It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your important 100% beliefs (only for independent thinkers)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm not aligned with any organized religion, or political ideology, or any other prearranged package of ideas. I am a seeker of truth, although I don't pretend to be unusually effective in this role.

By belief, I mean that you feel sure that something is true.

I believe that we go on after our bodies stop working, and that ET has been playing a big role on our planet for a really long time.

But I'm more interested what free thinkers believe 100%. Is there any thing you know is true?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Looks like I put this in the wrong place.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You have the right to do as you please, so long as you do not harm others in any way.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I believe that we're just energy...a ball of chemical reactions just like everything else in the universe. I agree with you that ET is playing a big role

Seek the basis behind ignorance...not truth

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I believe that learning heart Chakra Radiance is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I am only certain that nothing is certain

On a more serious note I do believe truth is variable and based on situation. If anything can be said to be 100% true I don't know, most likely but I believe it could be unhealthy to hold solid convictions, some things are as good as certain in most situations though its just convictions are one of the greatest enemies to truth in my eyes.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

The only thing I've ever believed and told others that I believe with 100% certainty is that human energy is enormously powerful and consciously directed human energy 1000 times moreso. Everything else I'm willing to be proved wrong about. But the above is something that I came into this world knowing, and I have never wavered in my knowledge that this is true.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
In the beginning, there was the infinite void and there was a ubiquitous consciousness that was one with it. The void was not one of darkness, but pure light. This consciousness did not know itself, nor did it understand the nature of its existence other than it simply did. The ubiquitous consciousness created the first conceptual pattern so that it might better know itself. This first pattern was known as the Seed of Life, which was then expanded to become the Flower of Life and finally the Fruit of Life. This pattern was beautiful and now the ubiquitous consciousness knew that it was a creator.

From the Creator's imagination sprang infinite fractal patterns that distorted the void, measuring in Octaves, from the first and lowest density, where energy was condensed into basic matter, to the eighth and highest density where everything became one with the infinite void of pure light. Everything in between represented an infinite range of experience so that the Creator may better come to know itself. The first conscious beings were created when the Creator fractured its infinite consciousness, which remained infinite, into the various levels of the fractal pattern the Creator imagined. They are known here as galaxies, existing in some form on all created frequencies. These beings were directly aware of their connection to the Infinite Creator, for they were one and the same.

These galaxies in turn created fractals of themselves, known to us as stars, which created fractals of themselves, known as planets, which created fractals of themselves, recognized by us as living organisms. The stars too were fully aware of their connection to the Infinite Creator, and the planets were at least partially aware of this. The first sentient living beings on early planets knew too their connection to the Infinite Creator and so lived their lived in perpetual bliss and stagnation, like spoiled children.

The story goes that, at length, one of the galaxies suggested that the Creator veil the consciousness of lower life forms. Their highest consciousness would be, to lower aspects, superconscious. This level of consciousness presided over all lower states of consciousness, guiding the experiences of these lower aspects to the best of its ability. This is known to us as the Higher Self and it exists in a state of nonlinear time. It sees all points in evolution experienced by the lower aspects, though its experience was limited to probability. The Higher Self cannot predict absolute outcome, because the lowest aspect of the consciousness is given free will. The Higher Self can only guide its lower aspects to the best of its ability based on the probability of what it sees in all moments of time as it exists in its nonlinear format.

Aware of all aspects of the self and its connection to everything else in existence, though more in the sense of an animal that understands its role in the pack, is the subconscious mind. It is without free will and obeys all commands it is given without question. It has the power to manifest aspects of reality experienced by the conscious mind because it is constantly interacting with the source code of holographic reality as perceived by the conscious mind.

The conscious mind is the lowest aspect of consciousness, veiled from all other aspects of its consciousness. It is, in itself, a crucible of sorrow. It knows a deep, searing, seemingly limitless pain, which is separation. It feels it has been abandoned and deserted, left alone and unwanted by its own Creator. It spends most of its time doing whatever it possibly can to avoid facing this pain, no matter what the cost, including the most suicidally-crippling addictive behaviors.

This pain of apparent separation is its greatest gift. This ‘split’ powers the entire evolution of the Universe, and it will always be felt to some degree while in human form. The choices made at this state determine how quickly its evolution progresses.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Nothing is 100% true for me. As to being an independent thinker...I wold hope that is 100% true, but who knows what part social conditioning plays?

Everything that I have learned so far has been added to or disproved. So, truth is fluid for me. Nothing is 100%

No wait...one thing is true...I love my dogs 100%,,,that's about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by annefran

The only universal truth is infinity and the only reason infinity exists is because it is a void, a vast nothingness that stretches endlessly. So the great truth is that there is no truth. Only truth that is true for you.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I believe that even though I believe in God, salvation and eternal life that I am still a free thinker. The belief in God doesn’t stop you from thinking
The followers that are not free thinkers are the ones who fail to study on their own, and blindly follows what some guy behind an alter preaches.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
When it comes to life, one need merely observe the ways of nature. The eternal dance of duality is one of synchronous rhythm and harmony. Should you ever miss a step, pause for a moment and let the rhythm put you back in place. Should you fall badly, stand up quickly before you lose track of the music.

new topics

top topics

join