It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Long Road to Ruin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
First off, let me state that I really do love my country. I am grateful for all the opportunities that have been given to me and the ones I have not taken advantage of. I am eternally grateful for every man and woman who have died or spilled their blood for me to even have those opportunities. I am forever thankful to be born in a country that for the most part will accept my differences and uniqueness as a human being.

I consider myself extremely lucky to have what I have, most of which I really did not earn but instead was really given to me by our fore fathers and patriots of our past.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is so much that I'd like to get off my chest and i'm not really sure how i'm going to begin this. If i'm a bit "all over the place" in the post I do apologize. I think faster than I type.

-------------

Well we did it. We did it all together. Republicans/Democrats, Liberals/Conservatives/Moderates, they/us/me and you.................All of us has put us where we are today. Most of us have done this unknowingly by believing so much in our ideals and values that we failed to look at our own shortcomings.

We failed miserably. We became so self absorbed and selfish that we let this situation happen. We let ourselves become so divided that our anger blinded what was right and wrong. We had the best intentions but in the end that is what helped bring us down.

Some are still stuck in this mindset. Some are refusing to even consider that maybe they are at fault. This mindset is so deeply engraved in their brains that it blocks out reason and in the process makes them look foolish without even realizing it. There are some who will never let it go.

So here we are, on our way to ruin. Like the the sinking Titanic we fight amongst ourselves as we go down. Some are in panic, some are in denial, some want the ship to sink, and a few just don't care. Some just want to watch the glory/destruction of it all.

What events unfolded to get us here? Too many. Some will try to trace this back to one single point, one person or one political party to blame for the whole fiasco. I'm not going to do that here. I won't place a label on this. In reality, I do not care how it happened right now. I only care on how the problem can be fixed.

We have become flooded with bad information. Beyond flooded. There is so much bad news out there that one can barely keep up with it. Everywhere I look there is trillions of dollars being spent, trillions of dollars MISSING, and full blown lies/deception/corruption coming from government officials. War is all around us with billions and billions being spent, yet our government almost completely ignores the chaos happening right next door in Mexico.

It's insanity. Our government has grown so out of control that it's impossible to defend in good conscience. Much of the world hates us for a reason and it's not just for war. It's because we have lived better than most countries, unfortunately we did it artificially by overspending individually and federally. We are looked at as frauds. But is it really our fault as individuals?

We have been set to live this way. The laws and culture of our society have taught us that living our lives in this way was ok. This will change. It has to. There is really no other option anymore.

Our government continues to pile trillions of dollars of debt on an already overly bankrupt country. We are bankrupt. We are not wealthy any longer. All of us are living on debt. Debt that OUR government has created by supposedly doing things for the greater good.

Yesterday, as the votes unfolded along with the information that they didn't have enough time to read the bill, i just about popped the blood vessel in my forehead. Never can I remember being so angry at what our government had done.

I felt cheated and lied to. I felt that our Constitution has been crapped on once again, but this time they rubbed our noses in it.

To me it seemed like they were saying, "Yeah, we did it. What the hell are you going to do about it? Yeah, that's right...you will do nothing. Ha Ha Ha."

Does anyone out there think we are going to have a miraculous recovery after all that has transpired? Do you see this country climbing out of this huge debt?

Do you support that the fact that our government is going to become so huge that it will essentially be the largest corporation in the world if it isn't already?

Those of you that complain about big business and the rich and would like to see it stripped away are only fooling yourselves by giving the government the right to do it. In turn you make them the most powerful "business." That's essentially what it is.

A FAILING BUSINESS. They screw up everything they touch and waste ridiculous amounts of money.

Our government cannot fix this. The only thing they should really be doing in this situation is helping with unemployment and medicare funds. That's really it IMO. The taxpayer burden is already to great.

