It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Cigar Shaped 'Spaceships' In The Solar System? Try Debunking This!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP, Many people have problems with URL coding

Glad to see you are lighting the way, you beat me to it!

MikeSingh another great compilation! I'll have to grow through all of these images this week when I get time. Great work! Flag and Star!

-WFA

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

"If the Sun was lower over the horizon on that part of Mars the shadows would be longer, in the same way the shadow would be a perfect projection of the Phobos if the Sun was at a 90º angle over Mars. "

excellent point. When one photographs surface features, you deliberately do it at a time of day where shadows are longest and relief is highlighted.

also, most space images are line-scans that take finite time to expose, not full-frame instant shots. Moving things smear.

I figure -- anybody trying to make a point about space images who does not do the simple work to find out his Apollo photos are the same image of out-the-window structure (man-made structure -- in California, actually), and mislabeled, is too superficial and careless to be taken seriously.

He is every knee-jerk debunker's poster child of a credulous eager-believer whose mind was so open, his brain fell out.

He makes the presentation of verified, compelling evidence all the more difficult.

He serves as -- intentionally or not -- a tool of the coverup.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
THE CIGAR SHAPE SPACE CRAFT IS REALITY!! i'VE SEEN WITH MY OWN EYES HOVERING OVER SARATOGA LAKE, SARATOGA SPRINGS,NY 9 YEARS AGO.. IT WAS A AWESOME SIGHTING!! IAM SO GLAD ARE SPACE BROTHERS ARE WITH US... AND ON THE TRIANGLE SHAPED SPACE CRAFT, ONE WAS HOVERING OVER MY HOME A FEW YEARS BACK.. IAM COMMANDER FALCON SPECIAL AMBASSORDOR FOR THE GALACTIC FEDERATION 2012.....................

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cmmdrfalcon

If you keep on shouting that way your "space brothers" may leave...

And the fact that you saw something cigar shaped in the air does not mean that what is shown in these photos is the same type of thing.

PS: welcome to ATS, but only if you stop shouting.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Thought I'd add this for fun...I've checked the ID number against JPL and NASA and drawn blank. It only shows up on UFO sites and here at ATS.

Source image

Mysterious Object Seen Near Saturn's Ring - NOOO23784 was the number of this image taken on the 29th October, 2004. It was received by JPL on the 30th October, 2004. The camera was pointing towards Saturn's rings at approximately 491,458 miles away. The image was taken using the CLI and CL.2. filters. The image has not been validated or calibrated. Apparently a validated/calibrated image will be archived with the Nasa Planetary Date System in 2005.

What could it be?

1/Asteroid?
2/ Vast alien craft with three orb craft North and Northwest of it?
3/Hoax photo?

It's a good resolution image.

Yes it's N00023784, not NOOO23784

Here's one of my old posts, from Mike's great Saturn's rings thread:

Originally posted by internos
The mystery of the object colliding with Saturn F ring
Claimed to be an UFO (i admit that it fooled me too in the past
, as many other people), (Some example of wesites claiming it's a UFO)
www.hufos.net...
anomaliasemmarte.no.sapo.pt...

is actually what NASA wrote in the caption: it's Prometheus

N00023784.jpg was taken on October 29, 2004 and received on Earth October 30, 2004. The camera was pointing toward SATURN-RINGS at approximately 790,933 kilometers away, and the image was taken using the CL1 and CL2 filters. This image has not been validated or calibrated. A validated/calibrated image will be archived with the NASA Planetary Data System in 2005.

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

At the origin of the "misunderstanding", there's this original NASA image
which shows an object which shape doesn't match the one of Prometheus: it has been a matter of brightness/contrast, some website's manipulations of the image have made the rest of the job.

Source:
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

A brighter version of the same image, shows much better its contour:

apod.nasa.gov...
apod.nasa.gov...

Is almost impossible to make a perfectly matching comparison,
but of course this makes the point IMHO:

I've also found a video on NASA website which shows Prometheus colliding with the rings,
and i've uploaded it on YT:

The moon Prometheus slowly collides with the diffuse inner edge of Saturn's F ring in this movie sequence of Cassini images. The oblong moon pulls a streamer of material from the ring and leaves behind a dark channel.
Once during its 14.7-hour orbit of Saturn, Prometheus (102 kilometers, or 63 miles across) reaches the point in its elliptical path, called apoapse, where it is farthest away from Saturn and closest to the F ring. At this point, Prometheus' gravity is just strong enough to draw a "streamer" of material out of the core region of the F ring.

Initially the dust-sized material drawn away from the ring appears to form a streamer pointing ahead of Prometheus in its orbit. (All orbital motion is towards the right in the movie.) Over time, the streamer falls increasingly farther behind Prometheus because material in the F ring is orbiting slower than the moon. The streamer gets longer and a darker "channel" starts to be seen (to the left of the streamer in the movie).

The creation of such streamers and channels occurs in a cycle that repeats each Prometheus orbit: when Prometheus again reaches apoapse, it draws another streamer of material from the F ring. But since Prometheus orbits faster than the material in the ring, this new streamer is pulled from a different location in the ring about 3.2 degrees (in longitude) ahead of the previous one.

