It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thnk it was easy to track us before? Epson unveils smallest assisted GPS chip yet!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Link to article at GPSObsesed

Epson has debuted the world’s smallest assisted GPS chip, the Infineon XPOSYS. Measuring in at a minuscule 2.8 x 2.9 millimeters, the Infineon XPOSYS is 25 percent smaller than any other assisted GPS chip, while cutting energy consumption in half according to Epson. The chip is also more sensitive than previous Infineon chips, allowing for an accurate location fix indoors. The XPOSYS is scheduled for mass production in late 2009, so expect it to ship in mobile devices next year.

It can even be tracked indoors? Pretty ominous.

While I'm not sure what exactly to think about imlpantable microchips, I can definitely see a push for this type of technology being put into our passports, or in new guns, high tech gear, money...

The possibilities for this type of technology are really endless, and it just keeps getting smaller...

[edit on 2/14/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Also, I was divided on whether to put this here or in tech, so if it belongs there mods, please move it...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
no, the microchip cannot be traced indoors. The microchip can use the signal of the satelites needed to copute the location, however the device would be too smal to be trace-able for a distance of more than 10-20 meters at best.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Wow thats just crazy,
so is this for human use?
i didnt see anything about it...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I would say that by the end of 2009 or 2010 all the equipment needed to track us, store data about us, and to allow us to make transactions will fit in the space of a full stop, all they need is a way to power it for life then were gettin chipped

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 321BoomWeDead

It doesn't say it's to be implanted, but what difference does that make?
If they start putting these in any number of products, from portable devices to ID cards, they don't need to have it implanted in order to effectively track people...

reply to post by phushion

I'm guessing the PTB already have something like that if they're going public with things like this tiny chip...

I have thought about how they would power an implantable chip.. I would imagine it would have the ability to run off the body's own energy fuel supply, drawing sugars and carbohydrates from the bloodstream and through some chemical reaction "metabolizing" them... Highly advanced biomemetics...

[edit on 2/15/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
thefutureofthings.com... rlds-smallest-rfid-chip.html

The Japanese giant Hitachi has developed the world's smallest and thinnest Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip. Measuring only 0.15 x 0.15 millimeters in size and 7.5 micrometers thick, the wireless chip is a smaller version of the previous record holder - Hitachi's 0.4 x 0.4 mm "Micro-Chip". The company used semiconductor miniaturization and electron beam technology to write data on the chip substrates to achieve this decrease in size. The new chips have a wide range of potential applications from military to transportation, logistics and even consumer electronics.

this could put more light on why they are spraying everwhere

new topics

top topics

join