Just look at a few of the problems we are dealing with right or will be dealing with:

Huge debt..mega trillions
Iraq war
Afganistan
Mexico
Unemployment
Inflation
Terrorist attacks
Corrupted government
Tremendous public anger
Possible dropping of US treasuries from other countries

Do you see happy trees in any of that? I sure as hell don't..sadly that's not even close to all the problems that are going on right now.

The near future is extremely bleak and it's scary. I'm worried and i'm the type of guy who never really worried about anything. It's just not how I am personally. I've always had the feeling that things always work out, no matter how bad it may look.

I'm not feeling that way on this one.

What will the final outcome be?

A possible "rebirth" of the Constitution? Secession of states? Complete collapse? A GOLDEN AGE?
Complete government control?

Who knows. I wish i did. I'm going to see RADICAL change of this country in my lifetime.

Honestly, I would have never thought this would happen while I was on this earth.

Now, more than ever, is finally the time to stand up for what is right.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm with you Brother...maybe if/when EVERYTHING is on the line, the World will wake up from this Nightmare and REALLY look around. Fiat/Debt driven Monetary Policys are not the answer!

This would make a Nice Editorial/Blog others should read...

I'm not suggesting any NWO/One World Order thing either.

[edit on 2/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
David, im kinda new to ATS but i see a lot of your post and replies, for the most part i agree with most things you say. , I think your definitly on the right track with this thread , but .... ATS ers have a way of doom and gloom everything a bit too much. The plane crash in Buffalo is a conspiracy to some on this site. Sometimes .....# happens just because. You might think about a ATS holiday my freind, stay off the site awhile for a few days. Lots of post and theories on this site , while well researched, are just crap for the sake of talking crap. THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

Maybe I should save that post on my Hard Drive, to repost if the sun doesn't come out tomorrow.

Then again if it doesn't, it won't matter much as they'll be no electricty to run a non-existent internet or Gov Censured one...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I will post to you what I have in my own journal on DevianART.

The American Nightmare

In 1989 my feet touched the tarmac in Miami. I was coming from Costa Rica, my parents, a ten year long journey from Cuba to America that took them through Costa Rica, where my brother and I were born. We are political refugees.

I'm almost 24 now, I remember the first time I saw a television, the first time I saw a flushing toilet, the first time I saw a modern car, my first day in an American school....No uniforms... I always wondered about that.

But that's what it's all about right? That's what I thought. For many, many years. Until 9/11. I stood aside and watched. Trying to figure out my place in America, who was, and still is, very scared of foreigners...(Not without good reason mind you.). So like many I was quiet. I would occasionally say things like, "we had this coming", or "Has anybody stopped to think about why they actually hate us?", but that made no waves, and I wasn't seeking to make any.

Flash to the Iraq War... "They will greet us as Liberators, not Invaders". "Iraq has massive stockpiles of Weapons of Mass Destruction, and is poised to use them.", "I think Iraq and Al-Qaida are indistinguishable.", "We will build schools, we will rebuild their energy infrastructure, and re-organize their military forces." ..."Mission Accomplished", "Insurgency beginning to create a real problem.", "Iraq is in the midst of Civil War."

At this point my brother had already joined the Army. And by this time, a growing number of people were waking up to the reality that Bush is, in fact, lying. And that this war is nothing more or less than that. A lie.
Turns out my brother was now fighting for corporate interests, fighting to preserve the the ability of individuals and corporations both real and fake to rob the Iraqi piggy bank blind. And do the same with no-bid contracts...Billions of American Tax dollars([link] and this on profiteering [link])that are now gone.

At this point I didn't know what to think...The propaganda had actually gotten to me in a small, but rather profound way. It had put the suggestion in my mind that my brother was now part of this war, and I should support my brother, but what about this war? Does that mean I have to shut up about the war to support my brother?
In many circles it meant just that. Especially in the news media. What I have witnessed in the 20 years I have been here is a severe and forceful push toward what resembles fascism. While they attack our right to bear arms, they grant corporations the right to use deadly force on the streets. They hijack our congress, and pollute our process for a dollar amount. And America falls asleep, seemingly immune to the poison that slowly corrodes the fabric of what made this country free...Sometime ago.

