childishness, and selfishness that is the human ego.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just think with all the Hemp we could produce in our states as a secondary income and all the things we could do with it. as long as the THC remains low I don't see a problem. of course the drug companies would probably be pissed.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What do you do when its obvious no victory will ever come. Sneak. Why are TPTB afraid of me being content. Is working hard not enough? We have to be miserable as well. Conflicted, confused, hurried and condemmed. It doesnt make sense to me. They dont want a solution. If there is anything that could make me take up arms, this is it. They are so afaraid that thier perversions will become obvious to even the not so intelligent(like myself), that they will do anything to hide them including murder. The only way for them to profit from my hard work is to restrict and micro manage me while I labour. Makes it hard to even take pride in what one accomplishes. Thats what slavery is to me. They dont want to stop killing the earth, fighting wars, killing children, taking peoples homes, or just causing all around sadness. Just like a rapist. Its not the sex...its the joy in taking it. If it was the sex(money), they could get all they want, they just get off on dominating, taking, and killing anothers spirit. How can we fight against that if we are not rapists. Become murderers, the lesser of two evils? Granted I would rather kill than rape, but why are those my only choices? If I make the descision that I support I have to work outside the law of the country that I love, so I kill for it. Kill and be raped, or rape and be killed. I choose the first.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Great documentary...and I mean truly spectacular...

In my opinion this is the MOST educated, BEST put together documentary on this subject. Super High Me is good to burn herb to and get a good laugh, but it doesn't touch on the issues seriously or in an educated way. It's a comedy. Not a documentary.

The Union is good because they are interviewing doctors, politicians, authors, physicists... not the traditional stoner stereotypes types, you know what I mean?

For any documentary to work it has to appeal and reach out to THE ONES WHO ARE AGAINST CANNABIS. If a self respecting, informed cannabis user sits down and watches it, they're not learning anything they don't already know. It's the politicians, the stuffed up suits and ties, the misinformed, the cannabis haters.... THAT'S who the documentaries should be aimed at. And The Union gives it to you straight and fact based... with cold hard first hand proof in some cases (the poor dude with multiple sclerosis who uses medical cannabis).

I don't know why ATS has this no cannabis discussion rule, but I will say nice and loud that it's fuggin' STUPID... especially when the "War on Drugs" (which in reality is the "War on Cannabis") is one of the biggest conspiracies of all times.

(no, I'm not your typical stoner... I love cannabis and the cannabis culture for deeper reasons than "getting a buzz." It's a medicinal, philosophical, wonderful plant and if you don't agree then you need to take 30 minutes out of your ATS time and research the plant. DARE class and commercials on the tele doesn't count. I recommend you start with why it was made illegal in the first place... that should strike a chord with EVERY single member of the ATS community by the very nature of this being a conspiracy site. It is one of those things that the public was unaware of at the time, but in retrospect we have documentation, proof, and the FACTS as to what was going on. It's sort of (if not exactly like) a black ops project that has gone legit and now we have all the facts.)

End....rant.

Edit to add this quote:

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so" - Thomas Jefferson

[edit on 15-2-2009 by ImaNutter]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I could have sworn I heard someone tell me that hemp came from a different plant. At any rate, the male plant is supposedly useless otherwise. What's weird is that last night I dreamed I was smoking it again. I can't because I have asthma and am just too paranoid to enjoy it. I doubt that would change if it was legal. Some people just can't handle it, while others can't make it through the work day without it. Weird.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Amazing Info!!!

*goes back to watching the rest of the vids*

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged for sure i do believe this is what more need to know about. for example : the thing about it causing cancer priceless hope it makes it on this site

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Bravo Bravo!!!

This is wonderful information to share with everyone.

I have been a cannabis user for about 10 years now, and I have learned to use it in moderation and not to rely upon it. It is nothing short of a miraculous plant! A true gift to us!!

I hope it becomes globaly accepted and legalized in my life.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well made video. I have been open minded on the matter for some time now, but had many questions which this video addressed. I am much more on the side for its legalization. The biggest question I have now, while not related to the drug itself, but the 'war on drugs' is, where do you draw the line? What would be the reason to legalize weed but not coc aine, '___', exctacy, heroin, meth or any of the other illegal drugs?
Other questions: Should it be legalized for pharmaceutical companies to produce or everyone? Legal for anyone to produce but not sell? If legal, do we boost the penalties for DUIs? I am just curious as to what other questions could come up against the legalization of it, and what the answers would be.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Prohibition has spawned all of the police abuse that we see on a daily basis now. As well as robbing MILLIONS of children of having both parents at home to raise them. Costs literally hundreds of billions since its inception.

After all this, crime is higher, drugs are cheaper, drugs are more plentiful, and the addiction rates have not gone down.

What is the purpose?

My thread about gangster police, www.abovetopsecret.com...

LAW ENFORCEMENT AGAINST PROHIBITION (LEAP) LINK HERE

ABSOLUTE BEST BOOK ON THE SUBJECT "The New Prohibition: Voices of Dissent challenge the Drug War" LINK

[edit on 15-2-2009 by king9072]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I can't believe the amount of positive support this video is getting..

AWESOME!!!

Check out this thread currently ongoing about "Fluoride" and its relationship to the pineal gland. I feel that this "war on drugs" goes hand in hand with the "War On Spirituality".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And forget about when they should draw the line..

There should be no "Them" and we have more than enough "lines".We should be responsible enough to govern ourselves and within that freedom be responsible for our own actions.

At the end of the day its all about the golden rule. For example, can you lift yourself? Physically hoist yourself off the ground? NO. Impossible. Can you lift up someone else? Yes.

We need to start lifting our fellow man and stop expecting anything in return. We have to quit confusing pushing others around us down, with "rising up in the world".

Again, head over to that thread as I feel entheogens and their relationship to our pineal/spirituality is crucial to surviving this transformational period.

Peace

[edit on 16-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

[edit on 16-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The war on drugs is a war on consciousness.

I DID ALL THE DRUGS ONE BY ONE
BECAUSE I WANTED TO HAVE SOME FUN.

MDMA IN THE USA
AND THAT IS ALL THAT I HAVE TO SAY!

- by Haight Ashbury daze anonymous fun warrior,
rider on San Francisco's after midnight space taxi
and FURTHER bus visitor chanticleering from the land of Kesey

(Poetic license enabled)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join