It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS -colombia volcano sparks panic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

seems like yet another volcano is ready to blow its load....

holy smoke, this year has been a biggie already for earthquake and volcanic activity. what next!!!!????

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Wow. This has been a very active year so far. Kinda makes you wonder whats on the agenda for the rest of 2009.

Lets all just keep our fingers crossed Yellowstone or another Super Volcano does not decide to blow its top.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
holy pops, thats in my country.
it's kinda creepy since volcanoes have already destroyed entire towns before in Colombia. Let's hope nothing bad happen to those people

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
well,,,, it hit me as i read this

the d4rk knight thread,,,, he said watch for extreme weather and catastrophic events to increase as 2009 arrives

seems to be playing out a bit,,, with many eruptions seemingly right around the corner

and people are see many things in the sky,,, as he stated as well

hmmm.............

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
According to Breaking News Online, Volcano Galeras did erupt, as "explosive eruption" that has ash falling on Patso, Colombia. They are evacuating about 8,000 people.

Another story on it in USA Today

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Is there any scientific observatory website where we can get more information (possibly real-time) about this volcano? Like the ones by USGS for Yellowstone, Alaskan volcanoes, etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

wow just thinking the same thing and was Just about to post roughly the exact same thing there aswell

because things do seem to be increasing alot especially in 2009 and are probably going to continue to increase

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa
Is there any scientific observatory website where we can get more information (possibly real-time) about this volcano? Like the ones by USGS for Yellowstone, Alaskan volcanoes, etc.

RSOE EDIS Emergency and Disaster information agency

RSOE

Someone also mentioned the d4rk knight prophecy thread and after a bit of searching, here's the link.

d4rk knight - A confession. Guild makes me post this.

Part of his post reads:

So, our group of eight, will just in march 2009 walk right out of civilisation and sit and watch the melt down. and if we are right, and the writing on the wall and sounds on the vine say we are, then we have voted to tell people about it in a way that they can either take or leave ie you can laugh at us if you want, no problems, or you can start to make plans of your own, even if it is just finding an out of way area, getting to know it well, and maybe making a plan to flee for a while IF what happens starts to happen.

Edit to add a quote from another post he made further in the thread:

OK the event. It will start with people reporting strange lights / colours / sounds from the sky. This will get more and more frequent over the years, and more and more people will panic. The people will see pictures /events in the sky. then they will see craft and the like in the skies, culminating with a night, where people will see, in the night sky, the stars of the plough dance and shift. they will dance and shift about, and then be seen to swoop down over the heads of people in the sky forming shapes and sounds... this will then lead to some event that even i do not know about fully, but it is the dark knight of Oct 28th, 2011. this starts real slow in 2007... leading to 2009 - 2009 the pace really hots up for the Dark knight of Oct 28th 2011...

Anyone know if d4rk knight added anything else? Is he still posting here?

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Maya00a]

Another edit to add that apparently d4rk knight is banned and last signed in on 30th October. Shame as I didn't take much of what was said seriously before but with satellites colliding and Kentucky reporting lots of strange lights/debris falling, I want to know more. Oh well....

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

Those are not the kinds of websites or sources I'm looking for.
Check out the official Alaska Volcano Observatory website on Redoubt volcano and you'll understand better what I mean.

(there are scientifical analyses and explanations, periodical/hourly observation updates, webcams, webicorders, photos, diagrams, maps, etc.)

[edit on 2009/2/15 by Shirakawa]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
hi, i have been struggling to find any decent web sites for volcano monitoring in south america.

geology.com...

this is about all i have found. it has links to satellite imaging for south america.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

Here's the history of eruptions

about the volcano itself

World Organisation of Volcano Observatories

may not be much help, but it's what I could find

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by grantbeed

Wow. This has been a very active year so far. Kinda makes you wonder whats on the agenda for the rest of 2009.

Lets all just keep our fingers crossed Yellowstone or another Super Volcano does not decide to blow its top.

Not hoping for the "end of the world"...but I sure wish I am alive when it happens.

Front row seats for everybody!

new topics

top topics

join