I could make the choice to either abandon support for my brother and therefore America, or Abandon the very thing that makes me, me. I chose to abandon neither. I talked to my brother and I asked him what was up. What it is really all about. And what he thought of my feeling toward it. And he said, "While I fight, I need someone in my corner. Do what you gotta do, I gotta do what I gotta do. Even if I don't agree with it." And I did, and am doing what I have to do.

I'm sure some would say "But it's his responsibility to say no!" The problem is, he has two little girls. And the only way he can assure they reach their potential is to do what he's told. He loves this country. But this Government is using him. And he knows it, but unlike us, he's absorbed into a system that has full control of how his life turns out, and his life is directly tied to my two little nieces. And I can't begrudge him this.

Moral of the story? Freedom in this country is a false sense of security. We must fight for those who cannot fight for themselves, we must be their voices when they cannot speak. We must preserve with everything that makes us who we are, the very things that makes this country free. The Constitution of the United States of America, and the Bill of Rights.

In these two documents lies the very tools needed to exact justice on those who are guilty of manifesting injury on the American people, and on the World as a whole. In these two documents lies the tools we need to continue to forge a truly free society, free from indefinite imprisonment, free from fighting for the profit of a few. In this document lies the tools we need to achieve every goal we must achieve to stay the greatest, and freest nation in the world. In these two documents is also written that the true will of the United States, is for the people, by the people. And that these documents are unique in that they are built for constant revolution.

The revolution will come. The first thing we must do is kick Corporations and faith out of the system once and for all and quit pandering to them. It is these two things that politicians like to use against us the most. They divide us with our faith, they conquer us with corporate fascist entities, and use propaganda to ensure we swallow every last drop of their intoxicating, yet enslaving tonic. Tyranny.

We came to this country because a beacon really does shine. Despite what people on this site might think about America, and Americans. There is a light that brings people like my parents and I to this country. There is a beacon of light that guides people to love this country, and fight for this country, and preserve the values this country was founded upon...Maybe more so for people such as myself, who up until entering the US, had no idea we actually had the right to be treated like human beings. This is the only nation I have ever lived in that actually gives a damn about others and isn't entirely consumed by racism, or xenophobia or both. And that has to count for something.

There are however a few...A very clever and shrewed few, who have managed to gain the control of every system, and resource we hold dear. And squander it for the sake of making their pockets that much heavier.

The revolution starts, however, when people realize that an American Revolution, has nothing to do with a car, and everything to do with life and death, law and order, and the checks and balances that maintains the flow of what has come to be known by the world as the American Dream.

In the last 8 years specifically, that dream has become a nightmare for me.

projectvxn.deviantart.com...

And this poem...It's what I do so what more can I say:

To Build A Nation

Because love has given way to hot bullets
Because patience is running thin, a still shot of a virtue as we once knew it.
Because a new weapon is made and we must use it.
Because hungry mouths are eating into our compassion
Because the voices of peace have given way to demands for action.

Because I have seen the road to hell and it's an easy ride into town.
Because the bombs in the distance are relaxing, since you're alive to hear the sound.
Because I'm hungry and I haven't eaten a morsel of truth all day.
I'm starving for inspirational words that shine light on this dark American highway
Because it hurts to speak with a slit throat, it's hard to lift the meek
with broken hands, and it is hard to build a nation whose foundations are
the flesh and bone upon which the pillars of this Empire now stand.

Because divine justice is about what we do, and what we don't do.
In the end we only get what we deserve.
But I will try to be the man who molds bricks of our collective shame
to rebuild a nation no one taught us to preserve.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

This would make a Nice Editorial/Blog others should read...

Thanks for the kind comments...thanks to everyone.

Sometimes I don't know whether to be sad or angry. Much of the time I'm confused trying to make sense of everything that is happening.

Time and time again i've looked around in my mind to see a solution..a good ending but i just can't see it or find it.