The movie shows just under half of a complete streamer-channel cycle. The dark frames in the movie represent the period during which Prometheus and the F ring pass through Saturn's shadow.

The images in the movie were acquired by the Cassini spacecraft narrow-angle camera on Nov. 23 and 24, 2006. The movie sequence consists of 72 clear spectral filter images taken every 10.5 minutes over a period of about 12.5 hours.

The original images were cropped to show only the region around Prometheus and the nearby portion of the F ring. The movie covers the region between 138,000 and 142,000 kilometers (86,000 and 88,000 miles) radially from Saturn and 1 degree in longitude from Prometheus on each side. Each frame was reprojected such that the vertical axis represents distance from Saturn and the horizontal axis represents longitude around Saturn. Image scale is 10 kilometers (6 miles) per pixel in the vertical direction; the images cover 0.005 degrees of longitude in the horizontal direction. Because of the reprojection, the F ring appears straight, rather than slightly curved, as it otherwise would.

Since the F ring has an elliptical shape, its radial distance from Saturn varies by about 1,000 kilometers (620 miles) around the ring. This accounts for the apparent vertical movement of the ring over the course of the movie. Only a very small part of the ring appears in each of the reprojected frames, so the difference in the ring's radial distance from left to right across any single frame is small enough as to be effectively unnoticeable.

Credit: NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Download in QuickTime format
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Download in MPEG format
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

The "anomaly" has been presented in many ways, these are some examples of
"enhancements" and "comparisons":

... Prometheus:

It was really easy to fall in the trap of the first image, this explains why so many people thought it was an actual UFO, since its apparent shape was really different from the Prometeus' one.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Dadgum, U.S. tobacco industry, their sticky fingers are everywhere.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Well played Internos

I'll be honest and admit to having a 'dumb' moment when I posted that image. I was that set in my mind that it was an asteroid, I hadn't for one second considered the moons. I hadn't even thought of one moon
A good example of assuming an answer when asking the question!

Thanks for setting me straight, I needed it

I've just been looking for a diagram for the orbit of Prometheus without much luck. Although I did find a description of how it has a chaotic orbit and is 'mopping up' parts of the F Ring of Saturn. I'll have another look and post it if I find it.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Check out my post on page 4

I posted a (big) .gif of Prometheus creating gravitational waves on Saturns rings

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Kandinsky

Check out my post on page 4

I posted a (big) .gif of Prometheus creating gravitational waves on Saturns rings

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To make matters worse, I'd watched your Gif for a couple of minutes beforehand AND read the post. It's quite beautiful to watch
I guess there's no stopping a man when he's getting on his high horse. It's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
LOLOLOLOLOLOL No It's NOT !!!! Try again buddy. there are things in the first pic that are not in the second so it is OBVIOUSLY not the same pic. try again.

Seriously, errr NO!

Orientate the pics so they are the same (landscape or portrait), bare in mind that the smaller one is cropped, apply the same hue, sat, contrast levels, pick out a few landmarks that line up in the same position in both pics in relation to the object thats out of focus and then you will realise that they are both the same pic, the missing object/s im assuming your referring to arnt in the smaller of the two due to cropping, and shadowing/shading of the crater to the right will be due to the colour adjustments made to what i would say to be the origonal of the two snaps.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Mike... !!

I always applaud your efforts. However, you must know by now... that there is not... and never will be - evidence of any kind... that people who will imply and insist... that they are far smarter than you - will not immediately decide is mis-identification or fabrication.

I really don't think that they have anything else to do... but to come to places like this... and insult people that pursue the non-conventional.

We will never in our lives - see this change. But... all-true... or not... I completely enjoy your investigation materials.

tally-ho.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

mm, thanks for posting these mike. Its always good to have fresh insite on pics like these every now and again.

Originally posted by Aleilius

It's of my opinion that they seem to be observing and studying our race. I should also mention that it was not being chased by any military jets. I've come up with three theories: 1) they have the ability to cloak radar; 2) the military knows, and they do not pursue it; 3) the military knows, and have an agreement with them.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Aleilius]

Have thought that maybe these craft arent alien? I mean, we dont know what the black projects are or when they started so we have no idea if they are human or not.
People dont give enough credit to human ingenuity these days. These craft could be from alien creatures.... but we wont know until we get a look at who/whatever comes out.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Well played Internos

I'll be honest and admit to having a 'dumb' moment when I posted that image. I was that set in my mind that it was an asteroid, I hadn't for one second considered the moons. I hadn't even thought of one moon
A good example of assuming an answer when asking the question!

Thanks for setting me straight, I needed it

I've just been looking for a diagram for the orbit of Prometheus without much luck. Although I did find a description of how it has a chaotic orbit and is 'mopping up' parts of the F Ring of Saturn. I'll have another look and post it if I find it.

