Is Iran Chasing an Apocalyptic Prophecy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I saw this earlier tonight on Glenn Beck and thought it was certainly of note. I'll just post some from the interview and then the link.

Be SURE to watch the interview on the site.

GLENN BECK, HOST: This story just made me want to go to the mountains, you know, just move away, you know, with a little snuggle bear or something. Last week, Iran launched their first domestically-built telecommunications satellite in space, and it was like, "Oh, wow! Look, they can have phone service now. You can hear me now?" The rocket that carried the satellite into space was named something — Safir. I don't know what that means. And the satellite was named Omid. I don't know what that means. Well, today somebody had to harsh my mellow and tell me exactly what it means and it ain’t good. Former senior aide to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Joel Rosenberg, joins me now. He's also the author of a great book, "Epicenter 2.0."
OK, Mr. Gloom and Doom. You believe — I mean, this is where — America, this is where we go crazy. You believe that we may be living in the end of days.

JOEL ROSENBERG, FORMER SENIOR AIDE TO ISRAELI PRIME MINISTER BENJAMIN NETANYAHU: Well, as an Evangelical Christian — yes, there is a lot of evidence of that.

BECK: OK —

ROSENBERG: I don't want to bring it about, however. That's a different thing (UNINTELLIGIBLE) for Ahmadinejad.

BECK: Yes, OK. Tell me about the two thresholds, quickly. What are the two thresholds that they have just crossed over in Iran?

ROSENBERG: Absolutely. Well, there are two red lines the United States and Israel have been deeply worried about Iran would cross. First, that they would be able to be able to build an intercontinental ballistic missile ...

www.foxnews.com...
Yeah....

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Mr Headshot]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
They are.
Same as america who thinks we need to be in the middle east to protect Israel.

I know atheists simply claim that the bible and jesus are nothing but myths.
But there is more to it then that. Way more to it then they will ever find out.
My paternal line is Borgia, i have been to the vatican and i have spoken with important people over there.
Religion is not as simple as it sounds.
There is more to it that the majority will never know.

And lol, i saw that episode, it aired days ago and glenn looked pissed and worries, but he has been talking about this since last year i think.
Iran has a crazy man on their hands.

But so did we when we had Bush in office.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebeast2012[/I]
There is more to it that the majority will never know.

I am of the opinion that at a future point we we all know. Great thread OP. 

[edit on 15-2-2009 by lel1111]

[edit on 15-2-2009 by lel1111]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

I was trying to say we will all know.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
www.foxnews.com...
Yeah....

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Mr Headshot]

YEAH..Oh yeah baby..
Iran is evil, barbar, unintelligent (as the interviewer says), threat to humanity. Destroy it..DESTROYYYY..
and let be FOXNEWS our next prophet of Delphi..
Amen to all angelic-intelligent-Elf like creatures of the West, damn to all barbar, evil, unintelligent easterns...

Oh, did you watch th movie 300? [On Topic]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Ridiculous interview! Do they really call this journalism?

If i understand correct, Fox News base their speculation, that Iran will have the A-bomb soon, solely on the fact, that Iran named their satellite's two-phase rocket "message" and "hope"? WTF?

So, the Iran is not anymore allowed to give their rocket the name they like, because USA concludes that this is the sign that Iran has the A-bomb??

And the ending of the interview: Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Ridiculous. Ridiculous propaganda. Was this the way how Bush got the support for his war against Iraq? Saddam named his two prostitutes "Mass" and "Destruction". Fox News: "Holy #. We must intervene". Be very afraid"

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wachstum

Yes, exactly like this. And dont forget that it works. They got almost 55% vote during election and 80% support for a war in Iraq. Intelligence, common sense, emphaty, self-reflection belongs to a very small minority of humanity.
Be afraid...be very afraid..

[edit on 15-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Safir and Omid, names given the nationally historic mission by the Republic of Iran to the mission of successfully Orbiting a satellite.

those names are significant to the Persians, Iranians...
just as the Thor and Atlas rocket names are important to the American
psyche... the USA uses a lot of Greek & Roman names from their pantheon
of gods for symbolic reasons.

but yes, both Iran and the USA as leader of the 'west' are both using
apocalypse memes in their strategies... either knowingly or unwittenly
i think the term of double-meaning is double entrende'...

these double meaning names are intentional, so that the leaders can 'please' most-of-the-people, most-of-the-time.
as one meaning gains popular acclaim and the other meaning fades slowly away in the minds of most people

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by Mr Headshot

but yes, both Iran and the USA as leader of the 'west' are both using
apocalypse memes in their strategies... either knowingly or unwittenly
i think the term of double-meaning is double entrende'...

Really? Proof, back up, statistics that Iran using apocalypse memes..?
Or did you mean Israel and your fingers slipped on keyboard?
By the way, dont show me the words of Iran's President as proof. Show me ACTION and KILLING, as USA and Israel are doing in Midlle East.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
In fact, it is not propaganda.