It's so sad to see a country that I was proud to be a part of being ruined by select individuals.

Nothing that is happening right now represents what I thought this country stood for.

It's just so sad.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Great post. Very good stuff and good poem as well.

I have had friends and family serve in the military as well. I didn't support why they were in Iraq, but i supported them and hoped they would come back home safe. Two of them thought they were doing the right thing by being there because they actual saw that they were helping people but the other two did not. They despised it, but it was their job and what they signed up to do.

I wish they'd all come home. I really do. We need them here anyway!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Moral of the story? Freedom in this country is a false sense of security. We must fight for those who cannot fight for themselves, we must be their voices when they cannot speak. We must preserve with everything that makes us who we are, the very things that makes this country free. The Constitution of the United States of America, and the Bill of Rights.

This sounds morally right, but, the Forefathers knew that this would become a point of contention.

They also state that America "Ought not get involved in the affairs of others, lest it bring controversy"

"If there be any among us who would wish to dissolve this Union
or to change its republican form, let them stand undisturbed as
monuments of the safety with which error of opinion may be
tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." --Thomas
Jefferson: 1st Inaugural, 1801.

[edit on 2/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

this sounds morally right, but, the Forefathers knew that this would become a point of contention. They state that America "Ought not get involved in the affairs of others, lest it bring controversy"

Yes, this was meant to be about foreign entanglements, as they knew at some point this would hurt the nations viability and cause instability and new threats to the freedom of the American people, and the sovereignty of the Nation.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

So here we are, on our way to ruin. Like the the sinking Titanic we fight amongst ourselves as we go down. Some are in panic, some are in denial, some want the ship to sink, and a few just don't care. Some just want to watch the glory/destruction of it all.

What events unfolded to get us here? Too many. Some will try to trace this back to one single point, one person or one political party to blame for the whole fiasco. I'm not going to do that here. I won't place a label on this. In reality, I do not care how it happened right now. I only care on how the problem can be fixed.

I haven't read your entire post YET, but when you wrote this I had to go back and look at one of my old threads.

Similarities between the Titanic and the last days of America.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes

(It was poorly written, but if I spent more time on it, and did some good editing on this... it would definatly make for a good read.)

I watched the movie Titanic recently and I couldn't help but think how similar these events will be to America.

All I know is I can't really enjoy life the way I use to. I went to a really up-scale bar the other night (I don't get out much anymore)... and I couldn't help but stare at the people in my environment. I just looked at all these upper-class people in the place and the way they were socializing. It's like everyone is Completley Oblivious that we are in for the scariest time of our lives.

I've decided to just start saying it: I'm officialy terrofied of our future. I'm scared. I know a lot of people are saying that it's wrong to have so much fear... well guess what, I'm not afraid of what happens to me... I'm afraid of what happens to my children.

99% of the people I talk to have no idea what is about go down in the United States. And just like the movie Titanic... They think our country is unsinkable.

Well if you want to see how average American still thinks... I can sum it up for you in 5 seconds.

Of course, more and more people are starting to realize that this finacial ice berg that we've hit is in fact going to sink the ship. There is no way to fix the damage. I know where the life boat is, but it looks there isn't a seat reserved for me.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

You're right. It is similar to the Titanic. Let's hope we can find a piece of wood to float on after it goes down.

We'll see man. One way to look at it though, we can always make another ship or rebuild and improve the old model.

That's about all we can hope for.

As you stated about your children, i'm worried for my unborn kid as well...which the due date is surprisingly July 4th. Would be something if she was actually born on that day.

Hopefully we are all just delusional and we will all be rich millionares.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

My childs due date was September 11th... Missed it by four days, and he was born on 15th... That would of been interesting, concidering I spent about two years studying the subject.

I don't know what is scarier... The fact that we are on the brink of WWIII, or the fact that most of us are about to be broke.

But hey... once we tear apart the world through war, atleast we will have jobs rebuilding the place.... if we're still alive.

top topics

join