I've made even worse, so don't worry:
I assumed (time ago) that it couldn't be Prometheus, basing my assumpion on its appearance. While between Moons and Asteroids there's a huge difference, while we talk about Saturn the difference becomes very small, in terms of observations, especially because
A) We have a relatively rough knowledge of Saturns moons:
B) A visual observation is always a partial one, (you won't find an actual sequence showing you the whole orbit of a body in the closeness of Saturn): if you would have been able to observe the whole orbit, moon or (better) shephard Moon would have been the first thing that would have come to your mind: since you could not observe it due to lack of data, you have no faults.

In short, what was observed regarding Prometheus was that between 1980 (Voyager) and 1995 there was a delay: the Moon was lagging of aprox. 20 degrees, something that can't be dismissed as a simple wrong interpretation of the data. Now, we can (even visually) observe the effects of the "impact" between Prometheus and F rings particles, but we just focus on the effects produced by the impact on the particles: what we don't observe are the effects produced by the impact on Prometheus itself, or, better, on its orbit, which IS, HAS to be affected by such an event
But not only: Prometheus plays a role even in the formation of the F ring itself: let's say that it's not "confirmed", but there are very strong clues: there's a paper, "How Prometheus creates structure in Saturn's F ring" written by people coming from Astronomy Unit of the University of London, Department of Astronomy & Department of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Cornell University (and Cassini Imaging Central Laboratory for Operations itself), that illustrates how the interaction in question was more than a simply impact: they based their research also on numerical models, and found out that after a given impact, a new, sharp ring can be observed, and all suggests that it's a direct effect of gravitational interaction: now i'm putting it in very simple words, but that's more or less the meat. So, we know (almost for sure) that one of the Ringmakers of Saturn IS Prometheus: as we can see even better in the animation provided by Chadwickus, Prometheus is like a painter painting ring over ring, or better perfectioning them, giving to them a sharp appearance, making Saturn even more beautiful than it is

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Thanks Internos, ever diplomatic and bearing accurate information. You are the Kofi Annan of ATS
I'll have a look at the report on Prometheus you mentioned. There's something quite wonderful about it's path through the rings.

Meanwhile, I wondered what the red button that says 'ALL' did next to my threads list? I thought it meant ALL the threads I'd ever posted on. Wrong again

ALL deleted. I'm trying to remember the good ones so I can resubscribe. What a waste of time!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

They obviously are not the same pic. If you look at the point of the object in relation to the craters you will see that if you turned the better photo on it's side the crater is upside down in relation to the top of the object in question. Apparently debunkers do not have very good observational skills here. They definitely are 2 different pics just check the craters out! DUH...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

They obviously are not the same pic. If you look at the point of the object in relation to the craters you will see that if you turned the better photo on it's side the crater is upside down in relation to the top of the object in question. Apparently debunkers do not have very good observational skills here. They definitely are 2 different pics just check the craters out! DUH...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

perhaps the cigar crafts are the donut crafts from the side view...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari

Originally posted by merka
I havent looked closer at it all, but this:

Definetly look like out of focus equipment...

I agree the photo is out of focus but it is the shape of a cigar shaped vehicle that we have comparisons of from other photos of objects in the Solar System.

What even intriques me even more with the photo AS16-120-19238 taken by Apollo 16 is actually what I can see located on the surface of the Moon.

What looks to be laying on the lunar surface is actually the terminal part of the Orbital Mass Spectrometer, (S165).

The Orbital Mass Spectrometer Experiment measured the composition of the lunar atmosphere.

The Orbital Mass Spectrometer Experiment was performed on Apollo 15 and 16, with the objective of measuring the composition and distribution of gases in the lunar atmosphere. On Apollo 17, a mass spectrometer was deployed on the lunar surface for the same purpose.

The Orbital Mass Spectrometer was deployed from the Scientific Instrument Module on the Service Module on a 7.3-meter boom. Most of the gases detected by this instrument are believed to be associated with the Apollo spacecraft itself. However, neon-20 was detected that is believed to be from external sources. The amount of neon detected was about one-third of that expected to be found at the Moon due to capture of gases from the solar wind.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

They omitted in the caption the word "orbital", but this was not intended to be deployed on the surface: this one was mounted on a boom, and was sticky on the module. Now, the camera altitude was 111 km, the crater that you see is BECVAR, approx. 70 km, if memory serves: basically, if the object was lying on the surface, it should have been more or less 15 miles wide, i don't think it would have got unnoticed by the crew

The cigar shaped object is the EVA FLOODLIGHT, Merka is correct: here are some different version of the same photo:

Some examples can be found here, here and here.

A look at the hi-res scan clarifies it: here you can notice the semi-transparency typical of an out of focus (due to its closeness to the camera) object.

[edit on 20/2/2009 by internos]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Very interesting post... I knew already the moon UFO cigar...

but ...

Why don't see for yourself's in Google Sky
That's not an Asteroid... neither a Planet....and possibly due to dimensions
not a regular UFO - perhaps somekind of green/brown cigar shaped mothership...also is close to the part of GoogleSky that has been swaped...

CHECK - Do not use Infrared enhancement's - only normal view

13h45m02.12s 8º47'34.87''

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
OP, if anyone on this board actually "outranks" you in any way shape or form it is a shame. You contribute more to this forum than anyone I have seen yet. Great stuff. S&F.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by shug7272]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join