The President of Iran honestly believes his duty on Earth is to bring the messiah to Earth.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

JOEL ROSENBERG, FORMER SENIOR AIDE TO ISRAELI PRIME MINISTER BENJAMIN NETANYAHU:

Oh!, not an unbiased opinoin then - coming from an advisor to one of Israels hardline right wingers.

Well, as an Evangelical Christian...

Some of these Evangelical Christians also happen to be some of the craziest "End Times" proponents and see it as their duty to try and push along their particular Armageddon agenda, so they can all get raptured and go live in the big house.

Most are in fact nothing more than slick snake oil salesmen, wearing expensive suits, living in expensive houses and driving or being driven in expensive cars, all paid for by their gullible followers.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

The President of Iran honestly believes his duty on Earth is to bring the messiah to Earth.

But the bloodbath which is mentioned in interview is realized by USA and Israel. What do you say about this?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Why to bother about the intent? Since when is intent a threat? Since when is intent a danger?

The other thing is: Fox News draws conclusions, that are plain wrong! They say: Iran has an atomic bomb, BECAUSE they name their rocket message and hope! This is a lie! Therefore it's propaganda.

On the other hand: If they argued, Oh, Iran intents to kill Israel, therefore we must be afraid... This is no propaganda. Because there is no lie

@ deccal: DON'T be afraid

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum

@ deccal: DON'T be afraid

I am afraid because common sense, rationality and emphaty are dying on the West.
Everything East from Greece is evil, isn'T it? Of course except Israel.
Time to turn the tables soon, before more hunderts of thousand die in the region, in MY region.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

And what do you say about the Christians who are already in Israel who want to rebuild the temple to usher back the messiah, don't you think that they are just as dangerous?

truth is that all religious fanatics have thier own aganda and want to usher in their own version of armagedon so as to reach the promised land.

so the question isSo "which is the most dangerous?"

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hi,

I think what you and Glen Beck are experiencing is a turning of the tables which you misconstrue as apocalyptic.

For the past few years, Iran and many small countries have been terrorised by US foreign policy. I think Iran already has the bomb and now the means to deliver it. If the US or Israel seek to destroy it, it will retaliate invoking a policy of Mutually assured destruction.

I am sure many other countries, especially in South America, will also seek the nuclear sheild in order to take a conflict back to the door step of the aggressor.

We are entering a new age of nuclear proliferation.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal

Really? Proof, back up, statistics that Iran using apocalypse memes..?
Or did you mean Israel and your fingers slipped on keyboard?
By the way, dont show me the words of Iran's President as proof. Show me ACTION and KILLING, as USA and Israel are doing in Midlle East.

the sect of followers that Ahmadinejad headed up - before - he became President in Iran... has a reported 40,000 active members who Want
& Desire to strap on suicide vests.

this same sect (this impromptu reply cannot recall the name of the sect)
is independent of the Revolutionary Guard, since deemed a terrorist org.
but is more radically inclined to create the conditions of chaos necessary
for the Madhi to return.... well both the Madhi & the Prophet Jesus to return

all this is in the Islamic eschatology, which means 'end-times',
so therefore Elements within both the Muslim & Christian faiths are trying to direct events toward an armageddon result.
i.e. Muslim Zealots and Christian-Zionist Zealots

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Nonsense.

Otherwise name the sect, give more information on the Mahdi other than mentioning the term. What is the Mahdi and how is his arrival going to change things as the Shia believe.

This End Time belief is a fundamentalist Christian ideology and you ignorantly spread it about.

[edit on 082828p://am2821 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by St Udio

This End Time belief is a fundamentalist Christian ideology and you ignorantly spread it about.

[edit on 082828p://am2821 by masonwatcher]

Yes, but there is also a similar Islamic eschatology; look at my name

But my objection is that it is quite stupid to show this abstract eschatology as a justification to attack Iran. It is very clear that USA and Israel are already in action to make concrete their own eschatogies mixed with capitalism and imperialism.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by St Udio

Nonsense.

Otherwise name the sect,

link to this URL:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

sect: One of the 5 groups are named Basij militia.
the other 4 are unnamed in the huffington article.

then look up what sect Amadinejad was member in before that position launched him into the Presidency... the Supreme Leader chose Amadinejad
for President because that radical religious sect has a lot of sway in Iran/Persia

do a little google search on Islam eschatology
instead of consuming the pop culture news & you'll see the 'end times'
is not exclusively fundamentalist Christian....
the Christian-Zionists, and Dominionists are in the fray too.
along with the Islamics & their Madhi, 12 Imam, return of the invisible Imam and such

smile it's your Sunday celebration period

[edit on 15-2-2009 by St Udio]

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join